Solve a problem for me.

Post all things Jersey here. Maybe some other things. Like Iraan TX. And boobs.
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché

Re: Solve a problem for me.

Post by CaptQuint » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:52 pm

Flumper wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:45 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 pm
Flumper wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:37 pm
and, fuck. forehead thermometers are sold out everywhere. jesus.
I'd use 99 and over. Some people normally read 99 or more but fuck those people
since i get to make up my own rules, i think i'll wait and see how good the employee is vs what their temperature is.
You could use a rectal thermometer and test their dedication to their job at the same time.
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

B-Tender
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by B-Tender » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:54 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:52 pm
Flumper wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:45 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 pm
Flumper wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:37 pm
and, fuck. forehead thermometers are sold out everywhere. jesus.
I'd use 99 and over. Some people normally read 99 or more but fuck those people
since i get to make up my own rules, i think i'll wait and see how good the employee is vs what their temperature is.
You could use a rectal thermometer and test their dedication to their job at the same time.
Might wind up with a new employee of the month.

QillerDaemon
Nobody, really.
Interests: Playing Skyrim and picking my nose

Post by QillerDaemon » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:11 pm

Flumper wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:34 pm
i have literally read through 15 federal web page sites on temperature checks and not a fucking one of them tells what temperature that people are screened for. they have been screening people at airports with those thermometers for months now. WHAT FUCKING TEMP are you looking for? Holy shit.

Is 99 degrees a good number to use?
Generally, most doctors are not too concerned with a heightened core temperature until it gets over 38°C or 100.4°F. "Normal" body temp is 37°C or 98.6°F. However, this may be wrong, and core temperatures have been dropping, with the average now about 36.6°C or 97.9°F.

Due to my dead thyroid, I run even colder, usually down to 97.4°F, and I can whine like a woman about how chilly the office is. Turns my nipples into diamond cutters.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.

Flumper
The Great Pretender

Post by Flumper » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:16 pm

QillerDaemon wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:11 pm
Flumper wrote:
i have literally read through 15 federal web page sites on temperature checks and not a fucking one of them tells what temperature that people are screened for. they have been screening people at airports with those thermometers for months now. WHAT FUCKING TEMP are you looking for? Holy shit.

Generally, most doctors are not too concerned with a heightened core temperature until it gets over 38°C or 100.4°F. "Normal" body temp is 37°C or 98.6°F. However, this may be wrong, and core temperatures have been dropping, with the average now about 36.6°C or 97.9°F.

Due to my dead thyroid, I run even colder, usually down to 97.4°F, and I can whine like a woman about how chilly the office is. Turns my nipples into diamond cutters.
it doesn't seem to matter. there are no thermometers to be found anywhere. even on amazon the quickest delivery is in May. When we will either be dead or laughing about all of this hysteria.

QillerDaemon
Nobody, really.
Interests: Playing Skyrim and picking my nose

Post by QillerDaemon » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 pm

Flumper wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:16 pm
it doesn't seem to matter. there are no thermometers to be found anywhere. even on amazon the quickest delivery is in May. When we will either be dead or laughing about all of this hysteria.
Both Lysol and Clorox disinfecting wipes are known to kill the SARS virus, and COVID-19 is also known as SARS-CoV-2, so those wipes are also considered to be effective against the coronavirus. You -could- just use a regular mouth thermometer and wipe it down for a full minute before reusing it another person. Caution: these wipes taste like ass! Nobody's going to like it. But if that's all you have....

Here's a list of all known compounds used in viral disinfecting solutions that are known to be effective against the coronavirus. Check the label for its EPA registration number and compare.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:53 pm

Flumper wrote:
CaptQuint wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:30 pm
Flumper wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:23 pm
so............... talking to some people that know a thing or two (I hope), they have told me that if I get an instant read thermometer (forehead type) and check each person that travels in a vehicle to make sure they don't have a temperature (problem is, no one can tell me what the definition of a problem temperature is). And, then as a backup precaution they told me to have them wear a mask (which is impossible because there are none). So they told me to have them wear a bandana or something over their face.
I've been seeing employers send home any employee with a 99 degree temp and above, you also have to clean the thermometer between foreheads. Bandana can't hurt. If someone sneezes I think you are allowed to run the over with a pickup truck. Hope this helps.

What you do is weigh yourself while holding them in your arms, then weigh yourself alone. The difference in weights is how much they weigh.

Happy to help.

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:05 pm

QillerDaemon wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:11 pm
Flumper wrote:

I've heard anything 100°F or higher is a concern too. 97-99°F was given as normal range. I knew it fluctuated but I thought "Normal" was a much smaller window. Crazy that it is actually dropping in Humans that significantly.

Flumper
The Great Pretender

Post by Flumper » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:26 pm

I finally found this.
Fever is a key symptom, experts say. Don't fixate on a number, but know it's really not a fever until your temperature reaches at least 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7 degrees Celsius) for children and adults.

"There are many misconceptions about fever. Average daily temperature is 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit (37 degrees Celsius), but we all actually go up and down quite a bit during the day as much as half of a degree or a degree," said Dr. John Williams, chief of the division of pediatric infectious diseases at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.
"So 99.0 degrees or 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit is not a fever," he stressed.
When you check for fever, don't rely on a temperature taken in the morning. Instead take your temp in the late afternoon and early evening.
"Our temperature is not the same during the day. If you take it at eight o'clock in the morning, it may be normal," Schaffner explained.
"One of the most common presentations of fever is that your temperature goes up in the late afternoon and early evening -- it's a common way that viruses produce fever."
and, of course, if you check it in the morning its not accurate. which would be the time i would need to check it. But it does say that "100" is the magic number to look for.