Another NHS mess

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Re: Another NHS mess

Post by beagleboy »

Everything is fine.

https://www.nhsconfed.org/resources/201 ... ity-report

The National Audit Office measures the financial sustainability of the NHS, determining that it cannot reasonably be described as ‘sustainable’

The system cannot be described as ‘sustainable’ when one looks at the growth in waiting lists and waiting times, as well as substantial deficits in some parts of the system, offset by surpluses elsewhere. But the report also recognises that the recent long-term plan for the NHS is a commitment to longer-term stable growth in funding for NHS England, which they judge to be a positive development.

The long-term funding settlement does not cover key areas of health spending. The 3.4% average uplift in funding applies to the budget for NHS England and not to the Department’s entire budget. This includes most capital investment for buildings and equipment, prevention initiatives run by Public Health England and local authorities, and funding for doctors’ and nurses’ training. Spending in these areas could affect the NHS’s ability to deliver the priorities of the long-term plan, especially if funding for these areas reduces.

There is a risk that the NHS will be unable to use the extra funding optimally because of staff shortages.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

And still so much better than the US. Kinda sad huh?
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Just like my ex.

When addressing a complaint, “It could always be worse.”
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 10:08 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:30 pm And still so much better than the US. Kinda sad huh?
Well. unless you need to get surgery that is
You might have a longer wait for an elective than a rich person in the US, but if you are a rich person here there's no wait either, we have a private system in parallel. We also have universal cover, a healthier population and spend less than half what y'all do just on your public side. Face it, the nhs is just better.

We've been over this before, it's one of the cheapest and most efficient healthcare systems in the world. If you want to argue we should up spending a few points to bring down wait times on some electives, avoid running at capacity when the winter flu hits worse than usual etc, I'd agree. The conservatives have squeezed it as far as they could, then a little too far over that. The thing you always ignore though is we can literally double spending to give everyone zero wait times and gold plated toilets, and it'll still be cheaper than your mess. It already achieves better health outcomes.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

I saw my Urologist May 23. I have surgery June 5.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

When I broke my knee I had an MRI on it that day, surgery 3 days later, 6 months of outpatient rehab appointments, and the whole thing cost me £8.30 out of pocket for the prescription painkillers. I doubt any of you can dream of that kind of service even if you are lucky enough to have insurance. My nephew was born at 24 weeks a year and a half ago, his medical bills must be in the millions by now but no one has ever needed to see them since lifetime cost caps are an alien concept here. His parents aren't rich, don't have great jobs that would have come with decent medical benefits if anyone needed those here - if he'd been born in America he'd simply be dead right now, born on the wrong side of the rationing system.

If my knee or his life had been an ingrowing toenail or hip replacement though the waiting list would probably have been a few months.

Yeah, I think we'll stick with the NHS.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Admittedly they weren't particularly good painkillers, I didn't even get hooked and have to go to the heron when the doc finally cut me off like I would have in the superior US system. They just gave me the minimum massively addictive drugs needed, in generic form since that's policy, without getting any kickbacks or anything. Sad really, we can learn so much from the US on this.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

megman wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:01 am I saw my Urologist May 23. I have surgery June 5.
Sex reassignment? :)
I blame Biker.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Stapes wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:19 am
megman wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:01 am I saw my Urologist May 23. I have surgery June 5.
Sex reassignment? :)
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal chop off of me.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK