HG Well's "War of the Worlds"

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: HG Well's "War of the Worlds"

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:31 pm Plot wise, I guess what I'm saying about Spielberg's WOTW version is the Martians planted those machines underground hundreds of years ago waiting to be manned for the attack. So, why the wait? Could have attacked in the early 1800's when all we had were muskets and cannons. Why wait until we had supersonic bombers and fighters and Nukes? This is never explained.
They were on hold with Comcast customer service.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:31 pm Plot wise, I guess what I'm saying about Spielberg's WOTW version is the Martians planted those machines underground hundreds of years ago waiting to be manned for the attack. So, why the wait? Could have attacked in the early 1800's when all we had were muskets and cannons. Why wait until we had supersonic bombers and fighters and Nukes? This is never explained.
Because it is a work of fiction, you fucking imbecile! It's not fucking real! It is not an accurate representation of historical events!
Goddamn, how fucking stupid are you?
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:08 pm
Because it is a work of fiction, you fucking imbecile! It's not fucking real! It is not an accurate representation of historical events!
You mean a movie based on a work of Fiction is "fictitious". Mind blown. Tell me you can't be this stupid to think I don't know that. Lurk more- post less. You make less sense by the day plus you've seemed to have lost your sense of humor somewhere along the way- hope you get it back. Right now you are boring as fuck.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:43 pm
They were on hold with Comcast customer service.
Response from Comcast would probably be faster by pony express is what I've heard.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:18 pm
You mean a movie based on a work of Fiction is "fictitious". Mind blown. Tell me you can't be this stupid to think I don't know that. Lurk more- post less. You make less sense by the day plus you've seemed to have lost your sense of humor somewhere along the way- hope you get it back. Right now you are boring as fuck.
It's not that I'm so stupid as to believe you don't know it's fictional. It's that you're so soft in the head, so brazenly slow-witted and vacuous that it's well within the realms of credibility to believe tou think it was a historical narrative. In other words, you are a goddamned moron. You are the reason bottles of household chemicals have warnings on the label not to drink them; otherwise you'd probably slam bottles of laundry detergent because the bright colors look like candy.
Let me help you out: no matter how strong is your urge to get naked and run around the s̶t̶r̶e̶e̶t̶s̶ street of your shitty little Texas hamlet, DO NOT drink windex. "Prevents streaking" doesn't mean what you think it means.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Deathproof wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:40 pm
It's not that I'm so stupid as to believe you don't know it's fictional. It's that you're so soft in the head, so brazenly slow-witted and vacuous that it's well within the realms of credibility to believe tou think it was a historical narrative. In other words, you are a goddamned moron. You are the reason bottles of household chemicals have warnings on the label not to drink them; otherwise you'd probably slam bottles of laundry detergent because the bright colors look like candy.
Let me help you out: no matter how strong is your urge to get naked and run around the s̶t̶r̶e̶e̶t̶s̶ street of your shitty little Texas hamlet, DO NOT drink windex. "Prevents streaking" doesn't mean what you think it means.
streets was a nice touch.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:44 pm
i could have had fun with him 20 years ago.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I'm not the one stating twice now "historical narrative" or "historical events", like WOTW's is based on either, ya dumb fuck. Each time you post you show more ignorance than before, if that's possible. And that's beside the fact you get more boring than the day before. Stick with what you know (which doesn't seem much and less each post) and keep profiling bands and posting GF's photos (which I approve). Anything beyond that and you are way, way over your head intellectually and otherwise. If you hadn't noticed lately, I avoid your threads like the plague so I don't die of boredom. I would expect the same consideration from you on my threads. Thanks. I wouldn't want to bore you to death with all this "historical" stuff on film. What a Dumbass.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

:lol: Guess the idiot didn't get the memo I now live in a town of 24,000. Lots of streets here. I swear. :lol:
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

WOTW on EPIX is pretty damn good too.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

DandyDon wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:01 am WOTW on EPIX is pretty damn good too.
Knowing the original novel was published in 1897, I've always wondered how many times it's been put on the screen or TV over the last 120 years. Silent movies, foreign films, etc. And even throwing this novel out, HG Wells published The Time Machine, The Invisible Man, The Island of Dr Moreau among others. Can you imagine him as a major screenwriter in early Hollywood?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:20 pm How would we go about nuking another planet? :?
:scratchheadyellow:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:26 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:20 pm How would we go about nuking another planet? :?
:scratchheadyellow:
That's what I'm saying. Since they planted the "machines" hundreds of years ago, why not attacked us in the early 1800's when we had flintlocks. Throw out the whole Earth microbe thing. Now they attack us when we have 50,000 nukes with matching ICBM's that can be converted to interstellar attack mode. I'm thinking that Martian High Command is in bad need of a shakeup top to bottom. (DP thinks this is all real and "historic").
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

So, if the original novel from 1897 had the machines on "legged" tripods, Just like the 2005 Spielberg version. Where did the 50's version with them floating on some kind of "magnetic field" come from? A lot of artistic licensing going on there.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:01 am
:lol: Guess the idiot didn't get the memo I now live in a town of 24,000. Lots of streets here. I swear. :lol:
24,000? Holy fuck, dude. A metropolis if there ever was one. Are they gonna have running water and indoor plumbing soon? Do they take turns being mayor, and if so, when is your turn? Lots of streets, huh? How many are paved? Ballpark 2 or 3?
I just looked for some information about the bustling capitol of industry that is Kerrville, Texas. A town whose main attraction is apparently it's abundance of RV parks. There's a Presbyterian church at 800 Jefferson Street that is smaller than my fucking garage. That's not an exaggeration. But hang on, in Kerrville's defense, they go all-out for holidays. Here's a picture of downtown Kerrville at Christmas time, 2016l
Motherfucker, the opulence. The sheer fucking spectacle of it all. it's breathtaking in both scope and execution. Sweet fucking crap, fucking end it.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Smok44 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:21 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:01 am

You could move to the biggest city in the world, it still wouldn't change the fact that your the dumbest sidewalk licking human walking the earth. You continue to prove it here every day
I hope he's not licking the sidewalks in busy downtown Kerrville, the City That N̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ Constantly Sleeps. You just know those Pony Express guys aren't cleaning up after their horses.