hunting and fishing

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

pork
Grouchy old fart.

hunting and fishing

Post by pork »

Here is where we will discuss all things hunting and fishing. For those of you that are Seahawks fans we will start another thread to discuss male cheerleaders and baton twirling. For the rest of the group...whatcha got going on?

I have my annual dove trip September 1st. Should be an ok year for it. I will be in Mexico the second week of September for yellow tail and marlin.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: hunting and fishing

Post by CHEEZY17 »

My grandpa used to take me fishing when I was a kid. We'd fish the Detroit river from Belle Isle. I also appreciate some quality venison sausage or chili.
Hope this helps.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:42 pm My grandpa used to take me fishing when I was a kid. We'd fish the Detroit river
Same here.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

disco.moon wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:50 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:47 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:42 pm My grandpa used to take me fishing when I was a kid. We'd fish the Detroit river
Same here.
You knew his grandpa?
His grandpa got around quite a bit. He had bitches up and down the river.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

his gramps was the sausage guy
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I don't hunt or fish, I hope this helps.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

figures a guy that lives in prime hunting and fishing areas doesn't do either. you are missing out my friend. you should go kill an animal this weekend. it will make you feel great
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

It's Duckfest 14.0, and we have a smoked meat contest involved, so I will be eating a lot of dead animals.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

lol smoked meat
DiverTexas
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by DiverTexas »

I'll be dove hunting on September 1 through mid October.
Taking a few buddies down to the coast for fishing on two days of guided red, trout and drum fishing.
I'll spend November through January deer hunting.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

I hunt upland bird and fish fresh water.

Sept 1 in usually a tossup for either dove or forest grouse. Oct brings in the quail, chucker, hun and the rare pheasant hunts.

And where I live you can fish somewhere close year round for trout, smallmouth bass, mackinaw as well as seasonal runs of salmon.
What if it was one guy with six guns?
DiverTexas

Post by DiverTexas »

What is Mackinaw?

Edit, just looked it up. Lake Trout.
Vanderglide
Forum Regular

Post by Vanderglide »

I pretty much just fly fish these days, rivers in Colorado. Have a nice stretch of private gold medal water at my place up in the mountains, I even tie some of own flies when I get the urge. Used to hunt when I was younger, I just don’t like it anymore.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

pork wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:25 pm Here is where we will discuss all things hunting and fishing. For those of you that are Seahawks fans we will start another thread to discuss male cheerleaders and baton twirling. For the rest of the group...whatcha got going on?

I have my annual dove trip September 1st. Should be an ok year for it. I will be in Mexico the second week of September for yellow tail and marlin.
Thats all we do up here....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

I might get the kayak out sunday morning and go fishing. I've got a place on n private land for white tail rifle season again this year, and I may try to find a spot for bow season. Last time I was fishing I landed a fun little northern.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

megman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:06 pm
pork wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:25 pm Here is where we will discuss all things hunting and fishing. For those of you that are Seahawks fans we will start another thread to discuss male cheerleaders and baton twirling. For the rest of the group...whatcha got going on?

Thats all we do up here....
i used to do an annual trip to the queen charlotte islands for salmon. that place is amazing
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

I live next to a lake but the only fishing I do is the deep sea variety. Typically 3/4 day trips out of Point Loma a couple/few times a year. Typically for yellow tail and Dorado. I will also do a 1/2 day if I can't get away for 36 hours. Typically catch rockfish and sculpin on those trips. Don't always catch a fish but always caught a buzz.

I live in the mountains but only shoot photos of the wild animals when I see them.
Zerobeat
Forum God

Post by Zerobeat »

Waiting on delivery of a new pellet rifle in .22 to take care of some suburban woodchucks. Little bastards are tearing up my and a neighbor's sheds, as well as digging around the foundations of the houses. Non-lethal methods didn't work, so it's time to go Carl Spackler in their asses. Otherwise, I'm thinking of getting back into trap shooting. It has been a couple of years since I last was able to, and I do enjoy it. Same with rifle/handgun target shooting.
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

what's some of the stranger animals you've ate? I mean like alligator,rattlesnake,that kind of stuff. On a meat smoking forum years ago a guy had shot a racoon that was getting in his garbage so he smoked the leg quarters (?) (I guess that's what they were called) and they looked pretty good. He said they were pretty greasy. I haven't even tried crawfish. My store had them on sale this week,frozen ones that are pre-seasoned ,I was tempted to go buy a bag of them. The venison I've tried I didn't like,I had a steak one time and summer sausage type stuff 3 or 4 times. One buddy had some goose summer sausage that was pretty good except he put too much salt in it. That seemed pretty fatty to me.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

DiverTexas wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:18 pm What is Mackinaw?

Edit, just looked it up. Lake Trout.
We think of them as a big wad of grease, wrapped in scales with some fins glued on. In one of the lakes they were stocked in they have wiped out several of the other species due to their voracious appetite.
What if it was one guy with six guns?
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

One of the best steaks I’ve ever had was pan fried elk.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

jsdspif wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:14 am what's some of the stranger animals you've ate? I mean like alligator,rattlesnake,that kind of stuff. On a meat smoking forum years ago a guy had shot a racoon that was getting in his garbage so he smoked the leg quarters (?) (I guess that's what they were called) and they looked pretty good. He said they were pretty greasy. I haven't even tried crawfish. My store had them on sale this week,frozen ones that are pre-seasoned ,I was tempted to go buy a bag of them. The venison I've tried I didn't like,I had a steak one time and summer sausage type stuff 3 or 4 times. One buddy had some goose summer sausage that was pretty good except he put too much salt in it. That seemed pretty fatty to me.
I finally tried crawfish from a seafood boil place. Eating something that was staring back at me caused the delay. They were pretty damn good. I didn’t suck the brains out like true crawfish connoisseurs though.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

for me, wild game is pretty nasty with he exception of a few things. I like elk a lot. i shot an elk in colorado many years ago and it was amazing. deer in meh...i do like wild boar. I shoot a ton of pheasant and dove. They are ok

Charliesheen i hunt at birdslanding in Fairfield every season. however its getting expensive as hell out there.
Vanderglide
Forum Regular

Post by Vanderglide »

pork wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:37 pm for me, wild game is pretty nasty with he exception of a few things. I like elk a lot. i shot an elk in colorado many years ago and it was amazing. deer in meh...i do like wild boar. I shoot a ton of pheasant and dove. They are ok
I thinks that’s why I pretty much gave up hunting, I really don’t care to eat much of it. I make jerky a couple times a year and elk roast is excellent for that, better than beef in my opinion.
DiverTexas

Post by DiverTexas »

I've eaten pretty much all game I have ever hunted.
Squirrels, rabbit, deer, Elk,, moose, pheasant, dove, Quail, rattlesnake, alligator, bison, hogs and basically all freshwater
and saltwater fish plus a few that you don't fish for. Squid, conch and the like.