HomeBrew's Military thread

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Re: CQ's Military thread

Post by Charliesheen »

captquint wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:26 am
Charliesheen wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:22 am
captquint wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:22 pm British paratroopers veterans sitting across from their own younger selves in the same plane which dropped them over Normandy

Now their government will lock 'em up for an untoward word to the Huns, or anybody for that matter.
Shut the fuck up and bring your cunty puling back to sfw

One of these guys says you should chill the fuck out.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
8-TrackJones
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by 8-TrackJones »

Klaatu ......Barada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I blame Biker.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

I blame Biker.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Charliesheen wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:08 pm Image
Young CHEEZY is contemplating becoming an aircraft mechanic. We're trying to nudge him toward the engineering side of it but the fucking kid loves taking shit apart and fixing things.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

My niece's husband is the same way - he's a mechanical engineer. Solid money and opportunity to move up in the company. When your body wears out as you get older, the ability to not have to do mechanical work is pretty appealing.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:17 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:08 pm Image
Young CHEEZY is contemplating becoming an aircraft mechanic. We're trying to nudge him toward the engineering side of it but the fucking kid loves taking shit apart and fixing things.

If he could get interested in the avionics side of things he would have a great career. Airframes and Powerplant Mechanics I'm not sure how much of a demand nowadays. Probably if you can get into a Boeing or something it would be good.
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

23 year old Loyce Edward Deen, was a gunner on a TBM Avenger.

On November 5, 1944, Deen's squadron participated in a raid on Manila where his plane was hit multiple times by anti-aircraft fire while attacking a Japanese cruiser.

Deen was killed. The Avenger's pilot, Lt Robert Cosgrove, managed to return to his carrier, the USS Essex.

Both Deen and the plane had been shot up so badly that it was decided to leave him in it.

It is the only time in U.S. Navy history that an aviator was purposely buried in his aircraft after being killed in action.

Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuhOrXVhNRz ... _copy_link

Couldn't figure out how to copy the video over, definitely worth a watch.
What if it was one guy with six guns?
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Homebrew wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:33 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/BuhOrXVhNRz ... _copy_link

Couldn't figure out how to copy the video over, definitely worth a watch.

I blame Biker.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

8-TrackJones wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:12 am
It's funny they have to do those tests with an actual plane or ship carcass. Like, a wooden mock-up wouldn't do.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:31 pm
It's funny they have to do those tests with an actual plane or ship carcass. Like, a wooden mock-up wouldn't do.
Well it wouldn't for assessing damage to the airframe, likelihood of detonating ordinance on the plane etc. It's all valuable information, especially in early testing, and the planes they use are going for scrap anyway.

Admittedly it's a bit harsh to have a retired pilot in the cockpit, but that does save on retirement costs.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:31 pm
I in early stages of testing a static test (bomb isn't flying) the bomb is surrounded by Celotex panels so fragmentation patterns can be detected. The bomb depicted in the video had a penetration charge that allowed it through the barrier and the main destructive charge. Each are tested separately before a complete system test. The use of airframes also acts as a better demonstration for trying to drum up sales of the weapon.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Executive Order from President Trump yesterday overturning another Obama rule about publishing drone civilian deaths. Since he's already made Obama's 8 years essentially moot, makes sense since as far as I know, he's never approved a drone strike and is getting us out of these shithole wars started by Bush and Obama. Comments?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:06 am Executive Order from President Trump yesterday overturning another Obama rule about publishing drone civilian deaths. Since he's already made Obama's 8 years essentially moot, makes sense since as far as I know, he's never approved a drone strike and is getting us out of these shithole wars started by Bush and Obama. Comments?
As far as you know. You should've stopped right there. Trump has approved drone strikes and now we won't know if he does so on civilian targets. Trump approved the largest non nuke bomb in the american arsenal
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:06 am Executive Order from President Trump yesterday overturning another Obama rule about publishing drone civilian deaths. Since he's already made Obama's 8 years essentially moot, makes sense since as far as I know, he's never approved a drone strike and is getting us out of these shithole wars started by Bush and Obama. Comments?
Even though you're a racist piece of shit I find it funny that you endorse a president from NY/NJ that has a golf course right down the block from me. Are you gonna vote for Trump in the 2020 election too?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

captquint wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:16 am
As far as you know. You should've stopped right there. Trump has approved drone strikes and now we won't know if he does so on civilian targets. Trump approved the largest non nuke bomb in the american arsenal
Good. Killed enemies . And now extracting us out of almost 20 years years of useless wars. But, I understand- "Orange Man Bad".
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:30 am
captquint wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:16 am
Good. Killed enemies . And now extracting us out of almost 20 years years of useless wars. But, I understand- "Orange Man Bad".
& He's not from Texas bitch, he lives right next to me.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Useless texas retard babble