Oil ↓

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

WestTexasCrude

Re: Oil ↓

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:42 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:23 am We aren't selling jalapenos, idiot but the life blood of every economy on Earth. Wall Street speculators seeking short term profits have nothing to do with the year/ year Supply/ Demand World wide situation. I hope this clears it up for someone who seems stuck in some fantasy economic World.
what a dumb ass.
Sorry, you are wrong/ Couldn't be more so if you tried harder. Get over yourself and back to ranch 101 economics. It seems your speed.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:50 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:23 am We aren't selling jalapenos, idiot but the life blood of every economy on Earth. Wall Street speculators seeking short term profits have nothing to do with the year/ year Supply/ Demand World wide situation. I hope this clears it up for someone who seems stuck in some fantasy economic World.
what a dumb ass.
Sorry, you are wrong/ Couldn't be more so if you tried harder. Get over yourself and back to ranch 101 economics. It seems your speed.
how about you do something, then. how about you explain to me how the price of oil is set? who determines it and how?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

and then go on to explain what those 100 million barrel things are that those wall street speculators trade every day.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:54 am
what a dumb ass.
how about you do something, then. how about you explain to me how the price of oil is set? who determines it and how?
First, it not set by the Wall Street speculators looking for a quick buck on the next months futures short or long that you seem so infatuated about. Throw that out the window. Supply/Demand. OPEC used to set the price- but that's 50's years ago. "How is the price set"? "Who determines it and how"? Market economy. Simple as that. Glut due to the virus- low prices. Economy opens up- increased demand. prices rebound. It's really not that hard to fathom. It's been the exact history of the oil business for 180 years. And I'm fixing to go do something else.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:17 am
what a dumb ass.
First, it not set by the Wall Street speculators looking for a quick buck on the next months futures short or long that you seem so infatuated about. Throw that out the window. Supply/Demand. OPEC used to set the price- but that's 50's years ago. "How is the price set"? "Who determines it and how"? Market economy. Simple as that. Glut due to the virus- low prices. Economy opens up- increased demand. prices rebound. It's really not that hard to fathom. It's been the exact history of the oil business for 180 years. And I'm fixing to go do something else.
the things that you describe set the supply and the demand. the actual price is set by the futures contracts traded on the commodity market. that market is where the two (supply and demand) come together. very few of the people trading futures contracts (percentage) are speculators. most of them are companies buying or selling oil at future prices. do some fucking research on the subject and learn a thing or two.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:00 am and then go on to explain what those 100 million barrel things are that those wall street speculators trade every day.
So, you actually think these people "Own" these 100 million barrels you site. How quaint.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:28 am
Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:00 am and then go on to explain what those 100 million barrel things are that those wall street speculators trade every day.
So, you actually think these people "Own" these 100 million barrels you site. How quaint.
no. not every one of them. some are speculators selling and then covering themselves by buying back before the contract expires. but that's a small part of it.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i'm frankly a little mind blown that you act as though you are so ingrained in an industry and such an expert on it, and yet you don't even grasp the most simple concept about how the price of oil is set from month to month, day to day, and minute to minute.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:24 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:17 am
what a dumb ass.
the things that you describe set the supply and the demand. the actual price is set by the futures contracts traded on the commodity market. that market is where the two (supply and demand) come together. very few of the people trading futures contracts (percentage) are speculators. most of them are companies buying or selling oil at future prices. do some fucking research on the subject and learn a thing or two.
Yeah, I get it. It not just the price of oil posted at the end of the day to track. But, you are way overestimating the futures market. It's just way stimulated right now with the virus BS. Normal decades on end, prices month to month are steady as shit depending on the circumstances
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:39 am Yeah, I get it. It not just the price of oil posted at the end of the day to track. But, you are way overestimating the futures market. It's just way stimulated right now with the virus BS. Normal decades on end, prices month to month are steady as shit depending on the circumstances
this topic is way out of your wheel house. keep thinking that there is some magic store where big companies buy and sell oil. or some street corner they all stand on with barrels in the back of their trucks for sale.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:38 am i'm frankly a little mind blown that you act as though you are so ingrained in an industry and such an expert on it, and yet you don't even grasp the most simple concept about how the price of oil is set from month to month, day to day, and minute to minute.
And I'm amazed at your lack of knowledge on how this industry actually works. It's been around almost 2 Centuries. Produce- pipeline -refine- ship. That's your 2 Century model. What Wall Street does with that is no concern here even if we could do anything about it. Capeche?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:43 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:39 am Yeah, I get it. It not just the price of oil posted at the end of the day to track. But, you are way overestimating the futures market. It's just way stimulated right now with the virus BS. Normal decades on end, prices month to month are steady as shit depending on the circumstances
this topic is way out of your wheel house. keep thinking that there is some magic store where big companies buy and sell oil. or some street corner they all stand on with barrels in the back of their trucks for sale.
Or maybe Ease up and learn the truth. Or will your pride not allow that?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dummies gotta dumb
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:50 am
:lol: i'm laughing at how stupid you are about this.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:51 am dummies gotta dumb
Retards have to chime in on subjects they have no clue about.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:56 am
Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:51 am dummies gotta dumb
Retards have to chime in on subjects they have no clue about.
i guess you also think the butcher down at the Piggly Wiggly sets the price on bacon, too.

oh wait, its just hundreds of years of supply and demand that do that. farm, raise, feed, butcher, ship.

LMFAO :lol:
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:52 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:50 am
:lol: i'm laughing at how stupid you are about this.
Whatever, this is done. I'm talking the Supply/ demand world supply that the entire World depends on and your talking some Wall Street BS Long/ short manipulation that nobody cares about in a crisis. Hope some economic classes open soon at your local JC. I'll pay.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:04 am Whatever, this is done. I'm talking the Supply/ demand world supply that the entire World depends on and your talking some Wall Street BS Long/ short manipulation that nobody cares about in a crisis. Hope some economic classes open soon at your local JC. I'll pay.
actually you don't know WHAT you are talking about and you know it. you have found yourself in a conversation that you always thought you understood, but in fact you have no clue.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:11 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:04 am Whatever, this is done. I'm talking the Supply/ demand world supply that the entire World depends on and your talking some Wall Street BS Long/ short manipulation that nobody cares about in a crisis. Hope some economic classes open soon at your local JC. I'll pay.
actually you don't know WHAT you are talking about and you know it. you have found yourself in a conversation that you always thought you understood, but in fact you have no clue.
Actually I know exactly what I'm talking about and I think Mr. Rancher with his economic 101 rural economic experience has no clue how this industry actually works. But thanks for trying.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:24 am
Flumper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:11 am
Actually I know exactly what I'm talking about and I think Mr. Rancher with his economic 101 rural economic experience has no clue how this industry actually works. But thanks for trying.
stay blissful, dummy.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Sunday drunk on a Monday.

Weaponized dumbfuckery indeed. :lol:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Unlike most products, oil prices are not determined entirely by supply, demand and market sentiment toward the physical product. Rather, supply, demand and sentiment toward oil futures contracts, which are traded heavily by speculators, play a dominant role in price determination. Cyclical trends in the commodities market may also play a role.