How could anyone have known?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

DandyDon
Redneck Commie

How could anyone have known?

Post by DandyDon »

Study: the Trump tax cut had no effect on GDP, wages, or growth

The growth effects tend to show a relatively small (if any) first-year effect on the economy,” said the report from the CRS, a nonpartisan think tank that produces economic analyses for members of Congress.

Though Trump bragged that the tax cuts would pay for themselves, the report found that the growth spurred by the tax cuts amounted to 5% or less of the growth needed to fully offset the revenue loss from the Act,” or just 95% short of Trump’s estimate.

https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/R45736.html
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: How could anyone have known?

Post by CaptQuint »

Corporations paid $91 billion less in taxes in 2018 under Trump's tax law

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/corporat ... 45447.html
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Biker wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:31 pm I paid significantly less taxes for last year. In fact, I got cash back (first time since the 1990s)

Im sure was just an anomaly though, right?
People have to pay taxes on allowances from their spouse? Who knew?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:31 pm I paid significantly less taxes for last year. In fact, I got cash back (first time since the 1990s)

Perhaps you could donate that extra cash to help pay off your soaring national debt?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Send it to some poor struggling soybean conglomerate?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:55 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:51 pm

Perhaps you could donate that extra cash to help pay off your soaring national debt?
What makes you think I care about the national debt?
You're right. After all, I'm sure China will bail you out when the time comes.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

And I owed taxes for the first time ever, though I may have gotten a few bucks increase on my paycheck. Not enough to really notice though.

So yeah, it might be an anomaly.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Conservatives used to, until 01/17.
wut?
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Wut wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:49 am

Conservatives are not Republicans. Republicans are the party of Trump, conservatives are extinct.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Dems Presidents lower the debt, Republican Presidents raise it
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Biker wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:58 am
Wut wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:49 am

So Dems never care about the debt?
Yes, that's why deficits declined during the last two Democratic presidencies.
wut?
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

I can tell you this, beach rentals are down in our area this year. That can mean two things: economy is so good people are going to Europe, or economy is on downturn and they are not vacationing or going on cheaper vacations.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Somewhere along the coast. :)
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Considering the new limits on deductions for property and taxes, I'd be surprised if the folks that do summer rentals on the NJ shore aren't taking a hit, and anywhere else that kind of business happens.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:45 pm Considering the new limits on deductions for property and taxes, I'd be surprised if the folks that do summer rentals on the NJ shore aren't taking a hit, and anywhere else that kind of business happens.
Economics would say those costs get passed along, but you can't do that when people aren't renting. We own at a good price, so we make money, but I do a lot of the work myself. If we were paying for all those things we'd be at break even.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

FSchmertz wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:45 pm Considering the new limits on deductions for property and taxes, I'd be surprised if the folks that do summer rentals on the NJ shore aren't taking a hit, and anywhere else that kind of business happens.

I grew up in Manasquan, NJ since the 60's. All the beach properties were just summer bungalows and basically the town was just a little sleepy fishing town. If my parents had just a little foresight and bought up some of those beach bungalows they would be worth multi-millions now. damn it.
I blame Biker.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Stapes wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:12 pm

I grew up in Manasquan, NJ since the 60's. All the beach properties were just summer bungalows and basically the town was just a little sleepy fishing town. If my parents had just a little foresight and bought up some of those beach bungalows they would be worth multi-millions now. damn it.
Then you could say you're a genius in the real estate business and even have ghost writers write "autobiographical" books about you saying what a stable genius you are?

P.S. And you wouldn't even have to lose billions to get there! ;)
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Rental units are different. There aren't any limits to morg interest and taxes, that's only on your primary residence.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

B-Tender wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:45 pm
Rental units are different. There aren't any limits to morg interest and taxes, that's only on your primary residence.
That seems backwards to me, I'd think it would be better to promote primary home ownership.
wut?