Ok I had to ask since nobody else will

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Re: Ok I had to ask since nobody else will

Post by Charliesheen »

I will do that next time.

My buddy said the same thing about not adding water. Hard to believe the post would stay plumb.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

jsdspif wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:46 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:42 am For those of you with no life, fired up my AC for the 1st time. Supposed to be near record +90's tomorrow. The plants are no longer confused. I love this time of year.
Yeah I turned my ac on yesterday and the day before. Southern Michigan normal temp I think they said 52, yesterday and the day before it was 81 or something. This morning (Friday) I'm going to my sisters about 40 minutes away to replace a split rail fence post. For some reason the people that installed them filled the hole with concrete. I also have 2 bags of softener salt for her. And then load her 100 empties in my van . She doesn't like returning bottles. No,not beer,diet pepsi. Out of my parent's 4 children I'm the only alcoholic druggy in the family, That might account for why I have no money.
I have a 1965 elcamino I need to get the fenders off and where there is supposed to be 2 bolts there doesn't appear to be any but at this point that is the only area where the fender is still attached. It's hard to work on because I'd like to get it up in the air where I could get under it but it has very little ground clearance at that area. I may have it taken to my friends place with a lift but I'm too cheap to spend $200 for the flat bed to take it there and back. It's not driveable now.
That is weird for your area. Some areas around here are under fire watches which is nothing new for this time of year- happens almost every year. Just curious what's happening up North. Heard about fires in the Dakotas, Wisconsin, CQ was mentioning to dm last night on her fire photos about being under a Fire Watch. I'm not familiar with the weather patterns up there, but doesn't the accumulated snow pack over the Winter usually prevent that during the early Spring? Was the Snow amount low this year?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:00 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:42 am For those of you with no life, fired up my AC for the 1st time. Supposed to be near record +90's tomorrow. The plants are no longer confused. I love this time of year.
Yeah I turned my ac on yesterday and the day before. Southern Michigan normal temp I think they said 52, yesterday and the day before it was 81 or something. This morning (Friday) I'm going to my sisters about 40 minutes away to replace a split rail fence post. For some reason the people that installed them filled the hole with concrete. I also have 2 bags of softener salt for her. And then load her 100 empties in my van . She doesn't like returning bottles. No,not beer,diet pepsi. Out of my parent's 4 children I'm the only alcoholic druggy in the family, That might account for why I have no money.
I have a 1965 elcamino I need to get the fenders off and where there is supposed to be 2 bolts there doesn't appear to be any but at this point that is the only area where the fender is still attached. It's hard to work on because I'd like to get it up in the air where I could get under it but it has very little ground clearance at that area. I may have it taken to my friends place with a lift but I'm too cheap to spend $200 for the flat bed to take it there and back. It's not driveable now.
That is weird for your area. Some areas around here are under fire watches which is nothing new for this time of year- happens almost every year. Just curious what's happening up North. Heard about fires in the Dakotas, Wisconsin, CQ was mentioning to dm last night on her fire photos about being under a Fire Watch. I'm not familiar with the weather patterns up there, but doesn't the accumulated snow pack over the Winter usually prevent that during the early Spring? Was the Snow amount low this year?
Snow amount was high. When it warms up the snowpack melts and mostly runs off into creeks and rivers leaving the ground dry and ready to burn with plenty of dead wood and leaves for fuel. We just had someone burning cardboard in their firepit start a brushfire that led to two structures burning down.

This is what the area looked like last year

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:38 pm I will do that next time.

My buddy said the same thing about not adding water. Hard to believe the post would stay plumb.
If you use concrete around the posts you need to mound the concrete up to the post so water has no place to pool. then you won't get earlier rot.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

disco.moon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:34 pm
What's this have to do with you turning on your AC,?
I'd be more interested to know if yours didn't work and you had to lose clothing to stay comfortable
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:03 pm
Snow amount was high. When it warms up the snowpack melts and mostly runs off into creeks and rivers leaving the ground dry and ready to burn with plenty of dead wood and leaves for fuel. We just had someone burning cardboard in their firepit start a brushfire that led to two structures burning down.

OK, thanks. Now that I think about it, maybe there is one difference that I'm not considering. Winter around here is our Dry season. But since we are almost always above freezing, anything we get soaks in (no evaporation) and really helps into the Spring. There, solid frozen ground with no saturation so when it starts to melt, most of it runs into streams and rivers. Would that be an accurate guess?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:35 pm

OK, thanks. Now that I think about it, maybe there is one difference that I'm not considering. Winter around here is our Dry season. But since we are almost always above freezing, anything we get soaks in (no evaporation) and really helps into the Spring. There, solid frozen ground with no saturation so when it starts to melt, most of it runs into streams and rivers. Would that be an accurate guess?
Yup, the top three feet of soil turns solid
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

disco.moon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:23 pm I'm on day three in Bushkill. Yesterday I want driving and hung out under a bridge. I'm completely, utterly hungover now. I feel like SpongeBob when he gets all dry and crusty.
I like your comparisons to cartoons.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Cartoons are funny
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

What, the plants?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:37 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:35 pm

Yup, the top three feet of soil turns solid
Well, that makes sense. I was trying to figure out why you were under Fire dangers when you had 2 feet of snow several weeks ago.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

disco.moon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:00 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:38 pm
What, the plants?
Nevermind.
:lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

What, the plants?
Nevermind.
:lol: I have a phobia about leaving unanswered questions to me. Forgive me my "attention span" lasting more than 4 hours.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:12 pm
What, the plants?
Nevermind.
:lol: I have a phobia about leaving unanswered questions to me. Forgive me my "attention span" lasting more than 4 hours.
Damn, Bubba... you is dumb! :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I see RD's poking around again. Dude- there are no math diplomas lying around here
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:32 am I see RD's poking around again. Dude- there are no math diplomas lying around here
What's wrong? Couldn't think of a snow joke?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Just beautiful today. Live near the top of the highest hill around (say 800 feet) with an awesome view of the city valley. It's been pretty gloomy since I moved here early Winter. Now it's a sea of 10 shades of green everywhere with trees blooming at different speeds. Love it.
Gunzen
Still working on that career as a Famous Author!

Post by Gunzen »

I drove from California to Idaho teach my brother in law how to fish (he just bought a new boat) and he caught his first trout.

Worth every mile I drove.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y7kYenUj318MGwa47
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I just looked up the tracking info on my new propane firepit. It shipped from City of industry, CA to Navajo Nation, AZ to somewhere called Groom, Texas. Looks right up WTC's alley.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Gunzen wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:19 am I drove from California to Idaho teach my brother in law how to fish (he just bought a new boat) and he caught his first trout.

Worth every mile I drove.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Y7kYenUj318MGwa47
Goddamn I’ll bet that was a real good time.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.