most expensive phone call ever

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

most expensive phone call ever

Post by jsdspif »

the picture of the hotel "stationary" in that weightlifting thread reminded me...
I was planting a tree and I needed more dirt so off to the store I went. I thought "I guess I'll drive my truck" (supercharged pro-street 1965 El Camino) so get on the freeway and liquid starts spraying all over my windshield and all over the engine and running onto the exhaust headers. I then realize it's gasoline and see it's spraying out the fuel line. The fuel line is braided stainless with the aluminum (ar fittings) fittings,so it's not just a "cut the rubber fuel line and re-attach" scenario. I was right near an exit with a hotel so I got off there and parked at the hotel. The drive back home was about 9 miles and I didn't like driving it like that and I figured i'd run out of gas anyway. So i go in the hotel because I didn't bring my cellphone with me. That's always in my everyday driver and I didn't even think about it. My truck is pretty dependable. So front desk clerk wouldn't let me use the phone. I begged and begged finally she let me use it and my call to my friend went to voicemail,so I went to call another friend and desk clerk thru a fit and snatched the phone from me and read me the riot act. So I go next door to the party store and "habib" wouldn't let me use his phone,he needs it for transactions,even though that store is pretty "dead" . I walked out and some ladies were walking in and I asked if I could use their cell or if they would make a call for me and they just kept walking. By now I'm fuming pissed off. So I go back over to the hotel and rent a room. $137.50 so I can use the phone. Oh I forgot I figured I could get a ride with the tow truck but I couldn't ,only the vehicle ,that was the first call and that started the aggravation. I ended up getting $75 back on the room, i had to make some calls to figure out who to call to tell my story to and left them a voicemail. A couple days later I got the message back and he said if you're in the room 5 minutes or all night, the housekeeping people go through the same cleaning process. Moral of the story,remember to take your cell phone,public phones are really a thing of the past.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: most expensive phone call ever

Post by Wut »

Once you’re in a room they can’t just rent it to someone else later. They could have been more generous with the phone.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Years and years ago I was with a few guys headed to a rodeo. We were way out in the country and driving from one small town to the next. We come upon a gas station and one guy says "pull in, I need to piss". So we go inside. There's an old woman running the cash register and no one in the place. I go to get some beer and I hear my friend asking about the bathroom. She tells him there ain't one. He says, "So where do you piss?" :lol:
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

He NEVER pointed out the punchline. I think he just liked how he looked or something. He did say "HE HATES ZE MONDAYS!" sometimes too, but mostly he'd just roar out GARFIELD CAT!! and lose his mind, choking on his sandwich sometimes. Anyway, this time I had JUST gotten in from like, six hours of grueling ice-cream-truck-freezer-dufflebag-HELL, and as soon as I walked through the door he GRABBED my shirt and pulled me down, laughing, splattering mustard in my face, laughing about garfield. Now, at this point, I was just about fucking done. His breath stank, I was sweating and shivering, not to mention this was all for minimum wage. I had done the garfield bit twice before, but not so die-hard; I'd fuck with them for a minute or two then burst out laughing. This time, it was WAR. I burst out laughing too, instantly winning me an oscar, and returned volley;

"AHAHAA, the SPAGHETTI CAT!!"
He stopped in PLACE. No more laughing, no more mustard. He turned to me, genuinely shocked at my misunderstanding."You not mean the Lasagna?" he asked. I shook my head, looking at him quizzically (instantly snagging my second oscar); "No no, Garfield's favorite food is definitely spaghetti." He grumbled about it, searched the paper, but that strip didn't mention it. The next day I came into work though... he was VERY quick to grab me again, pretty much YANK me over to the desk and point out that TODAY'S paper had a picture of the lasagna that Garfield was eating; unfortunately for him, it did not have the word lasagna written. I claimed it was spaghetti, he was very visibly frustrated, but then we had a rush and he let me go. The next day, same deal, but this time it had it written; I had the balls to just laugh and say "Wow, this is a really elaborate joke you're pulling on me!" and he went BALLISTIC. *"NO, the PAPER SAYS LAH-ZAGG-NAH! NOT SPAH-GET-EE!"*He was very adamant about it for the rest of the shift, not even caring that customers were there, but I acted TOTALLY unfazed by it; I'd scoop their cones and checkout all while he trailed me like 'HOW CAN YOU THINK THE GARFIELD CAT EAT SPAGHETTI!! THERE IS NO NOODLE!!' and I'd reply with some total BS and confuse/frustrate him even more.I finally broke near the end of the day (HE STAYED LONGER TO TALK ABOUT THIS WITH ME) when he whispered to himself *"Does poor girl not know difference? Her mother..."*I just couldn't take it. I laughed for like, two seconds, but he caught on; I think his phrasing was "YOU! YOU HAVE BEEN A TRICKING ME!" and he started bellowing about it again. We both fuckin cried about that for maybe an hour, and we closed early. Before I left, he said I was "Very funny girl" but I was lucky he found out it was a joke, because he was losing sleep over it, and he couldn't handle working with me. I laughed again and we said goodbye; I got a new job a few months later with much better pay and less manual labor, and he bought me some spaghetti from the pizzeria across the street as a parting gift on my last shift labeled 'lasagna.'
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

jsdspif wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:24 pm My truck is pretty dependable.
Obviously.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

I took it to Indy once (about 4 hour drive) but when I got down there the adjustment bolt on one of the ladder bars stripped out. I've taken it to Detroit a few times (about 3 hour drive). That was before I had a supercharger. I wouldn't have a problem driving it locally all the time and I wouldn't worry about having trouble but I hate putting gas in it at every gas station I pass and I don't like to give "interviews" answering all sorts of questions about it so I don't drive it much.