Have You Been Pwned?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Have You Been Pwned?

Post by QillerDaemon »

In light of the recent Facebook data breach, you might want to check to see if your email or phone is among that data.

Use this site to check -> https://haveibeenpwned.com
By now, you have probably heard of the huge Facebook data breach, in which upwards of 533 million Facebook users from 106 countries had personal data leaked online, including phone numbers, Facebook IDs, birthdates — you name it.

Your first question will be, of course, how to check whether you are part of that breach. There are a couple of places out there where you can find out whether your data has been compromised.

One well-known site that tracks data breaches is Have I Been Pwned. Just follow the link to the site and put in your email address or phone number. You will find out not only if you’ve been part of the Facebook breach, but also any other breaches in which your data may have been compromised.
Turns out my corporate email address is a part of dozens of breached lists, as well as my corporate desk phone number... :x
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: Have You Been Pwned?

Post by FSchmertz »

Nobody but family and a few trusted friends knows my main email address.

The one I use here is one of my burners, where the scum can send all their spam and infectious shit.

P.S. I thought about it. I probably have about 10 email addresses (or more). One of the tricks I learned is to set up a separate email address if I have any question about the honesty of something/someone I'm dealing with. If that email starts getting spam, then I have no questions about them. :)

P.P.S. Same deal with my personal phone. And if I don't know the number of someone who's calling my business phone (which is clearly identified as such-I can't understand people that don't), they can leave a message and I'll call back. Scum rarely leave one.
Last edited by FSchmertz on Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i'm almost certain that i am going to type my valid email address into a hacker site that says it will tell me if its been shared by hackers. :lol:
JackCoughsALot
the "edgy" one

Post by JackCoughsALot »

i never give my number for confirmation or security or whatever reason they want it. i only use throw away email addresses. pretty sure i'm safe.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

send me your email address ill tell you if its on the list
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

disco.moon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:23 pm I've had the same email account since 2003 :| I do have a burner one or two, but as much as I order things and get freaking coupon codes and shit, I'm sure the Nigerians have all my information.
Did the Nigerian Prince at least send you a thank you email?
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

pork wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:18 pm send me your email address ill tell you if its on the list
Dixie_Normus@hotmail.com
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

peterosehaircut wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:33 pm
pork wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:18 pm send me your email address ill tell you if its on the list
Dixie_Normus@hotmail.com
if you get an email from dang li-wang@yahoo.com you'll know who it was from.