Canadian health care

The forum for all things Kerrville TX. Also for New Jersey. And boobs!
User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 4960
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Halfway between the Equator and the North Pole

Canadian health care

#1

Post by megman » Mon May 03, 2021 2:31 am

People make fun of it but it's not all true.

April 23 I had a appt made for an X-ray on Apr 26. I also had paper work done for an MRI.

Monday I had a call for my MRI for Sat May 1. I had my X-ray done and saw my doc that afternoon.

MRI's usually take months. This was less than a week. I'm not sure if its a good or bad thing but the tech said normally the results are sent in aboot 5 days but my doc would have mine much sooner.

I know my sciatic is really messed up but things are not looking good.
Animal wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:08 am


I'm all hat and no cattle


User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed him back in HS
Posts: 7414
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Canadian health care

#2

Post by Reservoir Dog » Mon May 03, 2021 2:35 am

Same here. Last month I got an MRI within 5 days.
CentralTexasCrude wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am
You both fucked up. You trusted me.

User avatar
disco.moon
Major Daddy Issues
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#3

Post by disco.moon » Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 am

Fucking Canada.

User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 15390
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#4

Post by Animal » Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 am

two sick Canadians. Yay healthcare!
CaptQuint wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:26 pm
Swallowing cum is honest work

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed him back in HS
Posts: 7414
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Canadian health care

#5

Post by Reservoir Dog » Mon May 03, 2021 2:48 am

Animal wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 am
two sick Canadians. Yay healthcare!
I'm not sick.
CentralTexasCrude wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am
You both fucked up. You trusted me.

User avatar
Stapes
Proud Union Guy. Drives a Nissan
Posts: 10423
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Location: Port St Lucie former Dirty Jerzey

Re: Canadian health care

#6

Post by Stapes » Mon May 03, 2021 5:22 am

Animal wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 am
two sick Canadians. Yay healthcare!
If we left it to republicans we would still be bloodletting with leeches
I blame Biker.

Antknot
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Canadian health care

#7

Post by Antknot » Mon May 03, 2021 7:59 am

Stapes wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:22 am
Animal wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 am
two sick Canadians. Yay healthcare!
If we left it to republicans we would still be bloodletting with leeches
Leaches in modern medicine

https://health.usnews.com/health-care/f ... -back-time

User avatar
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#8

Post by AnalHamster » Mon May 03, 2021 11:17 am

Generally the thing left out when talking about waiting lists is the fact that emergencies go to the front. When I broke my knee I had an MRI and results same day, but then I had to wait 5 for surgery because mine could wait and selfish bastards kept jumping the queue with near fatal crashes and stuff.

So yeah, in summary, sounds like you're fucked.

User avatar
disco.moon
Major Daddy Issues
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#9

Post by disco.moon » Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm

Meanwhile, I can't even get a callback from my PCP and finding a gynecologist is like pulling teeth.

User avatar
Whackov
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 4210
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:35 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#10

Post by Whackov » Mon May 03, 2021 1:23 pm

disco.moon wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm
Meanwhile, I can't even get a callback from my PCP and finding a gynecologist is like pulling teeth.
Did I mention that I dabble in gynecology. :lol:

rule34
Forum God
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:08 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#11

Post by rule34 » Mon May 03, 2021 1:34 pm

disco.moon wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm
Meanwhile, I can't even get a callback from my PCP and finding a gynecologist is like pulling teeth.
Your gynecologist doubles as a dentist?
"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." Mae West

User avatar
QillerDaemon
Nobody, really.
Posts: 2332
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:35 pm
Location: Beautiful downtown OrloVista FL
Interests: Picking my nose and playing Skyrim
Occupation: Router/Switch Jockey.

Re: Canadian health care

#12

Post by QillerDaemon » Mon May 03, 2021 1:38 pm

rule34 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:34 pm
disco.moon wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm
Meanwhile, I can't even get a callback from my PCP and finding a gynecologist is like pulling teeth.
Your gynecologist doubles as a dentist?
"Get it before it grows teeth!" :o
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.

User avatar
disco.moon
Major Daddy Issues
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#13

Post by disco.moon » Mon May 03, 2021 1:58 pm

Whackov wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:23 pm
disco.moon wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm
Meanwhile, I can't even get a callback from my PCP and finding a gynecologist is like pulling teeth.
Did I mention that I dabble in gynecology. :lol:
Let's get QD's gyno table in here and I'll let you give a look.

User avatar
disco.moon
Major Daddy Issues
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#14

Post by disco.moon » Mon May 03, 2021 1:59 pm

rule34 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:34 pm
disco.moon wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm
Meanwhile, I can't even get a callback from my PCP and finding a gynecologist is like pulling teeth.
Your gynecologist doubles as a dentist?
Dammit.

User avatar
HighNDry
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 2213
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 pm
Location: Definitely NOT in Ev's asshole

Re: Canadian health care

#15

Post by HighNDry » Mon May 03, 2021 2:04 pm

rule34 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:34 pm
disco.moon wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm
Meanwhile, I can't even get a callback from my PCP and finding a gynecologist is like pulling teeth.
Your gynecologist doubles as a dentist?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina_dentata
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg

User avatar
disco.moon
Major Daddy Issues
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#16

Post by disco.moon » Mon May 03, 2021 2:39 pm

HighNDry wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:04 pm
rule34 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:34 pm
disco.moon wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:17 pm
Meanwhile, I can't even get a callback from my PCP and finding a gynecologist is like pulling teeth.
Your gynecologist doubles as a dentist?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina_dentata
A bartender was telling me about that movie. Its fucked up. I don't even like thinking about it. :shocked:

User avatar
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind heart
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 pm
Location: Great White North

Re: Canadian health care

#17

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty » Mon May 03, 2021 5:29 pm

I still enjoy that about half of American movie plots are "Gotta do this crime to pay for my Pappys surgery" or some shit like that.

You guys are Neanderthals.

User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 15390
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#18

Post by Animal » Mon May 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:29 pm
I still enjoy that about half of American movie plots are "Gotta do this crime to pay for my Pappys surgery" or some shit like that.

You guys are Neanderthals.
yeah. :lol: And I enjoy the fact that I can't think of a single movie plot that is like that.
CaptQuint wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:26 pm
Swallowing cum is honest work

User avatar
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind heart
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 pm
Location: Great White North

Re: Canadian health care

#19

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty » Mon May 03, 2021 5:38 pm

Animal wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:31 pm
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:29 pm
I still enjoy that about half of American movie plots are "Gotta do this crime to pay for my Pappys surgery" or some shit like that.

You guys are Neanderthals.
yeah. :lol: And I enjoy the fact that I can't think of a single movie plot that is like that.
Dammit. I forgot that Animal was the keeper of all knowledge.
Assault on Wall Street
It tells the story of a security guard who struggles to pay for his wife's medical bills ......
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_on_Wall_Street
John Q
John Quincy Archibald takes a hospital emergency room hostage when his insurance won't cover his son's heart transplant.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251160/
Race Against Time
When a man faces surmounting bills for his dying son's hospital stay, he enters into an agreement to sell his body for organ transplants to pay the bills.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215785/
Thats a quick careless google search. I can on if you need me to.

User avatar
disco.moon
Major Daddy Issues
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#20

Post by disco.moon » Mon May 03, 2021 5:40 pm

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:38 pm
Animal wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:31 pm
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:29 pm
I still enjoy that about half of American movie plots are "Gotta do this crime to pay for my Pappys surgery" or some shit like that.

You guys are Neanderthals.
yeah. :lol: And I enjoy the fact that I can't think of a single movie plot that is like that.
Dammit. I forgot that Animal was the keeper of all knowledge.
Assault on Wall Street
It tells the story of a security guard who struggles to pay for his wife's medical bills ......
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_on_Wall_Street
John Q
John Quincy Archibald takes a hospital emergency room hostage when his insurance won't cover his son's heart transplant.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251160/
Race Against Time
When a man faces surmounting bills for his dying son's hospital stay, he enters into an agreement to sell his body for organ transplants to pay the bills.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215785/
Thats a quick careless google search. I can on if you need me to.
Breaking Bad!

User avatar
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind heart
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:15 pm
Location: Great White North

Re: Canadian health care

#21

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty » Mon May 03, 2021 5:52 pm

disco.moon wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:40 pm
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:38 pm
Animal wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:31 pm
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:29 pm
I still enjoy that about half of American movie plots are "Gotta do this crime to pay for my Pappys surgery" or some shit like that.

You guys are Neanderthals.
yeah. :lol: And I enjoy the fact that I can't think of a single movie plot that is like that.
Dammit. I forgot that Animal was the keeper of all knowledge.
Assault on Wall Street
It tells the story of a security guard who struggles to pay for his wife's medical bills ......
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_on_Wall_Street
John Q
John Quincy Archibald takes a hospital emergency room hostage when his insurance won't cover his son's heart transplant.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251160/
Race Against Time
When a man faces surmounting bills for his dying son's hospital stay, he enters into an agreement to sell his body for organ transplants to pay the bills.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215785/
Thats a quick careless google search. I can on if you need me to.
Breaking Bad!
YES!!! (Facebook up thumb emoji)

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 4960
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Halfway between the Equator and the North Pole

Re: Canadian health care

#22

Post by megman » Mon May 03, 2021 5:59 pm

L5 slipped disc and compressing the nerve with the S1.

Being referred to a specialist in Toronto. :|
Animal wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:08 am


I'm all hat and no cattle


User avatar
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser
Posts: 6218
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:46 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#23

Post by AnalHamster » Mon May 03, 2021 6:13 pm

megman wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:59 pm
L5 slipped disc and compressing the nerve with the S1.

Being referred to a specialist in Toronto. :|
I expect that is when they will break the news that you have stage five cancer in your butthole. Best of luck buddy.

User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 15390
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#24

Post by Animal » Mon May 03, 2021 6:20 pm

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:38 pm
Animal wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:31 pm
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:29 pm
I still enjoy that about half of American movie plots are "Gotta do this crime to pay for my Pappys surgery" or some shit like that.

You guys are Neanderthals.
yeah. :lol: And I enjoy the fact that I can't think of a single movie plot that is like that.
Dammit. I forgot that Animal was the keeper of all knowledge.
Assault on Wall Street
It tells the story of a security guard who struggles to pay for his wife's medical bills ......
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_on_Wall_Street
John Q
John Quincy Archibald takes a hospital emergency room hostage when his insurance won't cover his son's heart transplant.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0251160/
Race Against Time
When a man faces surmounting bills for his dying son's hospital stay, he enters into an agreement to sell his body for organ transplants to pay the bills.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0215785/
Thats a quick careless google search. I can on if you need me to.
wow, if only anyone had heard of any of those movies.
CaptQuint wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:26 pm
Swallowing cum is honest work

User avatar
disco.moon
Major Daddy Issues
Posts: 2787
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:11 pm

Re: Canadian health care

#25

Post by disco.moon » Mon May 03, 2021 6:21 pm

AnalHamster wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:13 pm
megman wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:59 pm
L5 slipped disc and compressing the nerve with the S1.

Being referred to a specialist in Toronto. :|
I expect that is when they will break the news that you have stage five cancer in your butthole. Best of luck buddy.
🤭🤭

Post Reply