I Got a New Toy

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

I Got a New Toy

Post by CHEEZY17 »

This fucker is absolutely amazing. It climbs and vacuums the g-damned walls! Worth every penny if you hate vacuuming your pool as much as I do. Basically its like a roomba for your pool. Of course searching for an image I see that they are now on sale @!%$#

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: I Got a New Toy

Post by Animal »

No link provided, but I found it. I'm trying to figure out how it works and what it connects to.

https://maytronicsus.com/product/residential/s50/
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

The kind i have is this (Polaris):

They suck. Too many hoses dragging around. Its always getting tangled up or stuck. Then if people are in the pool you have to drag all of that shit out and put it somewhere. I freaking hate it. Plus, if anything goes wrong with it, it can cost hundreds to fix.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I thought rich people had Pool Boys
I blame Biker.
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

Stapes wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:05 pm I thought rich people had Pool Boys
He does but his wife keeps him busy
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Those things collect DNA samples, process them, and then send all the information about you to the gubbernment!
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

well, the model he posted is for above ground pools.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

for the people with in ground pools...do your pools have a liner?My buddy has an in ground pool and it seems like every year he spends most of the summer working on it. I've been after him for about 15 years to get a phase converter for his shop. He has a wire edm machine that I can get work for and I offer to buy a converter but he won't do it. Anyway one summer he ground the interior surface of the pool to get everything perfectly clean and applied some sort of coating to it. His pool doesn't have a liner it's got a coating on the concrete. So he gets that on there puts water in it and about 2 weeks later it's time to close the pool for the cold season. Next spring open the pool and the coating is starting to peel off.so start over. I told him"how about I pay to get a liner installed and you buy a phase converter" and he said liners are only good for 3 years ( I can't remember how many years he said,it might have been 5) I said our pool had the same liner for the 15 years that I was alive and before I was alive and we didn't ever have to do shit to it,you're redoing your pool every year,then he said he did it 8 years ago and I said you did it last summer.
Anyway do your pools have liners? Also,when I went to his house about a month ago his wife intercepted me and said he's working on the pool. And I notice he's doing something around the top edge,so each weekend I go over and he's slowly working his way around the edge doing something but I don't get out of my car because I don't want to be around his wife. Normally,(when he's not working on the pool) he's out in the shop and his wife very rarely goes out there so that's when I hang around with him. This is the guy that lives 1 minute away from the hardware store and spent 3 hours making a 65 cent 1/2" square nut.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

liners suck. get someone to come in and replaster it. The best is pebbletech. that shit lasts forever.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:55 pm Image

Will it clean this.
Pretty sure that's a chocolate bar.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

The really rich people hire Jesus!

(cleaning pools is really easy when they can walk on water!)
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:33 pm
Yes, my pool is technically above ground although the way my yard slopes it is half in and half out. The model I posted has a power cord thats plugged in. No hoses to mess with, which I fucking love. Just an easily accessible basket and filter that is just dumped, rinsed off and put back.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:45 pm Swimming pools are actually quite disgusting.
If your inbred guests use it for a urinal, absolutely.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

i was really hoping this was Disco's thread
BigChiefin
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by BigChiefin »

pork wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:12 pm i was really hoping this was Disco's thread
That was my first thought as well.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:45 pm Swimming pools are actually quite disgusting.
I was a commercial pool operator for 15 years and the only thing worse than a public pool is a public hot tub.
What if it was one guy with six guns?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:06 pm
Yes, my pool is technically above ground although the way my yard slopes it is half in and half out. The model I posted has a power cord thats plugged in. No hoses to mess with, which I fucking love. Just an easily accessible basket and filter that is just dumped, rinsed off and put back.
so, explain how it works. Does it run off of 110v power? And the cord that runs to it, is that the power cord? Are batteries involved? etc. how much $$$ is the model you posted? I can't find much out about them.

What makes my polaris so complicated is the fact that it is powered by a water jet from the pool. so if that jet is on, its running. And the hoses have to drag around and not get tangled up as long as it is running. Plus if the thing gets stuck in some weird position, then everything just tangles into a mess.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:07 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:06 pm
so, explain how it works. Does it run off of 110v power? And the cord that runs to it, is that the power cord? Are batteries involved? etc. how much $$$ is the model you posted? I can't find much out about them.

What makes my polaris so complicated is the fact that it is powered by a water jet from the pool. so if that jet is on, its running. And the hoses have to drag around and not get tangled up as long as it is running. Plus if the thing gets stuck in some weird position, then everything just tangles into a mess.
I was fully expecting it to be a huge pain the ass with a ton of prep, assembly and programming instructions, dimensions etc.
Here was my process:
Open box
read direction card
Take vacuum out of plastic bag
Plug in vacuum to a standard outlet
Put vacuum into pool and let it sink to the bottom
Turn it on via control panel and watch it go

Thats it.

No hoses, just the power cord that floats and no batteries. I've never had any issues with tangling and your regular pump/filter doesnt need to be on. It is all self contained. Mine was about $600 I think but I think its on sale now. Its pretty fucking cool to watch it climb the walls. After its done I just pop out the little basket, dump it out and rinse it off with the hose, pop it back in and its ready to go again. I love it.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i like the concept much better. much better. even on the one i have, it has a bag attached to the top that it blows leaves and debri into as it sweeps. you have to clean that out. so having the filter like this one has is no different. but it just seems so much less complicated, which leads to less possibility of problems. plus, it looks like a simple process to remove if you have people swimming or playing volleyball, etc. i hate their website. its hard to find dealers and links to the dealer pages.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:14 pm i like the concept much better. much better. even on the one i have, it has a bag attached to the top that it blows leaves and debri into as it sweeps. you have to clean that out. so having the filter like this one has is no different. but it just seems so much less complicated, which leads to less possibility of problems. plus, it looks like a simple process to remove if you have people swimming or playing volleyball, etc. i hate their website. its hard to find dealers and links to the dealer pages.
I got mine from the local pool store when I was there getting chemicals. It was just kind of an impulse buy.

The specific model I got was the Active 15. I believe its like the mid-market model. There are cheaper ones that dont climb the walls and more expensive ones that are probably a bit bigger and more powerful.