Bezos or Branson, which dies first

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Bezos or Branson, which dies first

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:38 pm
megman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:37 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:09 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:30 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:14 pm Now the "big boy" with a real spaceship. Bezos/ Blue Origin scheduled for liftoff from their far W Texas launch site 8AM CST Tuesday (July 20th). Will probably be scratched. Saw the weather and there could be lots of rain.
The "touchdown" of that capsule looks to be interesting.

Yeah, I'm surprised they don't have a small retro rocket attached.
Why? Explain....
He's just surprised
That's not surprising.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:14 pm Now the "big boy" with a real spaceship. Bezos/ Blue Origin scheduled for liftoff from their far W Texas launch site 8AM CST Tuesday (July 20th). Will probably be scratched. Saw the weather and there could be lots of rain.

Why? Explain....
They've landed that capsule almost 10 times using dummies with sensors attached measuring G forces. They have a bulked up shock system under the crew seats to absorb it. All looks ok. Still, that's a pretty hard landing. I would think as they parachuted close to the ground, they would have a small retro cutting that speed way down in case of a single parachute failure.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:11 am

Why? Explain....
They've landed that capsule almost 10 times using dummies with sensors attached measuring G forces. They have a bulked up shock system under the crew seats to absorb it. All looks ok. Still, that's a pretty hard landing. I would think as they parachuted close to the ground, they would have a small retro cutting that speed way down in case of a single parachute failure.
Where do you put the fuel for it?
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

megman wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:18 am

Why? Explain....
No idea of the engineering required. Still it would just be a tiny retro needing a few seconds of fuel to lower the landing speed from whatever it is to half that.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

They should put a bowling alley onboard, no clue how they could pull it off, but they should.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

And the same 3 usual idiots like a moth around a flame. Never gets old. I'm actually going to be out there next week working. It's under 100 miles away. Not even sure if I could see it that far away to video it going into orbit. I'll keep an eye out.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Looker there that spaceship you gee are! Kurrrviiillle Texas space rocket!!!!!
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Like a drug, the Noob can never stop pounding his keyboard spewing shit that has nothing to do with the subject. It would be totally hilarious if it wasn't so pathetic.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Just checked the weather out there for next week. Looks like a weather go for next Tuesday.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Smok44 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:17 am
CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:39 am Looker there that spaceship you gee are! Kurrrviiillle Texas space rocket!!!!!

"That's da biggest frickin Marfa lights I ever did see "
They should add a giant wax ring on the bottom of the capsule to cushion the landing
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:18 am
Smok44 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:17 am
CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:39 am Looker there that spaceship you gee are! Kurrrviiillle Texas space rocket!!!!!

"That's da biggest frickin Marfa lights I ever did see "
They should add a giant wax ring on the bottom of the capsule to cushion the landing
With next morning Taco Bell retro rockets.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

No hot water, no toilets, no lights in WTC’s house
(but Whitey's on the moon)
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I followed it on the radio. Seemed like a perfect flight with no glitches. I can't wait to see pictures and videos. That's just mind blowing that 4 average Joe's went up with no pilot, no flight engineer, nothing. completely relying on computers to fly it.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Why? Explain....
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:55 am
Smart Ass Update: According to the play-by-play of the touchdown, about 20 feet from impact the capsule uses retro rockets to slow the decent even more.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I think that the most important thing the space program can do at this juncture in time, is to find more pictures of the blonde girl in the white mini dress and cowboy hat.

Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:55 pm

Why? Explain....
Smart Ass Update: According to the play-by-play of the touchdown, about 20 feet from impact the capsule uses retro rockets to slow the decent even more.
The capsule does have a rocket under it, but that's used for separating from the booster rocket while in space.
I've watched the landing video about 10 times now and I see no evidence of any rockets being used.
I'm also rather sceptical about how much a small retro rocket could slow that thing down in the span of 20 feet.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

That sounds pretty technical and I'm sure you would have spotted the difference in speed during that 1/2 second it took to cover the 20 feet.

the capsule is equipped with small engines called retro-rockets that ignite when the vehicle is just a few feet above the ground. These rockets push against the Earth's surface, reducing the speed of the spacecraft.

I'm not sure if those retro rockets are a safety procedure that is only used if there is a malfunction and the capsule speed is more than 16 mph or if they are used every time.
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

I watched the launch and the rocket looked like a dildo. Counting the dildo that was inside the rocket, does that mean they launched a double dildo into space?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Whackov wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:34 pm I watched the launch and the rocket looked like a dildo. Counting the dildo that was inside the rocket, does that mean they launched a double dildo into space?
is Jeff Bezos a shitty guy? I really know very little about him other than he owns Amazon.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

disco.moon wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:37 pm
Whackov wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:34 pm I watched the launch and the rocket looked like a dildo. Counting the dildo that was inside the rocket, does that mean they launched a double dildo into space?

It was pretty cool. Every time I watch something like that, I get serious Challenger vibes. It made me a little skittish. The landing was really impressive.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:53 pm That sounds pretty technical and I'm sure you would have spotted the difference in speed during that 1/2 second it took to cover the 20 feet.

the capsule is equipped with small engines called retro-rockets that ignite when the vehicle is just a few feet above the ground. These rockets push against the Earth's surface, reducing the speed of the spacecraft.

I'm not sure if those retro rockets are a safety procedure that is only used if there is a malfunction and the capsule speed is more than 16 mph or if they are used every time.
Actually, that sounds very like how the Russians do it. When their capsules approach land on reentry, retros automatically fire.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Animal wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:55 pm

Why? Explain....
Watched it on Youtube live.

It looked like a big puff of air at the end, not a rocket persay.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

megman wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:07 pm Watched it on Youtube live.

It looked like a big puff of air at the end, not a rocket persay.
Well, they are not only rockets, persay, but they are called retro rockets. At least that's what they people at Blue Origin that created them call them.

The New Shepard Crew Capsule is a pressurized crew capsule that can carry six people, and supports a "full-envelope" launch escape system that can separate the capsule from the booster rocket anywhere during the ascent.[69] Interior volume of the capsule is 15 cubic meters (530 cu ft).[70] The Crew Capsule Escape Solid Rocket Motor (CCE-SRM) is sourced from Aerojet Rocketdyne.[71] After separation two or three parachutes deploy. Just before landing, retro rockets fire. (see Fourth vertical soft landing (19 June 2016) above)
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

Mentos and Coke.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I refuse to do any research, how much did these two stunts cost, and how much do these two donate to charity each year?