At exactly 4:58 today.....

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

WestTexasCrude

Re: At exactly 4:58 today.....

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:17 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:10 pm
megman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:48 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 pm
JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:58 pm
megman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:50 pm I heard the sap was running through the trees....

On another note there is suppose to be a Super moon tonight. First time on the Spring equinox since 2000 and the next won't be until 2030. Might be the last chance to see it for some of you old fucks. :lol:
Every other fucking day there's some moon story bullshit that'll only happen once every who cares..

Let me know when the moon sprouts a dick or some tits and I'll go ooo and aaaaa over it. Until then, fuck off.
GD funny. Anyone else notice the new BS on TV when there is a storm (Winter, Severe) coming, "24 million impacted" prominently displayed in the upper corner (actually paying someone to come up with the actual figure). I'm surprised they haven't reported this Super Moon story with a "8.85 Billion impacted" in the same corner.
I believe there is something fundamentally wrong with people that can't stop and enjoy a show that Mother Nature or the cosmos puts on.

And you are the biggest hypocrite on here. You go on about how your nut trees are blooming and what not and the minute somebody else starts poo-pooing something you hitch your wagon to it.

So STFU.
Well that was totally unexpected and uncalled for. I was making a joke. And you don't know what you're talking about.I live in an area very rare in these times. My place is so remote it's considered one of the darkest skies on the entire continent. With my eyes and my telescope, I am watching the heavens like our ancestors did centuries ago. So I suggest you STFU. Never forget one night after I moved back here. December- Absolutely brutal cold after an arctic front. Sat out in a fold out cot under tons of blankets and witnessed the Orion Nebula like it was right in front of me through binoculars.
What the hell does dark sky viewing have to do with your post about weather forecasts or Megman mentioning your trees?
Uh, you are not in either. It seems a rarity these days.
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

megman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:50 pm I heard the sap was running through the trees....

On another note there is suppose to be a Super moon tonight. First time on the Spring equinox since 2000 and the next won't be until 2030. Might be the last chance to see it for some of you old fucks. :lol:
Every other fucking day there's some moon story bullshit that'll only happen once every who cares..

Let me know when the moon sprouts a dick or some tits and I'll go ooo and aaaaa over it. Until then, fuck off.
GD funny. Anyone else notice the new BS on TV when there is a storm (Winter, Severe) coming, "24 million impacted" prominently displayed in the upper corner (actually paying someone to come up with the actual figure). I'm surprised they haven't reported this Super Moon story with a "8.85 Billion impacted" in the same corner.
I believe there is something fundamentally wrong with people that can't stop and enjoy a show that Mother Nature or the cosmos puts on.

And you are the biggest hypocrite on here. You go on about how your nut trees are blooming and what not and the minute somebody else starts poo-pooing something you hitch your wagon to it.

So STFU.
I also believe you're incapable of taking a joke. Like WTC, I also live in a pretty damn remote area on an old 40 acre farm surrounded by thousands of acres of forest. My night skies are amazing and I appreciate the fact that my views aren't diminished by light pollution. Oddly ive also got a monstrous telescope and i used it to watch the super blood moon eclipse a few months back.

That said, the fucker wasn't dripping blood and if no one had said anything I doubt I'd have noticed the difference. My point was that they try to make these regular occurrences seem epic simply by exaggerating the parameters and emphasizing the rarity. All this "won't be another for XX years" is just dumb.

Like you.
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:22 pm Oddly ive also got a monstrous telescope and i used it to watch the super blood moon eclipse a few months back.
I've been visiting dark sky sites for decades. I have several scopes, but my current fav is my Celestron AVX 9".
What rig are you rocking?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:33 pm
JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:22 pm Oddly ive also got a monstrous telescope and i used it to watch the super blood moon eclipse a few months back.
I've been visiting dark sky sites for decades. I have several scopes, but my current fav is my Celestron AVX 9".
I'm no pro so I called B&H about 5 years ago and they recommended the Celestron OmniXLT150. It's great but i have nothing to compare it to. It weighs a ton!
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:22 pm

So STFU.
I also believe you're incapable of taking a joke. Like WTC, I also live in a pretty damn remote area on an old 40 acre farm surrounded by thousands of acres of forest. My night skies are amazing and I appreciate the fact that my views aren't diminished by light pollution. Oddly ive also got a monstrous telescope and i used it to watch the super blood moon eclipse a few months back.

That said, the fucker wasn't dripping blood and if no one had said anything I doubt I'd have noticed the difference. My point was that they try to make these regular occurrences seem epic simply by exaggerating the parameters and emphasizing the rarity. All this "won't be another for XX years" is just dumb.

Like you.
When the magic of electricity was spread worldwide in the late 19th/ early 20th centuries with all the almost unlimited potential economic/ social benefits available. I'm pretty sure no one saw the outcome would be a huge part of the World's population unable to see even a fraction of the stars witnessed by their ancestors.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

My telescope is ancient. Real urge for years to upgrade. Can you tell me what is special about that model?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:36 pm
I'm no pro so I called B&H about 5 years ago and they recommended the Celestron OmniXLT150. It's great but i have nothing to compare it to. It weighs a ton!
Do you have the refractor or Schmidt-Cassegrain?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:48 pm
Yeah it was only like 500-700 bucks 5 years back. No digital bs but that would be cool.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

From what I found online that model appears to be a Newtonian.
I would love to get a big Schmidt-Cassegrain from Celestron, something bigger tha ten inches.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:55 pm
Yeah it was only like 500-700 bucks 5 years back. No digital bs but that would be cool.
Nice starter rig. What part of the world are you in?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

spudoc wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:02 am
I would love to get a big Schmidt-Cassegrain from Celestron, something bigger tha ten inches.
The 11 and 14 inch start at about $3000 bucks American.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:11 am
Ouch. Worked for Nationwide Insurance in Austin 20 years ago. Had a temporary office for 6 months while out main offices were being built. Next door, someone had a telescope store. Walked in totally amazed you could buy that kinda of stuff right off the shelf.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:11 am
The scopes aren’t that bad by themselves but the mounts are where you get damaged.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

OMG, did anyone else go out and see this momentous occasion. The moon is full like it has been every 28 days for the last 4 billion years. Amazing I tell you.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

For a while I was looking at the Celestrons with all the electronics but I never pulled the trigger. I have an Orion sitting in my basement doing me no good since I'm here in Bermuda.

The skies aren't as dark as you'd expect here.
wut?
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Wut wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:53 am
For a while I was looking at the Celestrons with all the electronics but I never pulled the trigger. I have an Orion sitting in my basement doing me no good since I'm here in Bermuda.

You'd think an island would be good. I grew up in rural upstate New York and always had dark skies but the darkest sky I ever saw was when I was on Maui.
I have never seen so many stars and the Milky Way was stunningly brilliant.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

spudoc wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:02 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:33 pm I've been visiting dark sky sites for decades. I have several scopes, but my current fav is my Celestron AVX 9".

You'd think an island would be good. I grew up in rural upstate New York and always had dark skies but the darkest sky I ever saw was when I was on Maui.
Iraq, the sky was brilliant
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:10 am Image
You're at a gay pride rally?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

spudoc wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:02 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:33 pm I've been visiting dark sky sites for decades. I have several scopes, but my current fav is my Celestron AVX 9".

Where we were living was close enough to the city to get the glow of the city in the sky. This island is also pretty heavily developed and populated.

We've moved further out now so I'm hoping it's better here.
wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:57 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:10 am Image
You're at a gay pride rally?
Yup, it's our spring fling