Create a Mental Health Database

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Create a Mental Health Database

Post by beagleboy »

Anyone want to notify him that's illegal under federal law? Regardless, how many people would seek treatment if there was a database for such a thing? Idiot.

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Re: Create a Mental Health Database

Post by Stapes »

beagleboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:33 pm Anyone want to notify him that's illegal under federal law? Regardless, how many people would seek treatment if there was a database for such a thing? Idiot.

Then 3 out of 4 are doable. Glad your on board.
I blame Biker.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Mental health databases already exist and are already submitted by states to NICS. Having a federal one rather than a state one would just leave fewer cracks to slip through, keeping guns away from the seriously mentally ill is actually something with broad support even amongst gun fans, even the NRA has called for a national database.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Stapes wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:42 pm

I've always been in favor of the others. You might want to try reading more / posting less.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Under federal law, a person can be tallied in a database and barred from purchasing or possessing a firearm due to a mental illness under two conditions: if he is involuntarily committed to a mental hospital, or if a court or government body declares him mentally incompetent.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/15/poli ... index.html
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

beagleboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:33 pm Anyone want to notify him that's illegal under federal law? Regardless, how many people would seek treatment if there was a database for such a thing? Idiot.

Just the smugness of how it is written makes me roll my eyes.

Like we should all just read it, and be "Yes, good point. I agree." Just that tweet alone would take 10 years in the court system and billions in lawyers fees to resolve. Actually only Dems should agree to it, never mind Republicans. After all, they love mass killings, amirite?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

PimpDaddy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:01 pm Like we should all just read it, and be "Yes, good point. I agree." Just that tweet alone would take 10 years in the court system and billions in lawyers fees to resolve. Actually only Dems should agree to it, never mind Republicans. After all, they love mass killings, amirite?
You don't think all those things being legal might save a tad on the legal fees? There is a database, it just has a lot of holes in it. Assault weapons have been banned before, it was kinda hamstrung by lobbyists but it wasn't unconstitutional. Background checks and red flag laws already exist.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

beagleboy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:51 pm

I've always been in favor of the others. You might want to try reading more / posting less.

So you create a whole post not in opposition to what Cuomo is saying...……..but that he is smug......and that makes you feel yucky.

You seem confused where to put your outrage.
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:11 pm
PimpDaddy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:01 pm Like we should all just read it, and be "Yes, good point. I agree." Just that tweet alone would take 10 years in the court system and billions in lawyers fees to resolve. Actually only Dems should agree to it, never mind Republicans. After all, they love mass killings, amirite?
You don't think all those things being legal might save a tad on the legal fees? There is a database, it just has a lot of holes in it. Assault weapons have been banned before, it was kinda hamstrung by lobbyists but it wasn't unconstitutional. Background checks and red flag laws already exist.
Exactly right. All this shit is here and has been for decades, and no one ever fixed it. To imply this is an easy fix in a tweet is ignorant. He may as well have tweeted "Ban all illegal stuff" and had the same impact.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

PimpDaddy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:07 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:11 pm
Exactly right. All this shit is here and has been for decades, and no one ever fixed it. To imply this is an easy fix in a tweet is ignorant. He may as well have tweeted "Ban all illegal stuff" and had the same impact.
Semi auto rifles with large capacity magazines are legal
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Without a doubt our right to bear arms will be curtailed, and eventually eliminated.
On the bright side, it is also inevitable that our Freedom of Speech will greatly reduced.

Why not go after semi-auto handguns as well? Do they only care about so-called assault weapons because they're popular in these kinds of attacks?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:38 pm Without a doubt our right to bear arms will be curtailed, and eventually eliminated.
On the bright side, it is also inevitable that our Freedom of Speech will greatly reduced.

Why not go after semi-auto handguns as well? Do they only care about so-called assault weapons because they're popular in these kinds of attacks?
Probably because long rifles are more accurate and have a larger round and there is very little use for them
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:38 pm Without a doubt our right to bear arms will be curtailed, and eventually eliminated.

That's the all or nothing attitude of gun nuts, if you pass a minimal restriction, we're a step away from confiscating everyone's guns.

There can be a balance between those that want to own guns and the interests of those of us that don't want to have to carry a gun to go to Walmart.
wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Assault weapons are already severely restricted. Unless you are talking about killy looking semiautomatics.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:25 am

Assault weapons are already severely restricted. Unless you are talking about killy looking semiautomatics.
Yup, they call them "Assault" weapons
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:35 am

There's a term for that. It's dishonest.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:43 am

What do you want me to do about it? Send Andrew a letter? I'll do that you send one to Trump and ask him to stop lying? K?
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:45 am

What do you want me to do about it? Send Andrew a letter? I'll do that you send one to Trump and ask him to stop lying? K?
Cuomo would pay about as much attention to your letter as Trump would mine.

What you can do is not repeat the dishonesty.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Antknot wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:00 am
CaptQuint wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:45 am
Cuomo would pay about as much attention to your letter as Trump would mine.

What you can do is not repeat the dishonesty.
You OK with "Tactical Rifle"?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

This is just nuts....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

megman wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:20 am This is just nuts....
If you don't think about the dead children it's easy to quibble over the class of gun used to shoot a 2 year old baby in the face.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

As part of a more blanket solution, maybe limiting not just magazine size, but number of rounds carried. Like with pot: personal use vs intent to sell.
For example, if you’re carrying more than 30 rounds or X magazines, you’re up to no good.
“Second Amendment!”
We’re already past that. There are already rules about weapons allowed.
Just spitballing.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:22 am
megman wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:20 am This is just nuts....
If you don't think about the dead children it's easy to quibble over the class of gun used to shoot a 2 year old baby in the face.
As I said before on this board, if Sandy Hook couldn't get people to act then nothing ever will.
I guess at least the right isn't trying to say this is a hoax this time so it is some kind of progress.
In the end the right will bow to their NRA masters