Why is Beto campaigning in Mexico if illegals don't vote?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Why is Beto campaigning in Mexico if illegals don't vote?

Post by Antknot »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Why is Beto campaigning in Mexico if illegals don't vote?

Post by CaptQuint »

Did you read the article?
O’Rourke hopes to “shed light on the desperate circumstances those who are seeking asylum and refuge are fleeing, and the conditions these families and individuals are forced to endure when they’ve been turned away from our borders.” That includes meeting with people and organizations providing immigrants care and assistance in Mexico.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Sounds like campaigning to me.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

It may be difficult for you to comprehend, but there are american voters who are ashamed of how america is treating people at the border. As they should be. Tearing little kids away from the parents as a deterrent is just a sick tactic, it's so sick that even the people who did it and support it have to pretend it was just a woopsie that they didn't mean. The congressional delegation that just visited a border camp are reporting systematic abuse being done for the same basic reason, torture people for attempting to seek refuge in the US and maybe it'll deter other desperate people from trying it. At least that's the reason for the leadership, the concentration camp guards are just sadists who are having a good time.
https://www.propublica.org/article/secr ... ign=buffer

I don't see why there's controversy over using the term concentration camp, not only is it literally accurate, but we're also seeing how the mentality that allowed the nazi ones started in real time. You've got some sick puppies guarding the camps, and that's actually a bonus for the job they're being asked to do. Decent people will request tranfers or find other work, while the people who share biker memes have found their calling. I'm not saying there's any real danger of stephen miller getting to implement his final solution, the american institutions already pushing back are being weakened but will survive trump. But dayum, you can really see how it starts here.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Yep, its only a matter of time until the death camps start.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:21 am Yep, its only a matter of time until the death camps start.
Literally the opposite of what I said.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I'm not saying there's any real danger of stephen miller getting to implement his final solution
Yep, its only a matter of time until the death camps start.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Beto is campaigning for the Latino vote, and the democrats on the left who go for that shit. The old school, moderate democrats are being cut out, as no longer needed for the party.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:19 pm Beto is campaigning for the Latino vote, and the democrats on the left who go for that shit. The old school, moderate democrats are being cut out, as no longer needed for the party.
I used to go around and around with stymie about this. I first told him 15 years ago that based on many of their policies moderate Dims and white middle class voters were feeling shunned by the party and that the Dims were losing them. I knew this because I worked in numerous blue collar union and non union facilities were I saw it first hand and they told me so. He always pooh-poohed it like it would never happen.

I understand the Dims shift; its simple math. It's pretty easy to see why they're doing what they're doing. It's just funny that there are those poor saps that deny it. :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:19 pm Beto is campaigning for the Latino vote, and the democrats on the left who go for that shit. The old school, moderate democrats are being cut out, as no longer needed for the party.
The rush to the far left is reflected in the disproportionate representation of LGBT in media. I can't understand the desire to place yourself at the fringe.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

The gays really get your guys panties in a twist eh? Strange.
I blame Biker.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

If music you didn't relate to was played at a disproportionate rate on every radio station would you be happy with it?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

6% of all broadcast characters were gay in 2017. But don't let the facts get in the way of your theory.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

AnalHamster wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:06 pm 6% of all broadcast characters were gay in 2017. But don't let the facts get in the way of your theory.
4% real life vs 6% represented. 50% over.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Antknot wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:10 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:06 pm 6% of all broadcast characters were gay in 2017. But don't let the facts get in the way of your theory.
:lol:

Either 2% over the openly out proportion in gen pop is an overwhelming wave, or it's you obsessing over the gays.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Antknot wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:29 pm
The rush to the far left is reflected in the disproportionate representation of LGBT in media. I can't understand the desire to place yourself at the fringe.
The people with the loudest voice get the most attention. In the Internet/tech era, that’s the fringes, no matter their cause. So universities cater to them, even though the radicals are a small minority, and so does entertainment, etc. I think they don’t even realize how many people in the middle are sitting quietly watching all this.

“What? Transgender women in women’s bathrooms? Catering to illegal aliens?”
Etc.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

God forbid the world doesn't cater to older straight white men, oh lordy will we ever get our time in the sun?

:usa:
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Biker wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:23 pm
That’s not how we do it in the West anymore. Come, complain, get indignant and hostile, wave Mexican flag, flip off citizens. In Europe, do the same, but hold signs that say “freedom go to hell.”
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Pretty much.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:59 pm
Pretty much.
I don't follow the media nearly as much as most here, but aren't most of the vocal complaints coming from Americans?
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

AnalHamster wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:15 pm

Either 2% over the openly out proportion in gen pop is an overwhelming wave, or it's you obsessing over the gays.
Figured you'd try that tactic. Percentages are used to trick people all the time. Do you agree that a real life 4% and a on screen 6% means that on screen there is 1.5 times real life represented?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Antknot wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:07 pm

Figured you'd try that tactic. Percentages are used to trick people all the time. Do you agree that a real life 4% and a on screen 6% means that on screen there is 1.5 times real life represented?
Sure, but are you seriously going to try and pretend you thought this mystical massive over representation was at 6% rather than something more like the 20% biker had it pegged at? And even that was a big increase from the year before. Go back just a year and they're at what you declare to be their proper representation that they must not exceed, which kind of shits on the takeover narrative, no? Anyway 6%. Who is trying to distort that through the magic of stats? Hint: it's you.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:23 am

Sure, but are you seriously going to try and pretend you thought this mystical massive over representation was at 6% rather than something more like the 20% biker had it pegged at? And even that was a big increase from the year before. Go back just a year and they're at what you declare to be their proper representation that they must not exceed, which kind of shits on the takeover narrative, no? Anyway 6%. Who is trying to distort that through the magic of stats? Hint: it's you.
Knowing LGBT are over represented, i never questioned Bikers 20% or your 6% either. I was just pointing out that LGBT ARE over represented.

Now that you bring it up, is your 6% based on all shows aired or on shows new for 2019?
My thinking is that if based on all shows aired , what with the huge amount of reruns the current levels of LGBT representation would be diluted.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

To try to get this thread back on track: It is about illegals voting.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Antknot wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:43 am
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:23 am

Knowing LGBT are over represented, i never questioned Bikers 20% or your 6% either. I was just pointing out that LGBT ARE over represented.

Now that you bring it up, is your 6% based on all shows aired or on shows new for 2019?
My thinking is that if based on all shows aired , what with the huge amount of reruns the current levels of LGBT representation would be diluted.
2019 figures would be released next year, there's an annual survay of all broadcast characters. Naturally reruns will mean the figure is lower, go back only a couple of years and the supposed wave of overrepresentation doesn't exist. The point I'm making is your perceptions were way off, if you're honest about what they were I doubt very much it would have been 'just over the last couple of years they have been oversampled by a whopping couple of percentage points'.