Cold Cases

The forum for all things Kerrville TX. Also for New Jersey. And boobs!
disco.moon
Bearer of the UJR boobs!

Cold Cases

Post by disco.moon » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:10 pm

Like many people, I'm a big true crime buff. I came across this interesting page about the most "famous" cold cases in America. The Delphi murders is the case that always stays with me, I wish they could catch a break in that case.

Brief write up about the Delphi murders

At 1:35 p.m. on Monday, February 13, 2017, 13-year-old Abigail J. "Abby" Williams and 14-year-old Liberty Rose Lynn "Libby" German were dropped off by German's older sister, Kelsi German, on County Road 300 North, west of the Hoosier Heartland Highway. The girls were hiking on the Monon High Bridge over Deer Creek, among woodland in remote Deer Creek Township. At 2:07 p.m., Libby posted a photo of Abby walking the bridge; after this they weren’t heard from again.[4] They were reported missing at 5:30 p.m. after they failed to meet Liberty’s father at 3:15 p.m. The families initially searched for the girls themselves before calling the police. Authorities who quickly searched the area did not initially suspect foul play in the disappearance. However, this changed when the bodies of the girls were found around noon the next day, about 0.5 miles (0.80 km) east of the abandoned Monon High Bridge.[5] The bodies were found on the north bank of Deer Creek.

Cold Case Page
https://www.truepeoplesearch.com/insigh ... ted-states

Vanderglide
Forum Regular

Re: Cold Cases

Post by Vanderglide » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:47 am

I listened to the “down the hill” podcast. it was really interesting, but I wish there was more...It’s hard to believe they haven’t caught Him yet, such a small community and he seems like he was very familiar with the area.

CentralTexasCrude
Wants a mod to change his custom title to something else.

Post by CentralTexasCrude » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:07 am

I find you can't lose If you stick with basics. Either lead pipe or candlestick in the Billiard Room.

CaptQuint
UJR Shake n Bake Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:11 am

Animal wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:12 am
I'm really gay and want to bang DT.

disco.moon
Bearer of the UJR boobs!

Post by disco.moon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:19 am

That is a great podcast! Thoughts on the JonBenet case? I've always leaked towards the intruder theory. I recent watched a newer documentary on her case and it shed more light on that theory.

disco.moon
Bearer of the UJR boobs!

Post by disco.moon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:20 am

Vanderglide wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:47 am
I listened to the “down the hill” podcast. it was really interesting, but I wish there was more...It’s hard to believe they haven’t caught Him yet, such a small community and he seems like he was very familiar with the area.
I believe that man lives in the community. Just like the BTK killer, he was like a scout leader wasn't he?

megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:28 am

Jimmy Hoffa
Animal wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:08 am

I'm all hat and no cattle

Vanderglide
Forum Regular

Post by Vanderglide » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:34 am

disco.moon wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:19 am
That is a great podcast! Thoughts on the JonBenet case? I've always leaked towards the intruder theory. I recent watched a newer documentary on her case and it shed more light on that theory.

I live in the Denver area, so it was pretty local for me. I just feel like the Boulder PD bumbled their way through that case, and basically fucked it up during the critical first few days. I went through a time where I thought the parents had something to do with it, but I don’t really feel that way anymore, and I’m not even really sure why...another one that blows me away that it wasn’t solved.

disco.moon
Bearer of the UJR boobs!

Post by disco.moon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:18 am

Vanderglide wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:34 am
disco.moon wrote:

I live in the Denver area, so it was pretty local for me. I just feel like the Boulder PD bumbled their way through that case, and basically fucked it up during the critical first few days. I went through a time where I thought the parents had something to do with it, but I don’t really feel that way anymore, and I’m not even really sure why...another one that blows me away that it wasn’t solved.
The whole scene was fucked from the beginning. They had neighbors and friends in there and at one point one of the friends cleaned up the kitchen a little.

disco.moon
Bearer of the UJR boobs!

Post by disco.moon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:18 am

megman wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:28 am
Jimmy Hoffa
Mob shit is a whole other level.
Last edited by disco.moon on Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:08 am

disco.moon wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:18 am
Vanderglide wrote:
disco.moon wrote:

The whole scene was fucked from the beginning. They had neighbors and friends in there and at one point one of the friends cleaned up the kitchen a little.
Joseph Patrick Kenda is a retired Colorado Springs Police Department detective lieutenant who was involved in 387 homicide cases over a 23-year career, solving 356, a closure rate of 92%. The attorney general asked that guy to look into the Ramsey case at the time he said 'no' Boulder PD fucked the crime scene up too much.Like missing the body on their 1st search.

nerd_alert
Forum God

Post by nerd_alert » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:47 am

disco.moon wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:10 pm
Like many people, I'm a big true crime buff. I came across this interesting page about the most "famous" cold cases in America. The Delphi murders is the case that always stays with me, I wish they could catch a break in that case.
My cousin's son was sexually assaulted & murdered when I was in college. 30 years later they caught the guy through DNA. That's my cold case story.

Obviously, I'm leaving a lot of details out.

disco.moon
Bearer of the UJR boobs!

Post by disco.moon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:54 pm

fouts wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:08 am
disco.moon wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:18 am
Vanderglide wrote:
disco.moon wrote:

Joseph Patrick Kenda is a retired Colorado Springs Police Department detective lieutenant who was involved in 387 homicide cases over a 23-year career, solving 356, a closure rate of 92%. The attorney general asked that guy to look into the Ramsey case at the time he said 'no' Boulder PD fucked the crime scene up too much.Like missing the body on their 1st search.
Oh I'm very familiar with Det Kenda. He's so incredibly smart. The fact that there were so many people in that house and they didn't see her body in the basement?! The whole thing is really fucked up.

CaptQuint
UJR Shake n Bake Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:58 pm

The police are holding back too much information on The Delphi Murders. If more was known I think the case could be solved.
Animal wrote:

disco.moon
Bearer of the UJR boobs!

Post by disco.moon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:02 pm

The Springfield Three is one another case that stands out to me. Just vanished.

"On June 6, 1992, Suzie Streeter and Stacy McCall graduated from Kickapoo High School in Springfield, Missouri. They went out for a night of celebrations.

The plan was to stop by several house-parties and spend the night at their friend Janelle Kirby’s home. But when they finally arrived at Janelle’s at around 2:00 AM, the house was too overcrowded.

And then, without knowing, they altered their fates irrevocably. They decided to go back to Suzie’s house and sleep there.

Nobody saw them ever again.

On the following morning, June 7, Janelle Kirby and her boyfriend waited for Suzie and Stacy. They had all planned to go together to a water park.

When the girls didn’t show up at Janelle’s house, she and her boyfriend went to pick them up.

They arrived at Suzie’s house at around 8:00 AM. Three vehicles were parked outside: belonging to Suzie, Stacy, and Suzie’s mother, Sherrill. The glass lamp on the porch was broken and the door was unlocked.

Janelle and her boyfriend went inside. The purses of all three women were lined up on the living room floor, at the foot of the steps leading into Suzie’s bedroom. The dog, a Yorkshire terrier called Cinnamon, was locked in the bathroom. But Sherrill, Suzie, and Stacy were nowhere to be seen.

While they were in the house, the phone rang. Janelle answered. A strange male voice on the other end started making sexual innuendos. She hung up. Soon, the phone rang again. The same voice. Janelle hung up again. Her boyfriend, meanwhile, innocently cleaned up the broken glass on the porch."

The rest of the story is in the link. It's always incredible to me that people can literally vanish.
Last edited by disco.moon on Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

disco.moon
Bearer of the UJR boobs!

Post by disco.moon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:04 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:58 pm
The police are holding back too much information on The Delphi Murders. If more was known I think the case could be solved.
I agree 100% about the police holding info. Do you know if any private investigators have done anything? It seems as if there's not many doc's or investigative shows on the case even. (Other than the podcast).

CaptQuint
UJR Shake n Bake Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:07 pm

disco.moon wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:04 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:58 pm
I agree 100% about the police holding info. Do you know if any private investigators have done anything? It seems as if there's not many doc's or investigative shows on the case even. (Other than the podcast).
Most of the youtube true crime shows have at least covered the case. But the cops have not released anything more to report on. Amazing that not much of anything has leaked by now. Whatever "signature" was left by the killer (or killers) in my opinion might break the case.
Animal wrote:

CaptQuint
UJR Shake n Bake Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:14 pm

Animal wrote:

Biker
UJR's Most Senior Democrat!

Post by Biker » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:19 pm

disco.moon wrote:
Have you listened to Payne Lindsay’s Up and Vanished podcast?
**Posts from Biker's feed do not necessarily reflect his personal views

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:30 pm

Vanderglide wrote:
disco.moon wrote:

The ransom note tells me the family was involved, the note demanded the same amount of money the father got as a bonus that year, too coincidental for me.
wut?

CaptQuint
UJR Shake n Bake Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:43 pm

One theory is the dad was molesting Jonbenet and she was gonna talk so both parents decided to wack her than upset their wonderful life in Boulder.
Animal wrote:

QillerDaemon
Nobody, really.
Interests: Picking my nose and playing Skyrim

Post by QillerDaemon » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:54 pm

"The Murder of the Walker Family" in Osprey FL in 1959"

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/ ... ly-florida

Possible tie-in between the two murderers of the Clutter family in Kansas made famous by the Truman Capote book "In Cold Blood". They were known to have driven down from Kansas to Florida, going thru Tallahassee south past Sarasota and Fort Myers then over to Miami. Then they somehow mysteriously drove from Miami to Las Vegas where they were caught. "Mysteriously" as there are no witnesses for that leg of their trip.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.

disco.moon
Bearer of the UJR boobs!

Post by disco.moon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:42 pm

nerd_alert wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:47 am
disco.moon wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:10 pm
My cousin's son was sexually assaulted & murdered when I was in college. 30 years later they caught the guy through DNA. That's my cold case story.

Obviously, I'm leaving a lot of details out.
Wow! I can't imagine how tragic that was for your family :( as a parent, I don't know how I'd be able to let that anger go.

disco.moon
Bearer of the UJR boobs!

Post by disco.moon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:43 pm

Biker wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:19 pm
disco.moon wrote:
Have you listened to Payne Lindsay’s Up and Vanished podcast?
No, but I will now!

disco.moon
Bearer of the UJR boobs!

Post by disco.moon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:49 pm

QillerDaemon wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:54 pm
"The Murder of the Walker Family" in Osprey FL in 1959"

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/ ... ly-florida

Possible tie-in between the two murderers of the Clutter family in Kansas made famous by the Truman Capote book "In Cold Blood". They were known to have driven down from Kansas to Florida, going thru Tallahassee south past Sarasota and Fort Myers then over to Miami. Then they somehow mysteriously drove from Miami to Las Vegas where they were caught. "Mysteriously" as there are no witnesses for that leg of their trip.
Should polygraphs even be a thing anymore? I never like it when a suspect is like "sure, I've got nothing to hide" and then they get scrutinized even more because of blood pressure or heart rate showed them to be "deceptive". And people who falsely admit to murders just to fuck with police, what douchebags. Considering the circumstances with the Osprey family, I wonder if police and family at this point would just conclude that Hickok and Smith did it.