HomeBrew's Military thread

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: CQ's Military thread

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:52 pm You do the same shit.
He's a cunt
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Coming from a guy who starts literally hundreds of premenstrual, completely negative threads on shit he has zero influence over, I'd say the lady doth protest much.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

I'm reading that the Navy's LCS's aren't short for "Littoral Combat Ship," but are actually short for "Little Crappy Ship." ;)
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Charliesheen wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:03 pm Coming from a guy who starts literally hundreds of premenstrual, completely negative threads on shit he has zero influence over, I'd say the lady doth protest much.
You're free to put me on ignore or up your Pamprin dose
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:31 pm I'm reading that the Navy's LCS's aren't short for "Littoral Combat Ship," but are actually short for "Little Crappy Ship." ;)
That is 100% correct, I guess The Navy needs cannon fodder
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:34 am Bruce Bramlett with the Battleship Texas Foundation said the main reason for the move is because it doesn't have enough paid visitors to maintain the ship.

"We need to get somewhere where there's a lot of people," Bramlett said.

A bill passed unanimously in the legislature which will provide Battleship Texas $35 million for repairs before it is taken to its new home. The measure mentioned the upper Texas coast as the general region for the new home, but no specific site has been chosen, Bramlett said.
The are going to move up the coast of Texas from Houston to find more people? wtf? Port Arthur? That has to be a misprint.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:14 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:34 am Bruce Bramlett with the Battleship Texas Foundation said the main reason for the move is because it doesn't have enough paid visitors to maintain the ship.

A bill passed unanimously in the legislature which will provide Battleship Texas $35 million for repairs before it is taken to its new home. The measure mentioned the upper Texas coast as the general region for the new home, but no specific site has been chosen, Bramlett said.
The are going to move up the coast of Texas from Houston to find more people? wtf? Port Arthur? That has to be a misprint.
Anything that saves the ship and puts her in a dry berth. Texas should be embarrassed for just about letting her sink
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

I believe it is the i95 Girard Point Bridge in Philadelphia where, in the early 80's, you could look down at some old mothballed wooden deck WWII carriers. They were decrepit but beautiful. I guess they've all been long since scrapped.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:20 pm

Anything that saves the ship and puts her in a dry berth. Texas should be embarrassed for just about letting her sink
well anyone that knows anything about the texas coast knows that north and east of Houston there is basically nothing until you get into Louisiana. And that's not saying much.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:26 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:20 pm

well anyone that knows anything about the texas coast knows that north and east of Houston there is basically nothing until you get into Louisiana. And that's not saying much.
The San Jacinto monument is in a shitty location surrounded by petrochemical plants. It absolutely isn't tourist friendly.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:28 pm The San Jacinto monument is in a shitty location surrounded by petrochemical plants. It absolutely isn't tourist friendly.
that describes most of the texas coast, from Houston to the east.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:58 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:28 pm The San Jacinto monument is in a shitty location surrounded by petrochemical plants. It absolutely isn't tourist friendly.
that describes most of the texas coast, from Houston to the east.
I'm more concerned that it continues to exist more than where it exists.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

And yet they put the USS New Jersey in CAMDEN, the definition of a shithole, and it's going fine!
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:01 pm And yet they put the USS New Jersey in CAMDEN, the definition of a shithole, and it's going fine!
Directly across the Delaware River from Philly and next to a nice aquarium
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

its just good to know that the shrimp fishermen, offshore oil field guys, and the high school spring break kids that can't afford to go to Florida, will now have a tourist attraction.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:02 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:01 pm And yet they put the USS New Jersey in CAMDEN, the definition of a shithole, and it's going fine!
They also have a wwii sub and last of the great white fleet in philly, I think. The ship they brought home the first unknown soldier on. USS Olympia.
Last edited by VinceBordenIII on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:37 pm
They also have a wwii sub and last of the great white fleet in philly, I think. The ship they brought home the first unknown soldier on.
Last I heard The USS Olympia was in bad shape
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:40 pm
They also have a wwii sub and last of the great white fleet in philly, I think. The ship they brought home the first unknown soldier on.
Yeah, was just reading wiki about it.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:41 pm
I think the SS United States is there too, and it's in pretty bad shape
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:43 pm
I bought a beautiful print of The SS United States to support her docking fees. She might look rough but her hull is in great condition.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:46 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:43 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:02 pm Directly across the Delaware River from Philly and next to a nice aquarium
I bought a beautiful print of The SS United States to support her docking fees. She might look rough but her hull is in great condition.
I still remember her in her prime in New York
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

How long were you a homosexual, captQuint?
Sorry, I meant to ask how long were you in the navy?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:00 am How long were you a homosexual, captQuint?
Never a homosexual nor in the navy.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 am
VinceBordenIII wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:00 am How long were you a homosexual, captQuint?
I assumed because you are so nautical.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:04 am
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 am
I assumed because you are so nautical.
My Grandfather served in the navy in world war 2 and had a large library of books about naval history and I read them as a child I later inherited the collection.