I’m getting addicted to the DVR feature

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

I’m getting addicted to the DVR feature

Post by Who »

Of Spectrum Cable. Flashing through all the boring commercials has been great.
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Re: I’m getting addicted to the DVR feature

Post by Who »

If I’m watching a show live I try to fast forward it, must be an old person thing
A Legend In His Own Mind

Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Wait till your mate catches you trying to mute them.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Biker wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:41 am
Who wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:03 am If I’m watching a show live I try to fast forward it, must be an old person thing
No, it’s a......

Fuck it, I need to be nicer to Who
I screenshot this
A Legend In His Own Mind

VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

I was reading a paper book a while back, kept spreading my fingers across the page to zoom text.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I've heard that the VCR tape and technology is the next up and coming thing.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:56 pm I've heard that the VCR tape and technology is the next up and coming thing.
beta max will win out over VCR technology. write it down.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:57 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:56 pm I've heard that the VCR tape and technology is the next up and coming thing.
Who seems awfully excited about something that's been around for 20 years. Speaking of VHS- Betamax- had a neighbor once invest in equipment that was supposed to be the next big thing after. Can't remember what it was called. Instead of a VCR like tape, it was like an LP record. What was that? Died a quick death.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:12 pm
Who seems awfully excited about something that's been around for 20 years. Speaking of VHS- Betamax- had a neighbor once invest in equipment that was supposed to be the next big thing after. Can't remember what it was called. Instead of a VCR like tape, it was like an LP record. What was that? Died a quick death.
It was called Laserdisc for those with bad memories....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Once again WTC is behind the curve. Google spectrum DVD player
A Legend In His Own Mind

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:13 pm
That's it. Thanks. I wonder what was supposed to be superior about it? I just remember Blockbuster and the like carried a small section in each store for a couple of years.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Who wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:21 pm Once again WTC is behind the curve. Google spectrum DVD player
I heard those new fangled rotary phones are the gas. Even comes in pink Princess models for the housewife. Boy, that AT&T is sure with the swing.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Are you thinking of laserdisc?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Antknot wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:59 pm
Check post #10
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:54 pm
Who wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:21 pm Once again WTC is behind the curve. Google spectrum DVD player
I heard those new fangled rotary phones are the gas. Even comes in pink Princess models for the housewife. Boy, that AT&T is sure with the swing.
You really are an ignorant twit
A Legend In His Own Mind

JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

My wealthy neighbors had one of those gizmos when it first came out. I remember watching some bad movie on it thinking it seemed kinda strange but they were very proud of themselves.
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Who wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:33 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:54 pm
You really are an ignorant twit
Just yanking your chain. No offense. You can laugh anytime
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

megman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:13 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:38 pm
My wealthy neighbors had one of those gizmos when it first came out. I remember watching some bad movie on it thinking it seemed kinda strange but they were very proud of themselves.
If I'm not mistaken, the main problem with laserdisc was the cost.It was better quality but the basic equipment cost tons and compared to mass produced plastic VCR tapes, those LP type albums were pretty expensive. Pretty doomed tech from the beginning.
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

The laserdisc video games were pretty cool, though.

Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

HighNDry wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:46 am The laserdisc video games were pretty cool, though.

Any idea on who was the old UJ'r that spent tons of money making those games whole again? Was amazing. Howie? Nah.
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:55 am
HighNDry wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:46 am The laserdisc video games were pretty cool, though.

Any idea on who was the old UJ'r that spent tons of money making those games whole again? Was amazing. Howie?
Maybe SpaceAce? He recently said he lost many of his games when he got divorced and is working on building up his collection again.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

A Legend In His Own Mind

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

HighNDry wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:56 am

Any idea on who was the old UJ'r that spent tons of money making those games whole again? Was amazing. Howie?
Maybe SpaceAce? He recently said he lost many of his games when he got divorced and is working on building up his collection again.
I don't think so. Maybe. Had all those old 70/80's standup video games he was refurbishing. Now that's a fucking awesome hobby.
HighNDry

Post by HighNDry »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:04 am
HighNDry wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:56 am

I don't think so. Maybe. Had all those old 70/80's standup video games he was refurbishing. Now that's a fucking awesome hobby.
It is. But it's a pain in the ass. The monitors in those things are ancient and weigh a fucking ton. And everything is wired to the motherboard. I have an arcade machine and the monitor recently started to go. needs a cap kit to restore the color/integrity of the graphics. Like having an old car. I'm a purist and I love all that shit, but it's much easier nowadays to get a cabinet with a PC inside that has 10,000 games loaded on it and modern monitor.
-Mitch Hedberg