Bezos or Branson, which dies first

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Bezos or Branson, which dies first

Post by CaptQuint »

Greed is not a financial issue. It's a heart issue.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:24 pm Greed is not a financial issue. It's a heart issue.
just a guess but i am thinking my definition of wealth may be different than yours. I hit reset on my life financial 13 years ago. basically flushed it all and started over. i would take my wealth at 30 than what it is today.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

pork wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:33 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:24 pm Greed is not a financial issue. It's a heart issue.
just a guess but i am thinking my definition of wealth may be different than yours. I hit reset on my life financial 13 years ago. basically flushed it all and started over. i would take my wealth at 30 than what it is today.
I'm sure it is pork, I'm sure it is.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:35 pm
At a party given by a billionaire on Shelter Island, Kurt Vonnegut informs his pal, Joseph Heller, that their host, a hedge fund manager, had made more money in a single day than Heller had earned from his wildly popular novel Catch-22 over its whole history.
Heller responds,“Yes, but I have something he will never have — ENOUGH.”
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:10 pm
At a party given by a billionaire on Shelter Island, Kurt Vonnegut informs his pal, Joseph Heller, that their host, a hedge fund manager, had made more money in a single day than Heller had earned from his wildly popular novel Catch-22 over its whole history.
And Kurt created literature, whilst the hedge fund manager created nothing.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:11 pm
B-Tender wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:10 pm
And Kurt created literature, whilst the hedge fund manager created nothing.
And it's likely, since he created something, he'll be remembered, a kind of immortality.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Well, I hope everybody had a chance to watch Branson's Virgin space plane flight. Watched it live. Very impressive. But, did you see why this tech is a dead end for the future US space program?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I'm sure the tard is gonna tell us

:roll:
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:45 am I'm sure the tard is gonna tell us

He needs to build the suspense first. Tragic
I blame Biker.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

I'm just ignoring CQ from now on. The Noob is running amuck at more posts per day than everybody else combined. The impulsive disorder is bad enough if we didn't have to deal with the fact he's boring af. Not a good look, UJR.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Stapes wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:52 am
CaptQuint wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:45 am I'm sure the tard is gonna tell us

He needs to build the suspense first. Tragic
What suspense? It's right there in front of your eyes.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Look, it's damn simple. When they were testing rocket planes in the late 40's/ 50's (think Yeager breaking the sound barrier in 47) they were carried aloft by bombers. Even when the Air Force was testing many mach's and reaching near orbits, they were taking off on runways. The Branson method- doomed by the weight the supporting aircraft could carry. Maybe throw a few 250K passengers into near orbit for a few minutes. Doomed tech that was totally rejected in the 50's when they were trying to figure out how to get humans into orbit, moon, mars- you get the picture. Massive rocket power capable of lifting multi-ton loads- it was the only way then and now. Bezo's Blue Origin and Musk's SpaceX are the only true method. Throw in their rockets are reusable. Private enterprise when NASA can't even get their next rockets on line sucking on the govt tit. BTW- in case you didn't know- Branson's Virgin spaceport is in the high desert of NM near White Sands. Both Blue Origin (near Van Horn) and SpaceX (maybe not yet but close- S tip) take off from Texas. Florida is still used for govt launches and Vandenberg in Cali for polar launches.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I'm glad I stayed up so I could see this wonderous post first hand.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

You would think our "military expert" would know all this shit. But as you can see, he's only good for copy/ paste photos with occasional videos. Dumber than fucking dirt and boring as fuck to boot.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Only WTC has this ancient wisdom. Perhaps he can find some AM call in radio show out of Waco that would find this fascinating "Hi kay you are jay 88.9 it's Central Texas Crude from Kurr Villl ah gain!
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Haven't looked. Let me guess he's banging away at his keyboard trying to get to the mythical 75 posts a day. SMurph would be proud. Unfortunate that he wasn't boring like our "top poster" is. It says a lot at the current UJR position we seem to be looking at. Really sad.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I blame Biker.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Now the "big boy" with a real spaceship. Bezos/ Blue Origin scheduled for liftoff from their far W Texas launch site 8AM CST Tuesday (July 20th). Will probably be scratched. Saw the weather and there could be lots of rain.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:14 pm Now the "big boy" with a real spaceship. Bezos/ Blue Origin scheduled for liftoff from their far W Texas launch site 8AM CST Tuesday (July 20th). Will probably be scratched. Saw the weather and there could be lots of rain.
The "touchdown" of that capsule looks to be interesting.

CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Animal wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:30 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:14 pm Now the "big boy" with a real spaceship. Bezos/ Blue Origin scheduled for liftoff from their far W Texas launch site 8AM CST Tuesday (July 20th). Will probably be scratched. Saw the weather and there could be lots of rain.

Yeah, I'm surprised they don't have a small retro rocket attached. Anyway the "big boys" are SpaceX and Blue Origin. Both have similar tech (reusable rockets, take off and land). That "space tourism" thing at the beginning is incorrect, kinda. Virgin is almost nothing but space tourism. Both SpaceX and BO are heavy lift vehicles designed to go into orbit (SpaceX has launched a few already, including humans to the Space Station). Whole different thing from Branson's dinky space plane launched from a mother plane.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:09 pm

Yeah, I'm surprised they don't have a small retro rocket attached.
Why? Explain....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

megman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:37 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:09 pm

Yeah, I'm surprised they don't have a small retro rocket attached.
Why? Explain....
He's just surprised