2020 Candidates

For all the MAGA Trumpeteers and Lie-brul Commies to post their wearisome screeds.
necronomous
The Doctor Is In

Re: 2020 Candidates

Post by necronomous » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:29 am

Stapes wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:13 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:10 pm
Stapes wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 pm
lies, cheats , fake videos, bullshit memes, conspiracy theories......the only thing the right has 'cause they don't have the truth on their side.
What's worse, they believe that shit. And gobble up Chumpian declarations that everything is fake news, except HIS fake news! :lol:
Oh wait??? I can hear the footsteps of Cheezy, Antknot, Charlie, Necro and Popcornboy running down the hall to tell me how much a delusional libtard I am blah, blah, vomit.
Not me. I think both sides are full of hooey.

Antknot
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Antknot » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:28 pm

Blame Hollywood. That's what I do, and it's no less useful than blaming someone with an actual conscience.

PopcornSutton
Shit Meme Poster

Post by PopcornSutton » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:16 pm

CHEEZY17
Loves Him Some Ass

Post by CHEEZY17 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:42 pm

Oh, thats a good one! ^^^ :lol:
"Hey fellas, have you you heard the news- you know that Annie's back in town?"

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:05 pm

bet this makes all the Sunday news shows, eh?

CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:11 pm

ooooh The National Russia Association
“ “I think we’re gonna be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that’s going to, sort of, just disappear — I hope,” Mr Trump told Fox Business on Wednesday" President Donald John Trump 7/1/2020

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:00 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:11 pm
ooooh The National Russia Association
That makes so little sense, even for you.

CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:07 pm

New Senate Report Alleges NRA Acted As ‘Foreign Asset’ For Russia Before 2016 Election

Topline: A new investigation by Democrats on the Senate Finance Committee found that the National Rifle Association acted as a “foreign asset” for Russia ahead of the 2016 election, raising key questions about the gun group’s possible violation of tax laws.

The 77-page report, released on Friday morning by Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon, concluded an 18-month probe by Democrats on the committee looking into the NRA’s ties to Russian officials, NPR first reported.
The findings provide new detail on the extent to which the NRA provided political access for Russian nationals Maria Butina and Alexander Torshin: Even though they were aware of the two individuals’ links to the Kremlin, top NRA officials paid for and facilitated their access to American politicians and political organizations.
The investigation also found that several top officials, including Pete Brownell, who later became NRA president, traveled to Russia in 2015 “primarily or solely for the purpose of advancing personal business interests, rather than advancing the NRA’s tax-exempt purpose.”
The Senate report details how, despite the NRA’s claims to the contrary, there is evidence that the gun group sanctioned the trip and tried to hide various payments related to it.
Wyden says these findings could lead to legal implications for the gun group, such as civil penalties or losing its tax-exempt status. Crucially, a tax-exempt organization is not allowed to use funds for the personal benefit of its officials or for other actions outside of its mission statement.
The NRA hasn’t yet made an official comment, but on Twitter it called the report “misleading” and criticized Democrats for “exaggerat[ing] details to support their narrative.”
Chief critics: The findings sharply split the committee, however, leading to a 19-page rebuttal from Republican members. Led by Senator Charles Grassley of Iowa, Republicans claim that the report paints a false picture of the NRA, using “facts and innuendo that together actually demonstrate little to nothing.”

Crucial quote: “During the 2016 election, Russian nationals effectively used the promise of lucrative personal business opportunities to capture the NRA and gain access to the American political system,” Wyden said on Friday. “The totality of evidence uncovered during my investigation, as well as the mounting evidence of rampant self-dealing, indicate the NRA may have violated tax laws.”

What to watch for: The next step, according to Wyden, is for the Internal Revenue Service to launch its own investigation into the NRA and whether it violated tax laws.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeikleb ... da474a6852
“ “I think we’re gonna be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that’s going to, sort of, just disappear — I hope,” Mr Trump told Fox Business on Wednesday" President Donald John Trump 7/1/2020

CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:14 pm

Maria Butina developed a reputation in Russia for her love of guns - but it was her involvement with the National Rifle Association (NRA) that led to her getting in trouble with US authorities.

At the end of 2018 she pleaded guilty to being directed by a Russian government official to "establish unofficial lines of communication with Americans having power and influence over American politics".

The FBI said she plotted to use political groups, including the NRA, to establish "back channel" communication with official figures with the ultimate aim of influencing US foreign policy in favour of Russia.

Butina was given an 18-month sentence for her role in the endeavour and expressed regret at her involvement at trial.

Having been given credit for time served, the 30-year-old was released from custody slightly early on 25 October 2019.

She was expected to be deported immediately to Moscow.

Butina's arrest, in July 2018, was originally revealed within hours of President Donald Trump's heavily- criticised Helsinki summit with President Vladimir Putin.

Russia has maintained the charges against her are "fabricated" and that she is being pursued for "politically motivated" reasons.

Who is Maria Butina?
Born in the southern Siberian city of Barnaul in 1988, according to her Facebook page, she has enjoyed using weapons ever since she was a child, picking up a gun for the first time at the age of 10.

She went to the local Altai state university to study political and educational science. She appears to have been politically engaged and active in the university debating society.

Butina then set up a private furniture company, travelling widely abroad and remaining politically active with the youth wing of Vladimir Putin's United Russia party. And yet she attracted praise from opposition leader Alexei Navalny, who spoke of her as a "decent person".

Maria Butina says she has felt passionate about gun rights from a young age
Promoting gun rights was clearly a deep passion - she founded a group called the Right to Bear Arms and called for the sale of short-barrelled firearms to civilians to be made legal.

This, she argued, was "one of the last wishes of Mikhail Kalashnikov", the inventor of the AK-47 rifle.

The Russian edition of GQ magazine wrote an admiring profile, complete with photos of her in high heels and Versace, with revolvers in her hands.

Her self-defense drive fell flat because of government opposition.

But her movement continued to grow and one of its members was Alexander Torshin, a member of the Russian senate and deputy chairman of the Russian Central Bank.

He had close ties to the American NRA and Maria Butina became his "unpaid special assistant".

Mr Torshin was placed under US Treasury sanctions in April 2018, and is being investigated by the FBI over allegations of funnelling money to the NRA to aid the Trump campaign.

Although unnamed in the plea deal, Mr Torshin is clearly the Russian with whom Butina admitted conspiring in the plea deal. He retired from the bank in November 2018 and has not been charged.

Moving from Russia to US
Butina began travelling to the US for NRA conventions, apparently armed with a plan called The Diplomacy Project, aimed at setting up unofficial channels aimed at influencing US policy.

In 2015 she attended a Trump campaign event in Las Vegas, asking the presidential candidate about his views on US sanctions in Russia.

In December 2015 she invited NRA officials to Moscow, and they held meetings with "high-level Russian government officials" organised by Mr Torshin.

By 2016 she had a student visa for a Master's degree at American University in Washington DC.

She was living at the time with 56-year-old Paul Erickson, a South Dakota-based conservative political activist. He is alleged to have helped her pursue her plan.

She attended a National Prayer Breakfast in 2017 where President Trump gave a speech. "It is important to support Trump morally," she was quoted as saying in the Russian press.

She never shied away from a public profile. In one piece on the Russian Snob website she said her dream was "to live in a prosperous, highly developed country, leading in the world, and without migration".

In another interview in 2016 with the Russian-based Guns website, she said she hoped that the Russian government would allow her organisation "to work with young children in schools" - like the NRA in the US.

Her Facebook profile, and all the gun-toting images of her on it, remained active after her arrest.

A user claiming to be her sister updated her page asking for donations and even shared a video of her, apparently speaking while in detention.

'No spy qualities'
Alexander Torshin has made no comment on her arrest but the FBI said the two shared a string of messages when she was in the US.

He is under US sanctions, but has not been charged for his alleged role. In 2019 Republicans in the US Federal Election Commission (FEC) blocked further investigation of Mr Torshin and alleged illegal funding to the NRA from Russians.

Maria Butina's father has condemned the accusations against her
Butina's father Valery has called the charges against her "psychopathic and a witch-hunt". Her lawyer, Robert Driscoll, described her as an "ambitious young woman" not a political agent.

But under her plea deal, Maria Butina admitted to the charge of conspiracy. Despite prosecutors' claims that she damaged US national security, Butina insisted that she had no intention of harming the American people.

"I destroyed my own life," she told the court. "I came to the United States not under any orders, but with hope, and now nothing remains but penitence."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44885633

Charlie is traitorous dupe. And so is anyone who gives The NRA money

Antknot
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Antknot » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:16 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:07 pm
New Senate Report Alleges NRA Acted As ‘Foreign Asset’ For Russia Before 2016 Election

Topline: A new investigation by Democrats on the Senate Finance Committee found that the National Rifle Association acted as a “foreign asset” for Russia ahead of the 2016 election, raising key questions about the gun group’s possible violation of tax laws.

The 77-page report, released on Friday morning by Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon, concluded an 18-month probe by Democrats on the committee looking into the NRA’s ties to Russian officials, NPR first reported.
The findings provide new detail on the extent to which the NRA provided political access for Russian nationals Maria Butina and Alexander Torshin: Even though they were aware of the two individuals’ links to the Kremlin, top NRA officials paid for and facilitated their access to American politicians and political organizations.
The investigation also found that several top officials, including Pete Brownell, who later became NRA president, traveled to Russia in 2015 “primarily or solely for the purpose of advancing personal business interests, rather than advancing the NRA’s tax-exempt purpose.”
The Senate report details how, despite the NRA’s claims to the contrary, there is evidence that the gun group sanctioned the trip and tried to hide various payments related to it.
Wyden says these findings could lead to legal implications for the gun group, such as civil penalties or losing its tax-exempt status. Crucially, a tax-exempt organization is not allowed to use funds for the personal benefit of its officials or for other actions outside of its mission statement.
The NRA hasn’t yet made an official comment, but on Twitter it called the report “misleading” and criticized Democrats for “exaggerat[ing] details to support their narrative.”
Chief critics: The findings sharply split the committee, however, leading to a 19-page rebuttal from Republican members. Led by Senator Charles Grassley of Iowa, Republicans claim that the report paints a false picture of the NRA, using “facts and innuendo that together actually demonstrate little to nothing.”

Crucial quote: “During the 2016 election, Russian nationals effectively used the promise of lucrative personal business opportunities to capture the NRA and gain access to the American political system,” Wyden said on Friday. “The totality of evidence uncovered during my investigation, as well as the mounting evidence of rampant self-dealing, indicate the NRA may have violated tax laws.”

What to watch for: The next step, according to Wyden, is for the Internal Revenue Service to launch its own investigation into the NRA and whether it violated tax laws.

So Democrats “allege”. Not bipartisan?
Blame Hollywood. That's what I do, and it's no less useful than blaming someone with an actual conscience.

CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:20 pm

Antknot wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:16 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:07 pm

So Democrats “allege”. Not bipartisan?
Is selling out to a foreign adversary bipartisan?

“There’s …there’s two people, I think, Putin pays: [California Representative Dana] Rohrabacher and Trump … [laughter] … swear to God.” Leader of the House Republican Conference Kevin McCarthy R

CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:14 pm

Is Rudy back from his fact finding mission in the Ukraine? Where is his amazing pile of facts that he was eager to show about hunter Biden? Where is the official investigation and arrest?

PopcornSutton
Shit Meme Poster

Post by PopcornSutton » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:45 pm

Biker wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:36 pm
PopcornSutton wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:16 pm
Youre not going to be very happy next January when Joe is getting sworn in :lol:
Sheeeeiiittttt! He ain't got a chance.

CHEEZY17
Loves Him Some Ass

Post by CHEEZY17 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:55 am

A 'Never Biden' movement vows not to vote for Joe

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/1 ... ent-127438

AnalHamster
Gives Head Moderator

Post by AnalHamster » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:07 pm

Bernie will endorse Biden and bring most of his supporters along. The Bernie wing of the dem party are still patriots, they understand the need to save the country from the despicable personality cult traitors who support the dear leader. A palate cleansing healing Biden presidency will set things back on course for the real reform y'all need anyway, right now you just need saving. A majority of the senate of the United States are currently traitors, this is not a tenable position for your democracy. There's nothing the next potus could do first term no matter who it is except begin to repair the damage, some of which cannot be repaired in the short to medium term. A country that welches cannot be trusted, and that's gonna take a while to repair.

necronomous
The Doctor Is In

Post by necronomous » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 pm

AnalHamster wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:07 pm
Bernie will endorse Biden and bring most of his supporters along. The Bernie wing of the dem party are still patriots, they understand the need to save the country from the despicable personality cult traitors who support the dear leader. A palate cleansing healing Biden presidency will set things back on course for the real reform y'all need anyway, right now you just need saving. A majority of the senate of the United States are currently traitors, this is not a tenable position for your democracy. There's nothing the next potus could do first term no matter who it is except begin to repair the damage, some of which cannot be repaired in the short to medium term. A country that welches cannot be trusted, and that's gonna take a while to repair.
This is all full of shit and wrong

AnalHamster
Gives Head Moderator

Post by AnalHamster » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:41 pm

How surprising that my obsessive fan club vp is derping nothing at me again. Get therapy, you sad old fart.

Stapes
Worlds Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:57 pm

necronomous wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 pm
AnalHamster wrote:

Every word is spot-on. You should have such clarity

necronomous
The Doctor Is In

Post by necronomous » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:12 am

Stapes wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:57 pm
necronomous wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 pm
AnalHamster wrote:

Every word is spot-on. You should have such clarity
Here's some rare tissue. You should wipe that brown spot off your nose.

CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:18 am

AnalHamster
Gives Head Moderator

Post by AnalHamster » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:29 am

Biker wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:59 pm
AnalHamster wrote:
Comical considering that its the UK who are hoping for a mass infection of coronavirus on its peeps
I'm not seeing how you think those things are remotely related, but 60% yes. It's the target for herd immunity and the aim is to get there as soon as possible without overwhelming the medical services. I will explain it to you if you like, try to concentrate. Your own government wil have reached the same conclusion, they just lie to you. The pandemic is unstoppable now, it cannot be contained by quarantining new arrivals because it is already spreading in the population amongst people who have had no known contact with high risk people. This is just as true in the US as it is in the UK, so the containment phase where testing and quarantine is used to keep it out is over. That failed, lessons for the next pandemic perhaps but no longer useful.

We're now in the mitigation phase, assume anyone with symptoms has it and tell them to isolate. The aim is to prevent the health system being overwhelmed by the 10% or so of infected who need hospital care. Herd immunity kicks in at around 60%, so what you need to do is to slow the rate of new infections to reach that point without overwhelming the healthcare system. The UK and most of Europe are far better placed to do this than the US, not least because we can recognise this is what needs to be done and aren't going to bankrupt people to get treated or lie to them about it.

CHEEZY17
Loves Him Some Ass

Post by CHEEZY17 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:37 am

I'd say that is what is basically happening here. Shut down schools and large gatherings. Shut down some businesses too. Its no longer possible to stop so the next best thing is to slow it the fuck down. Best case scenario is that we mitigate its spread with these actions to a slow enough rate that it isnt a doomsday scene in our hospitals.

FSchmertz
Cant Stop Watching His Avatar

Post by FSchmertz » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:38 am

CHEEZY17 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:37 am
I'd say that is what is basically happening here. Shut down schools and large gatherings. Shut down some businesses too. Its no longer possible to stop so the next best thing is to slow it the fuck down. Best case scenario is that we mitigate its spread with these actions to a slow enough rate that it isnt a doomsday scene in our hospitals.
Yeah, we missed our chance to stop it (so did pretty much everyone else except China and maybe South Korea). Now we need to "flatten the slope" as you say. And hopefully they can get a vaccine out in record time.

CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché

Post by CaptQuint » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:45 am

flatten the slope

:shock:

FSchmertz
Cant Stop Watching His Avatar

Post by FSchmertz » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:55 am

CaptQuint wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:45 am
flatten the slope

:shock:
It's also called "flattening the curve"