Actors demand ‘blacklist’ of Trump supporters in Hollywood

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Actors demand ‘blacklist’ of Trump supporters in Hollywood

Post by beagleboy »

https://www.rt.com/usa/467822-messing-t ... -mccarthy/

Entertainment industry figures could soon find themselves on a “blacklist” of Donald Trump supporters if Will & Grace co-stars Debra Messing and Eric McCormack have their way. Have we reached peak neo-McCarthyism?

The pair are demanding that the Hollywood Reporter prints a full list of attendees for an upcoming Trump fundraiser in Beverly Hills – an appeal which has drawn natural comparisons to the late Sen. Joe McCarthy’s efforts in the 1950s to rid Hollywood of “Communist sympathizers.”

The difference is, this time the calls for a political blacklist are coming from the Hollywood left itself.

McCormack was the first to request a list of “everyone attending” the upcoming Beverly Hills fundraiser, “so the rest of us can be clear about who we don’t wanna (sic) work with.” Messing soon joined in, tweeting that the “public has a right to know” who is supporting Trump.

The public does indeed have a “right to know” who a political candidate’s donors are – particularly when those donors are rich and powerful. This is exactly why campaign finance information is made publicly available online. Few would argue against this kind of transparency in a democracy, because voters are entitled to know how their elected officials are being influenced on policy matters.

The motivation behind Messing and McCormack’s blacklist, however, is entirely different and even sinister. They are not concerned that Hollywood celebrities might be influencing Trump on policy. It’s far simpler than that: They want those who disagree with their politics to be publicly shamed and punished for it.

Responding to criticism, Messing tweeted that she would be“happy to be listed”when she attends a political fundraiser. Why wouldn’t Trump supporters feel the same? she asked.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: Actors demand ‘blacklist’ of Trump supporters in Hollywood

Post by Wut »

I don't support this at all, people are entitled to their political positions whether I agree with them or not.
wut?
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Messing is a c list celeb at best. She’s happy with any press.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Wut wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:19 pm I don't support this at all, people are entitled to their political positions whether I agree with them or not.
I think the vast majority of people feel the same way. But it's a different story on the internet.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Both actors have made it VERY clear they don't support blacklisting. They just want it known who in Hollywood supports Trump so that they can then morally and ethically hold them responsible for everything Trump does. It's not blacklisting if you publicly shame someone for not agreeing with you.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

beagleboy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:15 pm The difference is, this time the calls for a political blacklist are coming from the Hollywood left itself.
That's actually the same as last time, except last time it was major players in hollywood with the power to enforce their list, whereas this is a couple of sitcom actors. Plus I guess you'd have to have called it the Hollywood right.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Every once in a while you get these turds saying something extreme, expecting to lead the torch brigade, start the slow clap thing..
Then they look around and realize people aren't following them.
"It's not time, yet."

VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Biker wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:29 pm Randy Quaid has already been blacklisted because of his Trump support
Randy Quaid is a loose cannon. A beautiful, beautiful loose cannon.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

It's funny that this Randy character is more sane than the real deal.

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:29 pm Randy Quaid has already been blacklisted because of his Trump support
Dude! Randy Quaid got blacklisted long before Trump even announced he was running. (mostly because he's a mental wackjob)
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Nope. He was blacklisted for a while when he was seeking asylum in Canada to avoid prosecution in the US but that was pre trump and he's been working over the last couple of years. Let's face it though, not a safe hire for a studio because he's a nutjob.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

If Randy is blacklisted, it is because he is as crazy as it gets, and so is his wife.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Randy needs to have his own reality show. It would be the only one I would watch.
I blame Biker.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Stapes wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:44 pm Randy needs to have his own reality show. It would be the only one I would watch.
Wouldn't it technically be an unreality show?
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

beagleboy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:52 pm Both actors have made it VERY clear they don't support blacklisting. They just want it known who in Hollywood supports Trump so that they can then morally and ethically hold them responsible for everything Trump does. It's not blacklisting if you publicly shame someone for not agreeing with you.
I don't think what Messing is doing is properly blacklisting. In this case, she is just wanting the info on who supports Trump to be publicly know. The difference between this and a proper blacklisting is: this is saying *she* won't work with Trump supporters. She'd be blacklisting if she said "..., and you shouldn't either. In fact, you can't and won't, and I'll do something against you, too, if you do work with Trump supporters."

Both sides of the political spectrum have been doing pretty much the same thing for some time.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

https://www.dailywire.com/news/51362/wh ... -paul-bois

People like whoopi don't understand what blacklisting is obviously.

The KKK doesn't want to blacklist "insert demographic" people, they just want them outed so that nobody will work with them.