Man accused of shooting catalytic converter thief, dragging body behind his truck

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Man accused of shooting catalytic converter thief, dragging body behind his truck

Post by CaptQuint »

June 15, 2021 at 12:40 am PDT
By KIRO 7 News Staff
LAKEWOOD, Wash. — A man suspected of trying to steal a catalytic converter died after he was shot and dragged behind a truck in Lakewood early Saturday morning.

At about 3:45 a.m., a witness reported a suspicious Ford F-150 dragging an unknown object through the parking lot of a business at the intersection of Sharondale Street Southwest and Halcyon Road Southwest.

According to probable cause documents, the “object” that the truck was dragging was a person.

When officers arrived, they searched the area and found the victim at a nearby field.

The victim was dead and appeared to have several signs of trauma to his body, which were consistent with being dragged, investigators said. Police also noticed two gunshot wounds on the man’s body.

Officers located the truck and the owner, who was later identified as Michael Scott Campbell.

According to investigators, Campbell told police he was sleeping in his truck when he woke up to a noise. He told detectives that someone was trying to saw the catalytic converter from under his truck.

Probable cause documents indicated that he opened the passenger door and fired multiple times straight down at the person under his truck.

The person who was under the truck tried to get back in his own car but fell.

“He said he lashed the victim’s hands above his head and tied him to the ball hitch on his F-150, then dragged him through the field,” detectives said.

Campbell told police that the victim was still alive and talking as he tied him to the truck, and was still alive when he untied him and abandoned him in the field, according to probable cause documents.

Carol Williams was asleep in her van with her two German Shepherds when she heard the shots ring out from across the street Saturday morning.

“I heard the bang, I saw a flash,” Williams said. “I heard the shots, I peeked out the back window and I didn’t see anything but I did hear a man screaming… I did hear him say, you know, ‘I’m bleeding.’”

“I wasn’t trying to be known,” Williams continued. “It’s just insane that somebody would kill somebody over something like that.”

Campbell was booked into the Pierce County Jail on suspicion of second-degree murder.

The identity of the victim has not been released.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/invest ... T7VR645WA/
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Re: Man accused of shooting catalytic converter thief, dragging body behind his truck

Post by Whackov »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:10 am June 15, 2021 at 12:40 am PDT
By KIRO 7 News Staff
LAKEWOOD, Wash. — A man suspected of trying to steal a catalytic converter died after he was shot and dragged behind a truck in Lakewood early Saturday morning.

At about 3:45 a.m., a witness reported a suspicious Ford F-150 dragging an unknown object through the parking lot of a business at the intersection of Sharondale Street Southwest and Halcyon Road Southwest.

According to probable cause documents, the “object” that the truck was dragging was a person.

When officers arrived, they searched the area and found the victim at a nearby field.

The victim was dead and appeared to have several signs of trauma to his body, which were consistent with being dragged, investigators said. Police also noticed two gunshot wounds on the man’s body.

Officers located the truck and the owner, who was later identified as Michael Scott Campbell.

According to investigators, Campbell told police he was sleeping in his truck when he woke up to a noise. He told detectives that someone was trying to saw the catalytic converter from under his truck.

Probable cause documents indicated that he opened the passenger door and fired multiple times straight down at the person under his truck.

The person who was under the truck tried to get back in his own car but fell.

“He said he lashed the victim’s hands above his head and tied him to the ball hitch on his F-150, then dragged him through the field,” detectives said.

Campbell told police that the victim was still alive and talking as he tied him to the truck, and was still alive when he untied him and abandoned him in the field, according to probable cause documents.

Carol Williams was asleep in her van with her two German Shepherds when she heard the shots ring out from across the street Saturday morning.

“I heard the bang, I saw a flash,” Williams said. “I heard the shots, I peeked out the back window and I didn’t see anything but I did hear a man screaming… I did hear him say, you know, ‘I’m bleeding.’”

“I wasn’t trying to be known,” Williams continued. “It’s just insane that somebody would kill somebody over something like that.”

Campbell was booked into the Pierce County Jail on suspicion of second-degree murder.

The identity of the victim has not been released.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/invest ... T7VR645WA/
Did you just dox CTC?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Man accused of shooting catalytic converter thief, dragging body behind his truck

Post by CHEEZY17 »

disco.moon wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:56 am You simply don't mess with a man's truck. :spits:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Slap on the wrist. He did a service to his city.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Man, that's dangerous. I've heard a hot cc can cause a fire in a field like that.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:36 pm Man, that's dangerous. I've heard a hot cc can cause a fire in a field like that.
i have been in a jeep that started a fire. the driver stopped while i got out to open a gate and within seconds a fire started under the jeep. I had always heard it, but that was the first time (and only time) i had actually seen it happen.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:36 pm Man, that's dangerous. I've heard a hot cc can cause a fire in a field like that.
So what does this have to do with someone trying to steal one?

Keep up and thanks for going off topic.....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
theclap
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by theclap »

megman wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:48 pm
So what does this have to do with someone trying to steal one?

Keep up and thanks for going off topic.....
It is ctc making an attempt to be funny. Minimizing concern for a dead thief over a grass fire. I do feel the same however.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Scrap theives are the worst. I always laugh when they die horribly. Heard a story about 2 that tried to steal some high tension by throwing a line of some kind over it. Wasn't enough to burn them up but it locked them in place dead as hell until they broke the connection.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

NSFL

I warned ya

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:45 pm
i have been in a jeep that started a fire. the driver stopped while i got out to open a gate and within seconds a fire started under the jeep. I had always heard it, but that was the first time (and only time) i had actually seen it happen.
On top of that, throw in dragging a body around behind and he could be looking at serious legal problems. Probably depends on if he paid for the burn permit.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

Lakewood is right next to Puget Sound, so everything there is wet. All the time. You couldn't start a fire with a flamethrower in that area.
What if it was one guy with six guns?
Gunzen
Still working on that career as a Famous Author!

Post by Gunzen »

disco.moon wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:55 pmUgh cats.
Underrated post right there.