2021's Best States to Live in

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Re: 2021's Best States to Live in

Post by Stapes »

Texas should be last
I blame Biker.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Stapes wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:12 pm Texas should be last
Texas is a wonderful state, beautiful in so many ways that no other state can equal. From its coast to its lush forests to its dry deserts to its snow-capped mountains, no other state has the variety Texas can offer. Drive a hundred miles in almost any direction, and you'll come to what you can imagine is a different state. But it will still be Texas.

But damn! is it ever infested by that deadly vicious and practically useless species called the "Texan"... :x
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

yeah i am going to go with some 2 year old wrote that list.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

no offense but jersey sucks. the person that wrote the list obviously has never been there.
WarmBidetWater
Forum God

Post by WarmBidetWater »

pork wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:47 pm yeah i am going to go with some 2 year old wrote that list.
Agreed. Except for the Pine Barrens, New Jersey has no redeeming qualities...
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

The Jersey Shore sucks? I begs your pardons
I blame Biker.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

with the exception of a very few. they are almost as bad to look at as their close cousins in philly...no offense
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

I've been to 30 states. I'm good with NC.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Howie
FSF
Stapes

Three reasons why that list is a joke
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

What do the numbers mean? Are they subjective?
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:29 pm
Antknot wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:26 pm What do the numbers mean? Are they subjective?
No they are not.
What do the numbers mean?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pm
Antknot wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:26 pm What do the numbers mean? Are they subjective?
No they are not.
I looked down through how they do the math and its pretty ridiculous. For example, one criteria they give you is based on the number of law enforcement that you have per capita. And depending on that number you can get a very high score. over 7 points out of 100 come from that score alone. Well, if you have a shit load of crime then you are going to have a shit load of cops. So, its sort of a dumb matrix. In their heads coming up with it, I'm sure they felt like more cops = safer place to live. But, I would suggest just the opposite.

You get super high points for "public transportation". Which we have very little of in Texas, because our density is more spread out and we just don't have the inner city congestion of some parts of the country. There are probably some that would argue, in terms of quality of life, that the more public transportation there is, the more congested things are and the lower the quality of life.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:40 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:50 pm
No they are not.
I looked down through how they do the math and its pretty ridiculous. For example, one criteria they give you is based on the number of law enforcement that you have per capita. And depending on that number you can get a very high score. over 7 points out of 100 come from that score alone. Well, if you have a shit load of crime then you are going to have a shit load of cops. So, its sort of a dumb matrix. In their heads coming up with it, I'm sure they felt like more cops = safer place to live. But, I would suggest just the opposite.

You get super high points for "public transportation". Which we have very little of in Texas, because our density is more spread out and we just don't have the inner city congestion of some parts of the country. There are probably some that would argue, in terms of quality of life, that the more public transportation there is, the more congested things are and the lower the quality of life.
My town has a Chief, Captain, 5 Sergeants and 19 patrol officers. This seems excessive for a 4 square mile town.
Not for 24/7/365 with the possibility of multiple calls.
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

I will stick to TN with TX a close 2nd. Besides, the Nashville airport hosts some epic throw downs that puts the UFC to shame.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:35 pm
disco.moon wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:55 pm
Whackov wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:48 pm I will stick to TN with TX a close 2nd. Besides, the Nashville airport hosts some epic throw downs that puts the UFC to shame.
I miss TN. Now that my Nanny is gone, I have no more reason to go back 😭 But, I may one day just to gawk at my old town.
I really want to visit Tennessee. I was scheduled to go last summer but my company cancelled all travel because of the vid.
I'll see you all there in Oct.
Whackov

Post by Whackov »

Whackov wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:48 pm I will stick to TN with TX a close 2nd. Besides, the Nashville airport hosts some epic throw downs that puts the UFC to shame.
I miss TN. Now that my Nanny is gone, I have no more reason to go back 😭 But, I may one day just to gawk at my old town.
Whackov

Post by Whackov »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:35 pm
I really want to visit Tennessee. I was scheduled to go last summer but my company cancelled all travel because of the vid.
Nashville was completely shut down last summer so you didn’t miss anything because there wasn’t anything to do.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

nanny? like you have a babysitter?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

BigRedRetard wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:40 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:50 pm
No they are not.

My town has a Chief, Captain, 5 Sergeants and 19 patrol officers. This seems excessive for a 4 square mile town.
All that and you forgot the 195 "parking meter" officers?
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

QillerDaemon wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:22 pm
Texas is a wonderful state, beautiful in so many ways that no other state can equal. From its coast to its lush forests to its dry deserts to its snow-capped mountains, no other state has the variety Texas can offer. Drive a hundred miles in almost any direction, and you'll come to what you can imagine is a different state. But it will still be Texas.

But damn! is it ever infested by that deadly vicious and practically useless species called the "Texan"... :x
What snow capped mountains do they have in Texas? I wish they had snow covered mountains there so they wouldn’t have to come to Colorado every winter.
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

spudoc wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:23 am

What snow capped mountains do they have in Texas? I wish they had snow covered mountains there so they wouldn’t have to come to Colorado every winter.
Davis mountains, Palo Duro canyon, etc.
You can keep Colorado, it's a shithole.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Fine. We will take our business to New Mexico. They enjoy our money without the snooty attitude.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

DiverTexas wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:40 am

Keep telling that story. Maybe people will stop moving here
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

spudoc wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:23 am
DiverTexas wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:40 am

Keep telling that story. Maybe people will stop moving here
Talk to me when there aren't 1100 people moving to Austin alone every week.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:23 am Keep telling that story. Maybe people will stop moving here
no upstanding, beer drinking, texan would move to colorado. yall have 3.2 beer up there, right?