Life's tough decisions

The forum for all things New Jersey! Maybe for those in Iraan TX. And boobs.
Post Reply
User avatar
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Location: On a rock

Re: Life's tough decisions

#76

Post by Wut » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:17 am

In seeing mixed messages here.
wut?

User avatar
FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts, think about it.
Posts: 5211
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#77

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:32 am

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:12 am
I just don't see the point anymore going forward. End of the line.
Dude, don't forget that you have a lot of friends here on UJr. Don't forget about that. You're a major plus in this world & it would be a shame if anything happened to you. If I had to guess you're gonna meet a new SO in the very near future and she will be a lucky person to have met you.

Hang in there buddy. You'll be fine in due time.

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 14614
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#78

Post by CaptQuint » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:41 am

Now is not a good time to lie to him
“I don't take responsibility at all” President Donald John Trump 03/13/2020

User avatar
FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts, think about it.
Posts: 5211
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#79

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:46 am

CaptQuint wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:41 am
Now is not a good time to lie to him
What am I lying about? Did you see in this thread all of the people, including you and EV, wishing him the best of luck?

I honestly believe he truly is a great guy and deserves to meet an awesome SO.

If anything, Now is a good time to tell him the truth.

User avatar
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Posts: 1680
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 pm
Location: SE Cheeseheadistan

Re: Life's tough decisions

#80

Post by Blast » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:00 am

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:52 pm
Anyway, enough with the gloom and doom. Let's shut this thread down. I'm just going through what every child or parent has experienced since humans walked out of Africa. I will survive like everybody else. Thanks for everybody's thoughts. This is just going to be rough.Back to the UJR fun. Anybody know where I can find that. :lol:
Check the coals of your grill. Gotta look closely.
Fuckin' lil' whipper snappers!

User avatar
Smok44
Loves him some FSF & WTC
Posts: 1880
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:29 am

Re: Life's tough decisions

#81

Post by Smok44 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:05 am

Wut wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:17 am
In seeing mixed messages here.


:roll:
Last edited by Smok44 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Allen is a wrench

User avatar
Evvanrenea
Official UJR Emasculator
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#82

Post by Evvanrenea » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:07 am

I’m really sorry WTC that really is awful especially not being able to grieve properly with everything that’s going on. Just don’t let it beat you up too badly.
Your silence sucks.

User avatar
nerd_alert
Forum God
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#83

Post by nerd_alert » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:20 am

Evvanrenea wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:07 am
I’m really sorry WTC that really is awful especially not being able to grieve properly with everything that’s going on. Just don’t let it beat you up too badly.
Great advice.

User avatar
Evvanrenea
Official UJR Emasculator
Posts: 1048
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#84

Post by Evvanrenea » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:49 am

nerd_alert wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:20 am
Evvanrenea wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:07 am
I’m really sorry WTC that really is awful especially not being able to grieve properly with everything that’s going on. Just don’t let it beat you up too badly.
Great advice.
Not really advice. Not much advice to be given in that situation. Just letting him know someone cares.
Your silence sucks.

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 14614
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#85

Post by CaptQuint » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:02 pm

I'd say watch your drinking as well. It would be easy to let it get out of hand at this time.
“I don't take responsibility at all” President Donald John Trump 03/13/2020

User avatar
DiverTexas
Forum God
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#86

Post by DiverTexas » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:26 pm

Sincerest condolences.
Sorry for your loss.

User avatar
Whackov
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 2157
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#87

Post by Whackov » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:54 pm

Sorry for your loss.

I lost my father, my mother and a sister in less than a year’s period. I completely understand you not wanting to see the body. It is better to remember them for what they were instead of what they look like after death.

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#88

Post by WestTexasCrude » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:54 pm

Evvanrenea wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:49 am
nerd_alert wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:20 am
Evvanrenea wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:07 am
I’m really sorry WTC that really is awful especially not being able to grieve properly with everything that’s going on. Just don’t let it beat you up too badly.
Great advice.
Not really advice. Not much advice to be given in that situation. Just letting him know someone cares.
Thanks Evvan, I appreciate it. I was a train wreck this weekend. It was not just the shock, but Friday and Saturday nights I maybe slept 8 hours combined. Slept almost 12 last night and feel tons better. Realize I need to get my shit together. Family coming here in 3 days and I have a Father to bury.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#89

Post by WestTexasCrude » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:56 pm

DiverTexas wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:26 pm
Sincerest condolences.
Sorry for your loss.
Thanks DT. That's special coming from you after the way I treated you the last week or 2. I apologize. Seems I've been "mad at the World" forever.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#90

Post by WestTexasCrude » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:06 am

Whackov wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:54 pm
Sorry for your loss.

I lost my father, my mother and a sister in less than a year’s period. I completely understand you not wanting to see the body. It is better to remember them for what they were instead of what they look like after death.
Thanks Whackov. Back in my 20's, was at my Grandmother's funeral (Mom side) and they just lifted the casket and showed her body. Tore me up. I just don't understand the point.It's my Sister, Brother and me. I was voted down about having an open casket for my Dad. I will just walk away when it happens. No problem. They say they want the grandkids and great grandkids to see him for the last time. I'm kinda guessing that group doesn't want to see a dead body and the parents are clueless. The whole open casket thing is a relic from before refrigeration when you paid a funeral director tons of money to make the body presentable (embalming) . It was like a show of his talent. Like PeteRoseHaircut said. That grave is not where my Dad is. It's in my memory.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed him back in HS
Posts: 4461
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Life's tough decisions

#91

Post by Reservoir Dog » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:29 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:06 am
Whackov wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:54 pm
Sorry for your loss.

I lost my father, my mother and a sister in less than a year’s period. I completely understand you not wanting to see the body. It is better to remember them for what they were instead of what they look like after death.
Thanks Whackov. Back in my 20's, was at my Grandmother's funeral (Mom side) and they just lifted the casket and showed her body. Tore me up. I just don't understand the point.It's my Sister, Brother and me. I was voted down about having an open casket for my Dad. I will just walk away when it happens. No problem. They say they want the grandkids and great grandkids to see him for the last time. I'm kinda guessing that group doesn't want to see a dead body and the parents are clueless. The whole open casket thing is a relic from before refrigeration when you paid a funeral director tons of money to make the body presentable (embalming) . It was like a show of his talent. Like PeteRoseHaircut said. That grave is not where my Dad is. It's in my memory.
Attending an open casket funeral can be an important life lesson for children and grandchildren. It also helps people obtain a sense of closure.

User avatar
DiverTexas
Forum God
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#92

Post by DiverTexas » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:46 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:56 pm
DiverTexas wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:26 pm
Sincerest condolences.
Sorry for your loss.
Thanks DT. That's special coming from you after the way I treated you the last week or 2. I apologize. Seems I've been "mad at the World" forever.
No problem, completely understood.
I lost Mom a few years ago and then lost Dad 44 days later.
The anger is completely normal.
Just do your best to remember the good times and cherish the time you got to spend together.
Hang in there.

User avatar
FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts, think about it.
Posts: 5211
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#93

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 pm

DiverTexas wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:46 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:56 pm
DiverTexas wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:26 pm
Sincerest condolences.
Sorry for your loss.
Thanks DT. That's special coming from you after the way I treated you the last week or 2. I apologize. Seems I've been "mad at the World" forever.
No problem, completely understood.
I lost Mom a few years ago and then lost Dad 44 days later.
The anger is completely normal.
Just do your best to remember the good times and cherish the time you got to spend together.
Hang in there.
I like you guys from Texas. When the pandemic kills everyone but me in NJ maybe I'll move out to Texas.

User avatar
HighNDry
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 pm
Location: Definitely NOT in Ev's asshole

Re: Life's tough decisions

#94

Post by HighNDry » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:15 pm

FreakShowFanatic wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 pm
I like you guys from Texas. When the pandemic kills everyone but me in NJ maybe I'll move out to Texas.
I bet their fingers are hurting from being crossed so tight.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 14614
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#95

Post by CaptQuint » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:18 pm

Texas executes retards
“I don't take responsibility at all” President Donald John Trump 03/13/2020

User avatar
HighNDry
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 pm
Location: Definitely NOT in Ev's asshole

Re: Life's tough decisions

#96

Post by HighNDry » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:22 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:18 pm
Texas executes (almost all) retards
Fixed that. I mean, we have to account for WTC.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg

User avatar
WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery
Posts: 5520
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#97

Post by WestTexasCrude » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:24 pm

DiverTexas wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:46 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:56 pm
DiverTexas wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:26 pm
Sincerest condolences.
Sorry for your loss.
Thanks DT. That's special coming from you after the way I treated you the last week or 2. I apologize. Seems I've been "mad at the World" forever.
No problem, completely understood.
I lost Mom a few years ago and then lost Dad 44 days later.
The anger is completely normal.
Just do your best to remember the good times and cherish the time you got to spend together.
Hang in there.
2 parents/ 2 funerals in 44 days/ Holy Uggh- can't even imagine the emotional gut punch that entails. Holy shit
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 5382
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#98

Post by Flumper » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:26 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:18 pm
Texas executes retards
first we take them on a snipe hunt.

User avatar
HighNDry
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 pm
Location: Definitely NOT in Ev's asshole

Re: Life's tough decisions

#99

Post by HighNDry » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:28 pm

Flumper wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:26 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:18 pm
Texas executes retards
first we take them on a snipe hunt.
What happens to the winners?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 14614
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Life's tough decisions

#100

Post by CaptQuint » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:28 pm

HighNDry wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:28 pm
Flumper wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:26 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:18 pm
Texas executes retards
first we take them on a snipe hunt.
What happens to the winners?
They make em Governor
“I don't take responsibility at all” President Donald John Trump 03/13/2020

Post Reply