Deathproof band ratings

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Re: Deathproof band ratings

Post by Deathproof »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:30 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:06 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:13 pmPropagandhi
I've heard the name, but never heard their music. N/A
Surprised you knew about and mentioned Lagwagon's cover songs but have never heard Propoghandi. :lol:

Even iI with basically twice as much free time as a normal sleeping person, can't get to every artist. There's too much music and not enough time.
But I listened to that song you posted, and now I'm thinking that's all I ever need to hear by Propoghandi. Seriously, that was ass.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Deathproof wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:37 am
Burn1dwn wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:30 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:06 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:13 pmPropagandhi
I've heard the name, but never heard their music. N/A
Surprised you knew about and mentioned Lagwagon's cover songs but have never heard Propoghandi. :lol:

Even iI with basically twice as much free time as a normal sleeping person, can't get to every artist. There's too much music and not enough time.
But I listened to that song you posted, and now I'm thinking that's all I ever need to hear by Propoghandi. Seriously, that was ass.
I don't blame you. They suck and are Canadian commies ti boot. I just knew they covered Cheap Trick.
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

I'd like to see some naked pictures of Pink.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

peterosehaircut wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:46 pm I'd like to see some naked pictures of Pink.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

I think Pete meant more naked pics of Pink. :lol:
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

B-Tender wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:51 pm Image

She has a nice little body
I blame Biker.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

wesley schultz
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

alan stone
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

porky wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:34 amalan stone
porky wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:33 amwesley schultz
I don't know who those people are.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Deathproof wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:33 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:49 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:23 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:02 pm Have you ever checked out Rick Beato's youtube channel?
I have not. I'm not sure i know who that is, but the name sounds vaguely familiar.

If you're in the depths of your insomnia check it out. Dude is a musical savant and has tons of vids breaking down entire songs, riffs, beats, lyrics etc. I believe hes a former sound engineer, producer and musical professor. Very well rounded too. He tackles everything from the 60's to more current stuff.
That sounds like it would be right in my wheelhouse. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely give it a listen.
That dude has singlehandedly and immeasurably increased my understanding of music and how it’s made. I hope you don’t think he’s full of shite.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Deathproof wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:40 am

wesley shultxz is the lead of the lumineers:
peterosehaircut

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:53 pm I think Pete meant more naked pics of Pink. :lol:
Yeah, Deathproof posted that he has seen her naked a lot and she has a hairy bush, I haven't seen those pics.
Unless he's saying he saw her naked numerous times in person.
Secondly, it's not the 1970s anymore. Someone has got to educate her on the whole grooming thing, and tell her to trim that shit. I've seen her in the nude on more than one occasion, and it's a jungle down there. Tarzan would get lost
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

peterosehaircut wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:10 am
Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:53 pm I think Pete meant more naked pics of Pink. :lol:
Yeah, Deathproof posted that he has seen her naked a lot and she has a hairy bush, I haven't seen those pics.
In person, but don't get the wrong idea. I've never so much as spoken to her. I'll just say we've been at the same parties and things, and she's not ashamed of her body.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

porky wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:04 am
Deathproof wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:40 am

wesley shultxz is the lead of the lumineers:
I watched both videos, and I was more impressed with the Lumineers. Alan Stone singing Marcy Playground was... not good. The Lumineers was only slightly better.
peterosehaircut

Deathproof wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:10 am
peterosehaircut wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:10 am
In person, but don't get the wrong idea. I've never so much as spoken to her. I'll just say we've been at the same parties and things, and she's not ashamed of her body.
Nice!
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

I miss hairy muffs. There’s a mystery to them you young bucks are missing out on.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:25 pm I miss hairy muffs. There’s a mystery to them you young bucks are missing out on.
There's a reason restaurants have lights. People want see what they're eating.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

:lol:
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:19 pm How about the poor man's Rush: Triumph?
bump
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:25 pm I miss hairy muffs. There’s a mystery to them you young bucks are missing out on.
Yep. One of the best parts of being with a new girl was the discovery moment.
Does the carpet match the drapes? Was she a massive or moderate bush? Soft pubes or more coarse?

When I first started really getting to that point with girls my preference was blondes and I was always "disappointed" when the panties came off and there's a thick black bush staring me in the face. It took awhile before I finally got a pure blonde muff.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:07 pm
hawkfan8812 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:19 pm How about the poor man's Rush: Triumph?
bump
I'm sorry, must've missed it. You pretty much nailed it, though. Triumph was the K-Mart version of Rush. Aside from the common factor of being Canadian, though, they failed at copying Rush. And they knew it, too. Its not a mystery why they gave up trying to mimic Rush's complexity and virtuosity, and settled into a more generic butt-rock sound.
Having said that, it's not like they were the worst thing Canada ever produced. "Lay it on the Line" and "Hold On" were fairly decent songs. "Fight the Good Fight" is probably their best song, from the United Forces album in 1981. Fun trivia: Sebastian Bach was briefly their lead singer, in like 1992 or 1993. And their guitarist, Phil X, is currently Bon Jovi's guitarist, having replaced Richie Sambora.
They sounded okay, I guess. Not really noteworthy, but not awful. Rik Emmett and Gil Moore would probably be better served as session musicians. 1.75 out of 5.
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

How about Stryper? Not sure if they’ve been mentioned and I’m too lazy to search.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

HighNDry wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:47 pm How about Stryper? Not sure if they’ve been mentioned and I’m too lazy to search.
Get ready to giggle.i fucking love Stryper! Like, you have no idea. I have all their shit. Even the demos they did as Roxx Regime back in 1983. And, one of my prized possessions, a guitar signed by Robert Sweet, Oz Fox, and Tim Gaines. I actually went as "Stryper" for Halloween when I was 5; I hadn't yet become cognizant of the concept of a band, so I thought those songs I loved were all by one guy, whose name was Stryper. But I thought I looked cool as shit in my black and yellow rock star costume.
Michael Sweet is one of the best pure singers in metal. Sharp, clean, operatic, powerful, and able to hit notes most of his peers can't even approach. Oz Fox is everything Eddie Van Halen would've liked to be as a guitarist. He shreds like a thrash metal guy, but keeps it melodic and tight to the song. Robert Sweet keeps time perfectly and doesn't masturbate with the drum fills. Tim Gaines, when he actually plays the bass, is solid as fuck -- it's a shame he didn't actually play a lot of the songs he's credited for. He has some shit going on in his life that I'm unaware of, so he's away for now, but it'll be nice to have him back when he's ready.
Okay, yes, the Christian metal gimmick is a little hokey, but it's no more embarrassing than Metallica wandering around pretending to be musicians. And all the yellow and black striped shit actually looks pretty cool in my opinion.
They write heavy songs that still manage to have humongous hooks, their melodies are clear, they harmonize perfectly, and their songs are epic. Check out "Calling on You", "Free", "Soldiers Under Command", "I Believe in You", and for a good time, the all-covers album The Covering. Their versions of Iron Maiden's "The Trooper" and Deep Purple's "Highway Star" are fucking incredible.
Their next-to-latest album, God Damn Evil, is a masterpiece as well. 5 out of 5.
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

Deathproof wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:18 pm
HighNDry wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:47 pm How about Stryper? Not sure if they’ve been mentioned and I’m too lazy to search.
Get ready to giggle.i fucking love Stryper! Like, you have no idea. I have all their shit. Even the demos they did as Roxx Regime back in 1983. And, one of my prized possessions, a guitar signed by Robert Sweet, Oz Fox, and Tim Gaines. I actually went as "Stryper" for Halloween when I was 5; I hadn't yet become cognizant of the concept of a band, so I thought those songs I loved were all by one guy, whose name was Stryper. But I thought I looked cool as shit in my black and yellow rock star costume.
Michael Sweet is one of the best pure singers in metal. Sharp, clean, operatic, powerful, and able to hit notes most of his peers can't even approach. Oz Fox is everything Eddie Van Halen would've liked to be as a guitarist. He shreds like a thrash metal guy, but keeps it melodic and tight to the song. Robert Sweet keeps time perfectly and doesn't masturbate with the drum fills. Tim Gaines, when he actually plays the bass, is solid as fuck -- it's a shame he didn't actually play a lot of the songs he's credited for. He has some shit going on in his life that I'm unaware of, so he's away for now, but it'll be nice to have him back when he's ready.
Okay, yes, the Christian metal gimmick is a little hokey, but it's no more embarrassing than Metallica wandering around pretending to be musicians. And all the yellow and black striped shit actually looks pretty cool in my opinion.
They write heavy songs that still manage to have humongous hooks, their melodies are clear, they harmonize perfectly, and their songs are epic. Check out "Calling on You", "Free", "Soldiers Under Command", "I Believe in You", and for a good time, the all-covers album The Covering. Their versions of Iron Maiden's "The Trooper" and Deep Purple's "Highway Star" are fucking incredible.
Their next-to-latest album, God Damn Evil, is a masterpiece as well. 5 out of 5.
That's fucking awesome. I love their early shit. Their last few albums have been amazing. Michael Sweet's voice is still ridiculous after all these years, too, which helps a lot. I'm going to check out those Maiden and Deep Purple covers now.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg