Meanwhile, with this total Pandemic & total lockdown in NJ & most of the rest of this country...

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Meanwhile, with this total Pandemic & total lockdown in NJ & most of the rest of this country...

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

I still see about the same amount of traffic going back & forth on the road in front of my house. It's a rural road with a speed limit of 25 but apparently people are still going out and about.

Then I go to the grocery store today & the place was mobbed with guess this, mostly elderly people in their 70's plus waddling about. No wonder those old fucks are catching this sickness like mad. I had my mask on and gloves and got what I needed, (eggs, milk, bread, cheese, etc.)

If I was smart I probably would hunker down & live on canned food for the next month or so but something tells me it will be inevitable that I catch the virus anyway. Two people in my house are still working with jobs deemed "essential" so even when I stay at home I'm still reasonably confident that they'll bring it home.

Thoughts?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Meanwhile, with this total Pandemic & total lockdown in NJ & most of the rest of this country...

Post by CHEEZY17 »

[media] [/media]
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: Meanwhile, with this total Pandemic & total lockdown in NJ & most of the rest of this country...

Post by FSchmertz »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:59 am I still see about the same amount of traffic going back & forth on the road in front of my house. It's a rural road with a speed limit of 25 but apparently people are still going out and about.

Then I go to the grocery store today & the place was mobbed with guess this, mostly elderly people in their 70's plus waddling about. No wonder those old fucks are catching this sickness like mad. I had my mask on and gloves and got what I needed, (eggs, milk, bread, cheese, etc.)

If I was smart I probably would hunker down & live on canned food for the next month or so but something tells me it will be inevitable that I catch the virus anyway. Two people in my house are still working with jobs deemed "essential" so even when I stay at home I'm still reasonably confident that they'll bring it home.

Thoughts?
My grocery store has special hours for seniors, pregnant women, and people with "conditions." Early AM when it's cleanest, before the "youngins" arrive.

Lots of others have done it too.

I recommend telling your grocery store to get with the program.

P.S. And when I go into my contractor job (yes it's exempt) traffic feels like it's a Saturday morning. Not experiencing the world you are, and I don't live far from you.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Even banks are doing it in Jersey
TD Bank: The first hour of full-service branch operations and customer appointment bookings will be set aside for seniors and those at risk for COVID-19, the bank said in a notice on its website. "We are encouraging other customers to plan their trips accordingly to help us better protect this population," the bank said in a statement.
https://www.app.com/story/money/busines ... 886617001/
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Smok44 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:39 am
FSchmertz wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:33 am
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:59 am I still see about the same amount of traffic going back & forth on the road in front of my house. It's a rural road with a speed limit of 25 but apparently people are still going out and about.

Thoughts?
My grocery store has special hours for seniors, pregnant women, and people with "conditions." Early AM when it's cleanest, before the "youngins" arrive.

Lots of others have done it too.

I recommend telling your grocery store to get with the program.

P.S. And when I go into my contractor job (yes it's exempt) traffic feels like it's a Saturday morning. Not experiencing the world you are, and I don't live far from you.
The bad farmer's market sushi is getting to him
Quiet you! I'm starting to like you. Next thing ya know you'll end up being my friend. :lol:
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 am Even banks are doing it in Jersey
TD Bank: The first hour of full-service branch operations and customer appointment bookings will be set aside for seniors and those at risk for COVID-19, the bank said in a notice on its website. "We are encouraging other customers to plan their trips accordingly to help us better protect this population," the bank said in a statement.

My bank closed off lobby hours. Everything is drive through now.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

My wife is a medical lab tech, and I work in lab IT, too, often needing to visit medical offices to work on special comm networks. I'm technically on a "work from home" (which I normally do, any way) order, but still need to visit those offices. So either she or I will get it and give it to the other. Or maybe even we'll give it to each other at the same time, who knows.

We live a block away from what's usually a very busy north-south route that goes by Universal Studios on the west side of Orange County, and traffic is normally loud enough to wake me in the morning. Douches with their blasting car stereos, bikers and their wide-open throttles, tires squealing, etc. Road is usually a shit-show between 6am to about 9am. It's been almost pin-dropping quiet the last few days, sounds like a Sunday morning.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

nerd_alert wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:52 am
FSchmertz wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:47 am Even banks are doing it in Jersey

My bank closed off lobby hours. Everything is drive through now.
Living in our four-wheeled infection-boxes and not getting out works to contain it too! :D
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:00 pm Road is usually a shit-show between 6am to about 9am. It's been almost pin-dropping quiet the last few days, sounds like a Sunday morning.
I live about 100 yards from a very busy street - it's been about 10% of the traffic the last 10 days. I'm going 70 mph in rush hour traffic where it's usually stop and go.

The parks have been absolutely nuts busy the last few evenings.

My office building usually has about 30 people working in it - we are at about 7 I think. Oddly a week into their shelter in place - people are drifting back into their offices more often throughout the day.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

beagleboy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:54 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:00 pm Road is usually a shit-show between 6am to about 9am. It's been almost pin-dropping quiet the last few days, sounds like a Sunday morning.
I live about 100 yards from a very busy street - it's been about 10% of the traffic the last 10 days. I'm going 70 mph in rush hour traffic where it's usually stop and go.

My office building usually has about 30 people working in it - we are at about 7 I think. Oddly a week into their shelter in place - people are drifting back into their offices more often throughout the day.
Personally I'd like to drift back toward my appartment. My hands smell like bleach
Last edited by Blast on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Apparently in the NY area, kids are playing in team games at local parks (basketball, street hockey et.). I don't think they're getting it. And where's the enforcement?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:16 pm

Apparently in the NY area, kids are playing in team games at local parks (basketball, street hockey et.). I don't think they're getting it. And where's the enforcement?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Last night while walking the wife and I saw a party /bbq of about 20 people including kids running around. The wife commented someone should say something and I called her a Karen.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

I'll say it again...
This thing is going to wipe out a lot of retards, old fukks and Americans.

Yes. UJ might come become a ghost town.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:16 pm

LOL!
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I'm keeping up with some Jersey facebook peeps and they are all pissed at the orthodox in Lakewood. I guess that's what happens when every political position, school board seat, councilman position is taken by one of your own. You pretty much make your own rules.
I blame Biker.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:19 pm
Stapes wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:54 pm
I'm keeping up with some Jersey facebook peeps and they are all pissed at the orthodox in Lakewood. I guess that's what happens when every political position, school board seat, councilman position is taken by one of your own. You pretty much make your own rules.
I can't believe there are 200 synagogues and 130 yeshivas just in Lakewood.

It's literally the biggest con game in the world going on in that town. 80% of them are on food stamps and welfare because they're "students"
I blame Biker.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Stapes wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:41 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:19 pm
Stapes wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:54 pm
I can't believe there are 200 synagogues and 130 yeshivas just in Lakewood.

It's literally the biggest con game in the world going on in that town. 80% of them are on food stamps and welfare because they're "students"
I was just reading an article the other day that listed the 10 US cities that had the highest property decline in value. A NJ city was on the list only once with, you guessed it, Lakewood coming in 4th... I feel sorry for the original home owners there that are now taking a big hit. My advice, move out before it gets even worse.