Solve a problem for me.

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Solve a problem for me.

Post by Animal »

I finally found this.
Fever is a key symptom, experts say. Don't fixate on a number, but know it's really not a fever until your temperature reaches at least 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7 degrees Celsius) for children and adults.

"There are many misconceptions about fever. Average daily temperature is 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit (37 degrees Celsius), but we all actually go up and down quite a bit during the day as much as half of a degree or a degree," said Dr. John Williams, chief of the division of pediatric infectious diseases at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.
"So 99.0 degrees or 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit is not a fever," he stressed.
When you check for fever, don't rely on a temperature taken in the morning. Instead take your temp in the late afternoon and early evening.
"Our temperature is not the same during the day. If you take it at eight o'clock in the morning, it may be normal," Schaffner explained.
"One of the most common presentations of fever is that your temperature goes up in the late afternoon and early evening -- it's a common way that viruses produce fever."
and, of course, if you check it in the morning its not accurate. which would be the time i would need to check it. But it does say that "100" is the magic number to look for.