This will appeal to sane voters

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Re: This will appeal to sane voters

Post by AnalHamster »

Wut wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:48 pm
Antknot wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:30 pm
Wut wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:15 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:39 pm Whomever touched the US flag should have been shot on the spot for fucking with Federal proeprty
That's just absurd. For one, if I buy a flag, it's my flag, not property of the federal government.
They didn't buy that flag it WAS owned by the Fed's.

Second, it's expression very clearly protected by the First Amendment.
Damaging someone else's property is ok?
If they had bought the flag it would be lawful (note I didn't say ok)

Third, do conservatives only want speech protected if they agree with it?

I thought your type was all about the Constitution.
My error, I thought we were discussing burning flags generally. Shooting them is still excessive.
Depends on the wind, if it's flapping right toward you standing your ground is probably ok.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 pm Why must we play games with words? Yes, they are concentration camps, in the sense that people are being concentrated in a small area, but we don't make people drink watery soup, or bring out their dead in the morning, or make them bend over a table to be beat with a rod, or line up to be shot to death, or pull a giant street roller behind them as part of work parties...

It is intellectually dishonest to refer to the detention centers as concentration camps, because it's meant to imply or create a mental image of something very different.
Quoted for truth.

The linguistic gymnastics used today to infer ideas, invoke emotions, and manipulate minds, all the while obfuscating reality by employing various shades of half-truths to outright lies, is a truly remarkable, and utterly disgusting, sight to behold.
AnalHamster wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:00 pm People always seem to picture the nazi camps as starting out with half starved people being filtered off to the death chambers. That was the end of a process that started with this, concentrating people, dehumanising them, gradually staffing up with sadistic guards and supervisors as the decent ones found other assignments. Getting normal folks like vince and cheezy et al to accept that the untermensch were only getting what was necessary and deserved, protecting the fatherland. Miller won't get his final solution because he doesn't have time and american institutions are just about withstanding the assault, but you'll never get a clearer sight of how it started in real time.
There are a couple of points that need to be made here:
1) If it is indeed true that these border camps are systematically staffing sadistic guards and supervisors while moving the decent ones away then there is a serious issue at hand that needs immediate correction. Do you have proof of this, or are you just giving us a nice oral history of German concentration camps to deliberately create false parallels?
2) There is a massive difference between rounding legal, law abiding citizens and putting them in camps with an end game of killing them (one way or another) and catching people who are not supposed to be here in the first place. The former couldn't flee while the latter can opt to just go someplace else.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Cassandros wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:53 pm There are a couple of points that need to be made here:
1) If it is indeed true that these border camps are systematically staffing sadistic guards and supervisors while moving the decent ones away then there is a serious issue at hand that needs immediate correction. Do you have proof of this, or are you just giving us a nice oral history of German concentration camps to deliberately create false parallels?
2) There is a massive difference between rounding legal, law abiding citizens and putting them in camps with an end game of killing them (one way or another) and catching people who are not supposed to be here in the first place. The former couldn't flee while the latter can opt to just go someplace else.
So I conclude you'd think it wouldn't be nearly as bad a thing if we started a "final solution" as long as they're not really citizens?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Please don't call our concentration camps concentration camps, you're making us look bad
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Cassandros wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:53 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 pm Why must we play games with words? Yes, they are concentration camps, in the sense that people are being concentrated in a small area, but we don't make people drink watery soup, or bring out their dead in the morning, or make them bend over a table to be beat with a rod, or line up to be shot to death, or pull a giant street roller behind them as part of work parties...

It is intellectually dishonest to refer to the detention centers as concentration camps, because it's meant to imply or create a mental image of something very different.
Quoted for truth.

The linguistic gymnastics used today to infer ideas, invoke emotions, and manipulate minds, all the while obfuscating reality by employing various shades of half-truths to outright lies, is a truly remarkable, and utterly disgusting, sight to behold.
AnalHamster wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:00 pm People always seem to picture the nazi camps as starting out with half starved people being filtered off to the death chambers. That was the end of a process that started with this, concentrating people, dehumanising them, gradually staffing up with sadistic guards and supervisors as the decent ones found other assignments. Getting normal folks like vince and cheezy et al to accept that the untermensch were only getting what was necessary and deserved, protecting the fatherland. Miller won't get his final solution because he doesn't have time and american institutions are just about withstanding the assault, but you'll never get a clearer sight of how it started in real time.
I didn't say they were systematically staffing, it is the natural consequence of inhumane policies like tearing children from their parents and keeping people in inhumane conditions that sadistic people enjoy it and decent people want to get away from it. Inhumane policies intended to deter are policy. Attracting people who want to participate in that and deterring people who don't is the corollary. I'm sure there were decent people sent to police abu grahib, the sadists still concentrated.

Jews, gypsies and mental deficients weren't legal law abiding citizens in nazi germany, that is why they were rounded up. It was just a different law being enforced, the common feature was that they were dehumanised and mistreated. Their crime was not to be real people deserving of the protections everyone should get, it really doesn't matter what crime you apply to get there. Where do you suggest the people fleeing south america go exactly?
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

FSchmertz wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:02 am
Cassandros wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:53 pm There are a couple of points that need to be made here:
So I conclude you'd think it wouldn't be nearly as bad a thing if we started a "final solution" as long as they're not really citizens?
No sane person agrees with the wholesale slaughter of people.

I certainly do not support such vile ideas and I doubt you do as well.

So maybe read my two points again and see if you can come to a more logical conclusion about what I think.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Cassandros wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:32 am

So maybe read my two points again and see if you can come to a more logical conclusion about what I think.
You think like the german people who were fine with step 1 of the final solution. They weren't asked to support wholesale slaughter at any time, and didn't need to be consulted by the time that was introduced.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:05 am

Quoted for truth.

I didn't say they were systematically staffing, it is the natural consequence of inhumane policies like tearing children from their parents and keeping people in inhumane conditions that sadistic people enjoy it and decent people want to get away from it. Inhumane policies intended to deter are policy. Attracting people who want to participate in that and deterring people who don't is the corollary. I'm sure there were decent people sent to police abu grahib, the sadists still concentrated.

Jews, gypsies and mental deficients weren't legal law abiding citizens in nazi germany, that is why they were rounded up. It was just a different law being enforced, the common feature was that they were dehumanised and mistreated. Their crime was not to be real people deserving of the protections everyone should get, it really doesn't matter what crime you apply to get there.
They were until they weren't... don't act like the German Jews were all just illegally squatting financiers from the get-go.

And circumstance matters. One was a system to punish and kill, the other is to filter and process.

If we start seeing behavior at the detention centers like we did at Abu Grabib or even Gitmo- then we can start conjuring images of concentration camps and calling for justice.

AnalHamster wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:00 pmWhere do you suggest the people fleeing south america go exactly?
There is a whole world to flee too, including neighboring Countries.

If you choose America: our system is being flooded right now and you will likely spend time in subpar conditions until released or jailed.

I assume this is still superior to some other Countries 'cause even with this known -> people keep coming here in mass...
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:47 am

You think like the german people who were fine with step 1 of the final solution. They weren't asked to support wholesale slaughter at any time, and didn't need to be consulted by the time that was introduced.
If your conclusion of what I think is 'step one of the final solution is fine' -> then you are either being deliberately hateful or pathetically petty.

Be better.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Cassandros wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:04 am
AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:05 am

Quoted for truth.

Jews, gypsies and mental deficients weren't legal law abiding citizens in nazi germany, that is why they were rounded up. It was just a different law being enforced, the common feature was that they were dehumanised and mistreated. Their crime was not to be real people deserving of the protections everyone should get, it really doesn't matter what crime you apply to get there.
They were until they weren't... don't act like the German Jews were all just illegally squatting financiers from the get-go.

And circumstance matters. One was a system to punish and kill, the other is to filter and process.

If we start seeing behavior at the detention centers like we did at Abu Grabib or even Gitmo- then we can start conjuring images of concentration camps and calling for justice.

AnalHamster wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:00 pmWhere do you suggest the people fleeing south america go exactly?
There is a whole world to flee too, including neighboring Countries.

If you choose America: our system is being flooded right now and you will likely spend time in subpar conditions until released or jailed.

I assume this is still superior to some other Countries 'cause even with this known -> people keep coming here in mass...
What was the first line of what you are attempting to respond to?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Cassandros wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:10 am
AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:47 am

If your conclusion of what I think is 'step one of the final solution is fine' -> then you are either being deliberately hateful or pathetically petty.

Be better.
You do think step 1 of the final solution is fine, you just can't grasp that it is step 1.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:11 am -snip-
and
-snip-
You read my reply and you know I am right.

Hence your asinine insults.

Again, be better man.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:39 pm Whomever touched the US flag should have been shot on the spot for fucking with Federal proeprty
That's just absurd. For one, if I buy a flag, it's my flag, not property of the federal government.

I think the issue, if I understand it correctly, wasnt that they burned A flag, it was that they burned THAT flag. In other words they didnt burn a flag that they owned but someone elses (not their property to burn).

* edit. Sorry, I suppose I should have read the thread first.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I wonder why these camps werent a big deal when they were built. Werent they "Concentration Camps" then as well?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:41 am I wonder why these camps werent a big deal when they were built. Werent they "Concentration Camps" then as well?
It's almost like a competent administration was operating the buildings then
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:46 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:41 am I wonder why these camps werent a big deal when they were built. Werent they "Concentration Camps" then as well?
When that administration was building and operating those camps meant to concentrate and detain people in a specific area, were they still "Concentration Camps"?
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:29 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:21 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:17 pm Why must we play games with words? Yes, they are concentration camps

It is intellectually dishonest to refer to the detention centers as concentration camps
So you agree they are concentration camps but don't like people calling them what they are because it bothers you.
I agree that they are camps whose purpose is to concentrate subjects, so they are concentration camps, but I also recognize that the reason opponents call them concentration camps is not to identify them, but to invoke something very different in people's minds. It's like comparing someone to Hitler or the Nazis. It's psy-ops
It's psy-ops

no, it's calling a spade a spade
Maybe you’re right. We should look at all the times people have referred to various detention camps as concentration camps over the last 50 or so years. Maybe it’s a common term I’m simply not aware of,
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

If that were so, why are pictures from that time used to impugn the current administration? Doesn’t that indicate that they were abusing people at that time?
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

What a steaming pile of shit. beneath even you.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Only when it's "convenient"

P.S. "You can use the rest as toilet paper, but don't you dare touch "our version" of the 2nd Amendment!" ;)
I don’t give a shit what you do with it. I served the concept, not the physical symbol. I suppose you could get offended when you see some basement dwelling loser set it on fire, but it’s probabky better to follow him home and mock him about what a total POS loser he is than beat him up over a piece of cloth.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Really?
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

If you haven’t gathered by now, this is not an intellectually honest discussion; they no more believe what they’re saying than anyone else. Sometimes I think it’s just for the traffic.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:43 am
What a steaming pile of shit. beneath even you.
Cassandros wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:18 am
AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:11 am -snip-
and
-snip-
You read my reply and you know I am right.

Hence your asinine insults.

Again, be better man.

Uh huh, neither of you addressed anything I said. Running scared.

Just no discussion here at all any more.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:35 am
When that administration was building and operating those camps meant to concentrate and detain people in a specific area, were they still "Concentration Camps"?
I'm sure they would, at the height of the unaccompanied minor wave they were no Holiday Inn either. But Trumps Zero Tolerance Policy is exacerbating the problem to point that the conditions have become deplorable. In a May 2018 interview, then-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly told NPR a "big name of the game is deterrence" in stopping illegal immigration, and that family separations "would be a tough deterrent." In my opinion they are being treated like shit to punish them. Now they don't deserve a reward for trying to illegally cross into our country, but they shouldn't be treated worse than prisoners of war.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:29 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:35 am
I'm sure they would, at the height of the unaccompanied minor wave they were no Holiday Inn either. But Trumps Zero Tolerance Policy is exacerbating the problem to point that the conditions have become deplorable. In a May 2018 interview, then-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly told NPR a "big name of the game is deterrence" in stopping illegal immigration, and that family separations "would be a tough deterrent." In my opinion they are being treated like shit to punish them. Now they don't deserve a reward for trying to illegally cross into our country, but they shouldn't be treated worse than prisoners of war.
The problem is that we now have about 100k EVERY MONTH trying to get in. No country in the world can handle that type of onslaught. Then, the problem is exacerbated with an asylum system that is broken and abused (but nobody seems to want to address or fix). The migrants are being coached on how to beat the system: claim asylum and youre in (eventually) as the numbers are so large we wont be able to effectively verify your claim and youll just be released anyway. Hell, even I see the logic in doing what theyre doing. They end up here regardless. What exactly is your cutoff point though for how many migrants we can let in without dragging the resources of our country into the shitter? Surely you can see the problem of letting millions upon millions of unskilled, uneducated, unvaccicnated people with no plans, no job, no support structure except the government and nowhere to go? Its illogical to think we can just absorb this onslaught with no repercussions.