Deathproof band ratings

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

pork
Grouchy old fart.

Re: Deathproof band ratings

Post by pork »

B-Tender wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:50 pm
peterosehaircut wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:46 pm I'd like to see some naked pictures of Pink.
i thought i posted about this but i guess it didnt post. i met her at an equestrian thing in Santa Barbara for a charity. a friend of mine owns the ranch next too hers. she was pleasant to talk too. i didnt know who she was at first. she was just some short butchy chick in a sun dress. then i had the oh fuck moment that's pink. shes alright. you woulndt go out of your way to try and fuck her.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

sticky fingers:

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

porky wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:58 pm sticky fingers:

Never heard of them. Not bad.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

While we're caught up, let's do a top 10 list.

Deathproof's Top 24 Lesser-Known Hair Metal Groups (in no particular order):
1. Roxy Blue
2. Kik Tracee
3. Gorky Park
4. Dangerous Toys
5. Trixter
6. Vixen
7. Slaughter
8. Neverland
9. Danger Danger
10. Faster Pussycat
11. Love/Hate
12.Steelheart
13. Cinderella
14. Hanoi Rocks
15. Britney Fox
16. Every Mother's Nightmare
17. Spread Eagle
18. Loudness
19. Asphalt Ballet
20. Kingdom Come
21. Bonham
22. Shotgun Messiah
23. Hardline
24. Ugly Kid Joe
Last edited by Deathproof on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

Deathproof wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:15 pm While we're caught up, let's do a top 10 list.

Deathproof's Top 23 Lesser-Known Hair Metal Groups (in no particular order):
1. Roxy Blue
2. Kik Tracee
3. Gorky Park
4. Dangerous Toys
5. Trixter
6. Vixen
7. Slaughter
8. Neverland
9. Danger Danger
10. Faster Pussycat
11. Love/Hate
12.Steelheart
13. Cinderella
14. Hanoi Rocks
15. Britney Fox
16. Every Mother's Nightmare
17. Spread Eagle
18. Loudness
19. Asphalt Ballet
20. Kingdom Come
21. Bonham
22. Shotgun Messiah
23. Hardline
Some good bands on there.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Any knowledge of Saxon, from the 80s?
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:17 pm Any knowledge of Saxon, from the 80s?
I've heard of them. Not sure if I've ever heard anything by them, though.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Deathproof wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:31 pm
hawkfan8812 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:17 pm Any knowledge of Saxon, from the 80s?
I've heard of them. Not sure if I've ever heard anything by them, though.
They were at best a 2 of 5, but I did see them open for Cheap Trick in the 80s, we had talked about it in the past. I remember them having a cool concert tee shirt I was so proud of.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

porky wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:46 pm
B-Tender wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:50 pm
peterosehaircut wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:46 pm I'd like to see some naked pictures of Pink.
i thought i posted about this but i guess it didnt post. i met her at an equestrian thing in Santa Barbara for a charity. a friend of mine owns the ranch next too hers. she was pleasant to talk too. i didnt know who she was at first. she was just some short butchy chick in a sun dress. then i had the oh fuck moment that's pink. shes alright. you woulndt go out of your way to try and fuck her.
My friend, you are giving me way too much credit.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

when i said "you" it was a general term. didn't mean you specifically. she has an odd sex appeal. id probably still pound it but if it took too much work id walk away
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

one of my fav bands:

one less reason

Sandflea720
Forum Regular

Post by Sandflea720 »

Lucero

Tucker Beathard

Cody Jinks
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

pork wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:10 pm when i said "you" it was a general term. didn't mean you specifically. she has an odd sex appeal. id probably still pound it but if it took too much work id walk away
I knew what you meant. I was just fucking with you/quoting Letterkenny.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Korn

Body Count (I did a search, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was covered)
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Sandflea720 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:41 am Lucero

Tucker Beathard

Cody Jinks
I dont know who any of those are! Sorry.

"Cody Jinks" is a cool fucking name, though.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:09 pm Korn

Already did Koяn.

Body Count is fucking great. I've been a fan for many years. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of their message, like "Cop Killer", for instance; the song sounds great musically, but the lyrics push the ridiculous false narrative that cops are somehow "victimized black people", etc. But whatever, it sounds awesome. That whole first album was great. The next album, Born Dead, had a really good title track and a monster Jimi Hendrix cover.
I cant really comment on the musicianship of any individual members, because it's new players on every album. ICE-T keeps hiring gang members and shit, and they keep getting gunned down. One or two died of more natural causes, but even they only lasted one album.
ICE-T obviously is not a good singer, but we knew that going in. He yells instead of singing, but it works in the context. It's heavy, angry, speedy thrash metal, though admittedly a bit gimmicky, but it sounds great. 4.75 out of 5.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Deathproof wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:08 pm

Already did Koяn.

Body Count is fucking great. I've been a fan for many years. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of their message, like "Cop Killer", for instance; the song sounds great musically, but the lyrics push the ridiculous false narrative that cops are somehow "victimized black people", etc. But whatever, it sounds awesome. That whole first album was great. The next album, Born Dead, had a really good title track and a monster Jimi Hendrix cover.
I cant really comment on the musicianship of any individual members, because it's new players on every album. ICE-T keeps hiring gang members and shit, and they keep getting gunned down. One or two died of more natural causes, but even they only lasted one album.
ICE-T obviously is not a good singer, but we knew that going in. He yells instead of singing, but it works in the context. It's heavy, angry, speedy thrash metal, though admittedly a bit gimmicky, but it sounds great. 4.75 out of 5.
Like a lot of rap/hip hop, you have to take into account their perspective. You might disagree with it, but you can feel the passion.

Ernie C is the only other permanent member, and any guitar leads and a lot of the music are his.

P.S. Most of the original members were schoolmates of Ice-T, and of that group only one got shot. The others that died had cancer, apparently.
Last edited by FSchmertz on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:50 pm

Already did Koяn.

Like a lot of rap/hip hop, you have to take into account their perspective. You might disagree with it, but you can feel the passion.

Ernie C is the only other permanent member, and any guitar leads and a lot of the music are his.
Well fuck, you know more about the personnel than I do. I thought he died after the first album.
Wasn't Rocky George from Suicidal Tendencies in Body Count briefly as well?
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Deathproof wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:52 pm

Already did Koяn.

Well fuck, you know more about the personnel than I do. I thought he died after the first album.
Not on the list in wiki, so I don't know.

After somehow missing Korn in a search, and seeing your Creed opinion just before I'm kind of reluctant to ask what you think of Myles Kennedy, who's been in many bands (seems to be the designated vocalist, along with Corey Taylor), but one of them is Alter Bridge. And that's really Creed without Stapp. ;)
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Heres another you probably never heard of, but are very talented twin sisters. Excellent song writing, and very talented musicians. They named the band after their grandfather who was a descendant of Edgar Allen Poe.

Just unapologetic, filthy, dirty guitar power chords with minimal drums in the beginning.

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:09 pm
Deathproof wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:52 pm

Already did Koяn.

Not on the list in wiki, so I don't know.

After somehow missing Korn in a search, and seeing your Creed opinion just before I'm kind of reluctant to ask what you think of Myles Kennedy, who's been in many bands (seems to be the designated vocalist, along with Corey Taylor), but one of them is Alter Bridge. And that's really Creed without Stapp. ;)
Myles is a strong singer. I'm not a fan of Alter Bridge, they're really generic and boring. But Myles is talented and a hell of a nice guy. Yes, we've met.

Corey Taylor frustrates me, because he can sing well but usually opts not to. I've said before that Slipknot is fucking terrible, and his "singing" is a huge factor in that. But in Stone Sour, he's better.
Also, he's a pretentious dork. Talk about a guy who takes himself way too seriously.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

DandyDon wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:57 am Heres another you probably never heard of, but are very talented twin sisters. Excellent song writing, and very talented musicians. They named the band after their grandfather who was a descendant of Edgar Allen Poe.

Just unapologetic, filthy, dirty guitar power chords with minimal drums in the beginning.

Either you underestimate me, or I'm just all over the board. Either way, yes, I'm very familiar with Larkin Poe. In fact, I was a fan even back when there were three of them and they were called The Lovell Sisters. I have both of the Lovell Sisters albums.
I have nothing but good things to say about LP. They have really sweet voices, good southern harmonies, and the steel guitar sounds great. They're like a female version of the Allman Brothers. They're that good. 4.75 out of 5.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

pork wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:11 pm one of my fav bands:

one less reason

yes ?
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

pork wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:20 pm

one less reason

yes ?
Shit, sorry. I missed it the first time. I actually do not know of this band. The name sounds vaguely familiar, but I might be thinking of a song by that name rather than the band. I checked out the video and I can confidently say I have never heard it before.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Deathproof wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:25 pm
pork wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:20 pm

one less reason

yes ?
Shit, sorry. I missed it the first time. I actually do not know of this band. The name sounds vaguely familiar, but I might be thinking of a song by that name rather than the band. I checked out the video and I can confidently say I have never heard it before.
they are have a lot of pretty good stuff.