Trump Mobilizing Military Against Protestors

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Trump Mobilizing Military Against Protestors

Post by spudoc »

Remember way back when Obama had scheduled military exercises in Texas and the right lost their collective minds over the “Jade Helm Invasion”? That it was a cover for Obama to round up opposition groups?
Now you have a president using troops to quell protests and the right is all on board.
What a bunch of frauds.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Trump Mobilizing Military Against Protestors

Post by CaptQuint »

In before the ballwashers get here and say that Posse Comitatus doesn't apply to Trump
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Putin is laughing his ass off
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

The U.S. Department of Defense Law of War Manual is also explicit on the prohibition against “no quarter” orders in Section 5.5.7:

Prohibition Against Declaring That No Quarter Be Given. It is forbidden to declare that no quarter will be given. This means that it is prohibited to order that legitimate offers of surrender will be refused or that detainees, such as unprivileged belligerents, will be summarily executed. Moreover, it is also prohibited to conduct hostilities on the basis that there shall be no survivors, or to threaten the adversary with the denial of quarter.This rule is based on both humanitarian and military considerations. This rule also applies during non-international armed conflict.

United States Republican Senator advocated war crimes
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i never met even one person that lost their mind over those military exercises in Texas. And I mean that. I never heard one person claim they thought it was anything more than it was. An excercise. Now, I heard there were people claiming it was something sinister or whatever. but everyone i knew did big eyerolls at that.

i know the police chief in dallas shut the shit down pretty quick. i think they had one night of it. but the police chief said that peaceful protests are fine, but the minute they turn into more than that, then the arrests start. and they arrested a lot of people. misdemeanors, so they got out pretty quick, but it boils a crowd down from hundreds to just the ones willing to add an arrest to their record.

the dallas police chief don't take no shit from the looters and trouble makers.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:53 am i never met even one person that lost their mind over those military exercises in Texas. And I mean that. I never heard one person claim they thought it was anything more than it was. An excercise. Now, I heard there were people claiming it was something sinister or whatever. but everyone i knew did big eyerolls at that.

i know the police chief in dallas shut the shit down pretty quick. i think they had one night of it. but the police chief said that peaceful protests are fine, but the minute they turn into more than that, then the arrests start. and they arrested a lot of people. misdemeanors, so they got out pretty quick, but it boils a crowd down from hundreds to just the ones willing to add an arrest to their record.

Your governor thought enough about it that he had the Texas State Guard monitor the movements of the US Military.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:45 am
Flumper wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:53 am i never met even one person that lost their mind over those military exercises in Texas. And I mean that. I never heard one person claim they thought it was anything more than it was. An excercise. Now, I heard there were people claiming it was something sinister or whatever. but everyone i knew did big eyerolls at that.

Your governor thought enough about it that he had the Texas State Guard monitor the movements of the US Military.
probably a political stunt on the governor's part.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:47 am

Yeah it’s important to pander to the conspiracy theory fringe.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:49 am
Flumper wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:47 am

Yeah it’s important to pander to the conspiracy theory fringe.
who fucking knows. all i know is that it was a non story here. and the governor was new to the job at the time. was some kind of harm done?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

he might have done it so those "right to carry" loons didn't think they needed to do it themselves. you know, diffuse a situation before it starts.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:54 am he might have done it so those "right to carry" loons didn't think they needed to do it themselves. you know, diffuse a situation before it starts.
Yeah that’s why
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

He broke up a peaceful protest against police brutality using brutal police tactics including tear gas, solely so he could do a photo op. Even the trumpcucks have to be troubled by that one, it's full blown banana republic stuff. You have reporters being attacked and arrested while your president derps about fake news. Y'all should be on the streets burning shit.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

We are at war!

-I love to be buttfucked Stapes
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

AnalHamster wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:31 am He broke up a peaceful protest against police brutality using brutal police tactics including tear gas, solely so he could do a photo op. Even the trumpcucks have to be troubled by that one, it's full blown banana republic stuff. You have reporters being attacked and arrested while your president derps about fake news. Y'all should be on the streets burning shit.
How about looting an under- insured start up microbrewery? That’d really scare democrat pols into doing something about the police and prison unions.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:36 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:31 am He broke up a peaceful protest against police brutality using brutal police tactics including tear gas, solely so he could do a photo op. Even the trumpcucks have to be troubled by that one, it's full blown banana republic stuff. You have reporters being attacked and arrested while your president derps about fake news. Y'all should be on the streets burning shit.
How about looting an under- insured start up microbrewery? That’d really scare democrat pols into doing something about the police and prison unions.
Keep whimpering Chuck, it's a great look.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

I don’t know who’s whimpering. But I do know who has become an insufferable whiner. Take a step back and look at all the effort you expend at spewing orange man spittle.

Tell the group what the payoff is.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:05 pm I don’t know who’s whimpering. But I do know who has become an insufferable whiner. Take a step back and look at all the effort you expend at spewing orange man spittle.

he's working his way up the lefty propoganda trail. at some point he will get standing room only seats at a Joe Biden skype rally.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:05 pm I don’t know who’s whimpering. But I do know who has become an insufferable whiner. Take a step back and look at all the effort you expend at spewing orange man spittle.

Remember how it took years but we finally got posthuman to admit he was in reality an actual Democrat cog? I'm starting to think our boy cap might be in the same boat. He's just waaaay too invested in the anti trump pro Democrat posting.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Trump’s threat to send in troops just got more ugly and dangerous

By
Greg Sargent
Opinion writer

We need to be absolutely clear on this: President Trump’s new vow to send troops into U.S. cities is in response to a threat that is entirely fabricated.

On Monday night, when Trump addressed the nation after peaceful protesters were forcibly cleared away for him, he noted that if cities or states don’t “defend” residents, then “I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them.”

Importantly, in justifying this threat, Trump cited “acts of domestic terror.” He described this as made up of “professional anarchists” and “violent mobs” and “looters” and “antifa.”

But there is no actual or meaningful “domestic terror” threat driving these protests. To whatever degree those other categories are contributing to the violence, it is not meaningfully driven by “domestic terror.”

When Trump recently claimed to be designating antifa a domestic terror organization, many pointed out that he doesn’t have the legal authority to do this. Antifa isn’t really a group, and the federal government can designate only foreign groups as terrorist organizations.

But we need to take the next step here, and make it absolutely clear that the larger claim that “domestic terror” is driving the violence and mayhem is a complete fabrication.

“It’s a fabricated ‘terrorist’ threat,” Ned Price, a national security adviser to former president Barack Obama, told me. “No one argues that there haven’t been episodes of violence. But those episodes can’t faithfully be described as terrorism, domestic or international.”

But here’s the rub: Trump and many members of his administration continue to use the phrase “domestic terrorism” to describe what’s happening.

For instance, Attorney General William P. Barr recently said that “the violence instigated and carried out by antifa and other similar groups” is “domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly.”

And Mark Morgan, the acting Customs and Border Protection commissioner, has now explicitly declared that the protests have “devolved into acts of domestic terrorism," to justify deploying CBP personnel to Washington.

Here you see senior members of Trump’s administration using this language to justify concrete law enforcement policies. But this language describes something that isn’t actually happening.

There is no domestic terrorism statute. And while certain types of violent domestic groups are often described as “homegrown violent extremists” — for instance, white supremacist groups — there is no legitimate way to claim that this is what we’re seeing with the protests.

An authoritarian set-piece
We’re now learning new details that underscore the degree to which Trump’s threats of military violence are functioning as an authoritarian set-piece designed to galvanize his base for reelection purposes.

The Post reports that in the lead-up to his staged visit to the church, which followed tear-gassing and force to clear away peaceful protesters, Trump “was upset about news coverage of him briefly retreating to the White House bunker Friday evening amid protests.”

Meanwhile, Axios reports that some top aides feared that amid Trump’s passivity, “the conservative base was turning on him.” And this:

One senior aide was exuberantly telling friends the photograph of him holding a Bible in front of the church that had been attacked by vandals was an “iconic” moment for the president.
And right on cue, some leading Republicans are underscoring this interpretation:

This is the stuff of authoritarian cults. One wonders how many more Republicans will respond to the use of military force against unarmed protesters to clear a path for Trump’s authoritarian propaganda set-piece by hailing his … bravery, thus reinforcing the set-piece’s intended message.

It’s in this context that we need to appreciate that the rationale Trump is offering for the threat of further military action is completely invented.

This isn’t to say that there isn’t violence; of course there is, and it should be roundly condemned and dealt with. Rather, it’s to say that Trump and senior administration officials are transforming the threat into something vastly different in scale and character than it actually is, either to justify the vow of military action against it, or, worse, to justify acting on that vow.

To be clear, the statute that Trump would need to invoke to send in the military to deal with violence and disorder — the Insurrection Act of 1807 — doesn’t require him to invoke a “domestic terror” threat, however that phrase is used, though there’s some debate over whether a state must request a military presence first.

But we shouldn’t overlook the importance of the fact that senior administration officials are using this language to completely distort the true nature of the threat.

As Price notes, we colloquially use “domestic terrorism” to refer to everything from “lone wolf” perpetrators of violence to organized far-right groups, but the phrase doesn’t have legal significance. And regardless, there’s no way to apply this term to what we’re seeing now.

“If you think of terrorists as those whose goal is political, to instill fear, I don’t think that’s what we’re seeing here,” Price told me. “In the overwhelming majority of cases, we’re seeing people exercising their First Amendment rights and doing so peacefully.”

“The cases we’ve seen in which there’s been violence and looting can’t be fairly described as domestic terrorism — even in the colloquial sense,” Price continued. “Their intent doesn’t appear to be to instill fear.”

And so, this language appears designed to create a justification for Trump to make his threat of military action, thus glorifying it (or worse).

“This is the president, the attorney general, and others in his administration using the language of incitement to lay the predicate for a more dramatic and even militarized response,” Price told me. “It seems to lay the predicate for more ominous action.”

Even if the threat doesn’t come to fruition, the threat itself is an extraordinary abuse of power, given that its rationale is invented.

But given that Trump has now demonstrated his commitment to using the protests as a foil to demonstrate his toughness, in contrast with alleged Democratic weakness, this fabrication of a “domestic terror” threat to justify military action to accomplish that propagandistic goal must be taken more seriously.

https://www.washingtonpost.com./opinion ... dangerous/
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:17 pm Trump’s threat to send in troops just got more ugly and dangerous

By
Greg Sargent
Opinion writer

We need to be absolutely clear on this: President Trump’s new vow to send troops into U.S. cities is in response to a threat that is entirely fabricated.

On Monday night, when Trump addressed the nation after peaceful protesters were forcibly cleared away for him, he noted that if cities or states don’t “defend” residents, then “I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them.”

Importantly, in justifying this threat, Trump cited “acts of domestic terror.” He described this as made up of “professional anarchists” and “violent mobs” and “looters” and “antifa.”

But there is no actual or meaningful “domestic terror” threat driving these protests. To whatever degree those other categories are contributing to the violence, it is not meaningfully driven by “domestic terror.”

When Trump recently claimed to be designating antifa a domestic terror organization, many pointed out that he doesn’t have the legal authority to do this. Antifa isn’t really a group, and the federal government can designate only foreign groups as terrorist organizations.

But we need to take the next step here, and make it absolutely clear that the larger claim that “domestic terror” is driving the violence and mayhem is a complete fabrication.

“It’s a fabricated ‘terrorist’ threat,” Ned Price, a national security adviser to former president Barack Obama, told me. “No one argues that there haven’t been episodes of violence. But those episodes can’t faithfully be described as terrorism, domestic or international.”

But here’s the rub: Trump and many members of his administration continue to use the phrase “domestic terrorism” to describe what’s happening.

For instance, Attorney General William P. Barr recently said that “the violence instigated and carried out by antifa and other similar groups” is “domestic terrorism and will be treated accordingly.”

And Mark Morgan, the acting Customs and Border Protection commissioner, has now explicitly declared that the protests have “devolved into acts of domestic terrorism," to justify deploying CBP personnel to Washington.

Here you see senior members of Trump’s administration using this language to justify concrete law enforcement policies. But this language describes something that isn’t actually happening.

There is no domestic terrorism statute. And while certain types of violent domestic groups are often described as “homegrown violent extremists” — for instance, white supremacist groups — there is no legitimate way to claim that this is what we’re seeing with the protests.

An authoritarian set-piece
We’re now learning new details that underscore the degree to which Trump’s threats of military violence are functioning as an authoritarian set-piece designed to galvanize his base for reelection purposes.

The Post reports that in the lead-up to his staged visit to the church, which followed tear-gassing and force to clear away peaceful protesters, Trump “was upset about news coverage of him briefly retreating to the White House bunker Friday evening amid protests.”

Meanwhile, Axios reports that some top aides feared that amid Trump’s passivity, “the conservative base was turning on him.” And this:

One senior aide was exuberantly telling friends the photograph of him holding a Bible in front of the church that had been attacked by vandals was an “iconic” moment for the president.
And right on cue, some leading Republicans are underscoring this interpretation:

This is the stuff of authoritarian cults. One wonders how many more Republicans will respond to the use of military force against unarmed protesters to clear a path for Trump’s authoritarian propaganda set-piece by hailing his … bravery, thus reinforcing the set-piece’s intended message.

It’s in this context that we need to appreciate that the rationale Trump is offering for the threat of further military action is completely invented.

This isn’t to say that there isn’t violence; of course there is, and it should be roundly condemned and dealt with. Rather, it’s to say that Trump and senior administration officials are transforming the threat into something vastly different in scale and character than it actually is, either to justify the vow of military action against it, or, worse, to justify acting on that vow.

To be clear, the statute that Trump would need to invoke to send in the military to deal with violence and disorder — the Insurrection Act of 1807 — doesn’t require him to invoke a “domestic terror” threat, however that phrase is used, though there’s some debate over whether a state must request a military presence first.

But we shouldn’t overlook the importance of the fact that senior administration officials are using this language to completely distort the true nature of the threat.

As Price notes, we colloquially use “domestic terrorism” to refer to everything from “lone wolf” perpetrators of violence to organized far-right groups, but the phrase doesn’t have legal significance. And regardless, there’s no way to apply this term to what we’re seeing now.

“If you think of terrorists as those whose goal is political, to instill fear, I don’t think that’s what we’re seeing here,” Price told me. “In the overwhelming majority of cases, we’re seeing people exercising their First Amendment rights and doing so peacefully.”

“The cases we’ve seen in which there’s been violence and looting can’t be fairly described as domestic terrorism — even in the colloquial sense,” Price continued. “Their intent doesn’t appear to be to instill fear.”

And so, this language appears designed to create a justification for Trump to make his threat of military action, thus glorifying it (or worse).

“This is the president, the attorney general, and others in his administration using the language of incitement to lay the predicate for a more dramatic and even militarized response,” Price told me. “It seems to lay the predicate for more ominous action.”

Even if the threat doesn’t come to fruition, the threat itself is an extraordinary abuse of power, given that its rationale is invented.

But given that Trump has now demonstrated his commitment to using the protests as a foil to demonstrate his toughness, in contrast with alleged Democratic weakness, this fabrication of a “domestic terror” threat to justify military action to accomplish that propagandistic goal must be taken more seriously.

https://www.washingtonpost.com./opinion ... dangerous/
you really are a stupid fuck. you should slow down and actually read the content of the garbage you post. not just the headline.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

and not even a mask. that must terrify the lefties.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:22 pm
Not to mention all of the peaceful protestors they gassed on his way to a photo op at the church. And the preacher there was pissed.