Cuz we scared yo'

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Cuz we scared yo'

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:15 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:12 pm I'm not saying its right but generally when you are estimating for something to be taxed, you estimate low. When you are estimating something to be reimbursed or paid for you estimate high. This isnt exactly breaking new ground.
I'm sure the insurance company investigators will feel the same
The insurance companies do the same thing: When estimating a payout they estimate low. When estimating a collection they go high. Again, this isnt new ground here.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:18 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:12 pm I'm not saying its right but generally when you are estimating for something to be taxed, you estimate low. When you are estimating something to be reimbursed or paid for you estimate high. This isnt exactly breaking new ground.
The insurance companies do the same thing: When estimating a payout they estimate low. When estimating a collection they go high. Again, this isnt new ground here.
(Cough fraud cough)
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:26 pm
(Cough fraud cough)
Not sure what you're going for here. Have you ever tried to get a claim from an insurance company? This is the business model for insurance companies; its how they operate. Payout low, collect high. Its literally how they stay in business.

A few years ago a giant windstorm destroyed most of my roof. The insurance company says they'll pay $3,500. Fuck you insurance company. A new roof for my house is about 10k. It took me a ton of time and effort and threatened legal action but they eventually paid for the new roof.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:04 pm
(Cough fraud cough)
Not sure what you're going for here. Have you ever tried to get a claim from an insurance company? This is the business model for insurance companies; its how they operate. Payout low, collect high. Its literally how they stay in business.

A few years ago a giant windstorm destroyed most of my roof. The insurance company says they'll pay $3,500. Fuck you insurance company. A new roof for my house is about 10k. It took me a ton of time and effort and threatened legal action but they eventually paid for the new roof.
That's great, did you inflate the value of your home to the insurance company?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:14 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:04 pm
(Cough fraud cough)

That's great, did you inflate the value of your home to the insurance company?
No, as that would lead to higher premiums.
Here's how it works: in business, there is often a range of value for something. Let's call the value of this widget 50-60k. Depending on how it affects you, you will either state the low end or the high end. This is not illegal.

Let's take your camaro for example: the estimated value of your used Camaro is 40-50k. When you put it up for sale you will most likely push the high end (value) of the comps. If the state of Pennsylvania enacts a Camaro tax you would estimate its value at 40k to save yourself some cash. That would not be illegal.

If that's what Donny did, then he did no different than any other business owner. If he is outright lying and consciously misrepresenting values then, yes, he should be held accountable. Often, in situations like that it's all in the eye of the beholder and insurance companies and the government have tables to guide them.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

The are valid ranges of valuations for assets, for fraud you have to intend to mislead with valuations you know are false, which is what Cohen is saying Trump did. Bank and Insurance fraud.
stymiegreen
Chief Biden Ballwasher

Post by stymiegreen »

analhamster wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:30 pm The are valid ranges of valuations for assets, for fraud you have to intend to mislead with valuations you know are false, which is what Cohen is saying Trump did. Bank and Insurance fraud.
Cheezy still gives Trump the benefit of the doubt in these and all other matters. Lord knows Trump deserves it at this point with how forthcoming he's been so far.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Diesel pump don't fit in most petrol cars
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Graduating cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences with majors in international relations and economics is fake now guys
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:48 pm Graduating cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences with majors in international relations and economics is fake now guys
I was Magna Cum Laude with a major in Business from one of the finest universities in Michigan. That doesnt mean I cant be wrong on some business/economic things and the same goes for her.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:03 pm
captquint wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:48 pm Graduating cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences with majors in international relations and economics is fake now guys
I was Magna Cum Laude with a major in Business from one of the finest universities in Michigan. That doesnt mean I cant be wrong on some business/economic things and the same goes for her.
So being wrong is the same thing as being "fake" You're fucking reaching pal
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Now this is fake

Florida candidate apologizes for lying about degree, passing off fake diploma
Melissa Howard says she's staying in race for Florida House

SARASOTA, Fla. - A Republican candidate for the Florida House has apologized to her supporters for lying about having a college degree and posing with a fake diploma.

But Melissa Howard, who is running in Florida's 73rd House District, which cover parts of Sarasota and Manatee counties, said she intends to remain in the race against Sarasota attorney Tommy Gregory. The Republican primary is set for Aug. 28.

"It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone," Howard said in statement Monday. "I made a mistake in saying that I completed my degree. What I did was wrong and set a bad example for someone seeking public service. I am staying in the race and intend to win and lead by example from now on."

FLA News Online, a political news website, reported last week that Howard did not graduate from Miami University in Ohio as she had claimed on her website. To refute the report, which her campaign called "fake news," Howard flew to Ohio and posted a photo on social media of her posing with what appeared to be a Miami University diploma.

But a closer look at the diploma found several inconsistencies.

According to the photographed diploma, Howard graduated with a degree that doesn't exist at Miami University in Ohio. The school offers a bachelor of science degree in business, not a bachelor of science degree in marketing. The photographed diploma also includes a signature of Robert Johnson, who was the dean of the graduate school, not of the school of business.

Miami University General Counsel Robin Parker later confirmed to FLA News that Howard attended the university, but did not graduate from the school.

https://www.local10.com/news/elections/ ... ke-diploma
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

captquint wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:31 pm Image
Not for me. I don't think she's "unfit". Like I mentioned in the other thread: she is who she is. Sage or moron; it doesnt matter. Competence has nothing to do with it. She was elected by her district fair and square, and as intended by the Founders, she is a "common man" representative of the people in her district. That doesn't insulate her from ridicule for the occasional dumb or outright wrong comment. If they are happy with her that's all that matters.

Also, even though I didn't vote for Donny, that doesn't mean that I cant want him to succeed in some of the things he undertakes.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Good for you
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:01 pm
captquint wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:31 pm Image
Not for me. I don't think she's "unfit". Like I mentioned in the other thread: she is who she is. Sage or moron; it doesnt matter. Competence has nothing to do with it. She was elected by her district fair and square, and as intended by the Founders, she is a "common man" representative of the people in her district. That doesn't insulate her from ridicule for the occasional dumb or outright wrong comment. If they are happy with her that's all that matters.

Also, even though I didn't vote for Donny, that doesn't mean that I cant want him to succeed in some of the things he undertakes.
Yeah, she's a clown, but more power to her.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

You keep calling her a clown at your own peril Rethugs.

I blame Biker.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Stapes wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:25 am You keep calling her a clown at your own peril Rethugs.

You and I got something completely different from that. Wells Fargo provided financing, the things they financed were legal, and so.... what,then...?
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:35 am
Stapes wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:25 am You keep calling her a clown at your own peril Rethugs.

You and I got something completely different from that. Wells Fargo provided financing, the things they financed were legal, and so.... what,then...?
Yes. As long as it's "legal" everything is good.

What I like about her is she gets right to the point. Picks up those big rocks and exposes all the creepy crawlies underneath to the sunlight where they hate to be. Republicans would never call them out like that and bite the hand that feeds them. While Corporate America pillages and plunders for every last dime they can squeeze no matter the cost to the enviorment or the future of this country the Republicans put up smoke screens for them over bullshit like religion, scary black and brown people, poor people etc... Whatever boogeyman they can come up with to divert attention away from the matter that the elite are sucking us dry while we fight each other like the morons we are.
I blame Biker.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

It's a bank, it would finance the clubbing of baby seals if there was a profit margin and no PR fallout. Thing is, it wouldn't do that because the PR fallout would cost it more money than the soft warm gloves made. It's not all about whether an investment is legal anymore, that's something competent CEOs have to keep in mind.

The main takeaway is her consistent performance interrogating witnesses though. All these righty memes about what a moron she is who can't string a coherent sentence together run up against the fact that she is clearly not.

The typical congresscritter will begin by thanking everyone in the room, then ram in some talking points for the reelect, then lob a softball or two to a friendly witness or attack a hostile one. It's a boring performance art where they all went to the same drama school. She gets straight down to business with relevant researched questions on the topic and has the smarts to pursue where they lead. Agree with her positions or not, this is how oversight should be conducted.

Wouldn't kill her to show a little more cleavage though.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Stapes wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:15 am

Yes. As long as it's "legal" everything is good.

What I like about her is she gets right to the point. Picks up those big rocks and exposes all the creepy crawlies underneath to the sunlight where they hate to be. Republicans would never call them out like that and bite the hand that feeds them. While Corporate America pillages and plunders for every last dime they can squeeze no matter the cost to the enviorment or the future of this country the Republicans put up smoke screens for them over bullshit like religion, scary black and brown people, poor people etc... Whatever boogeyman they can come up with to divert attention away from the matter that the elite are sucking us dry while we fight each other like the morons we are.
"Why shouldnt Wells Fargo pay for the cleanup?"
"Well, we dont operate the pipeline."

Yeah, she really schooled him!!11!1111!!!11
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

But its from Occupy Democrats! See how she schooled the evil white man!!1?? lolz.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:17 pm

But its from Occupy Democrats! See how she schooled the evil white man!!1?? lolz.

Cheezy thinks because he owns a small business that he has to defend Big Business 'cause he is part of the Club. To paraphrase George Carlin. There is a Big Club but Cheezy, your not in it. Ms. AOC is doing exactly what she is supposed to be doing. Representing the interests of the average American and providing oversight over these big corporations who have been running unchecked for long enough.

And why bring up "evil white man"? race has nothing to do with her questions but somehow that's where you go with it? kind of telling isn't it?
I blame Biker.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

analhamster wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:20 am
It's a bank, it would finance the clubbing of baby seals if there was a profit margin and no PR fallout. Thing is, it wouldn't do that because the PR fallout would cost it more money than the soft warm gloves made. It's not all about whether an investment is legal anymore, that's something competent CEOs have to keep in mind.

The main takeaway is her consistent performance interrogating witnesses though. All these righty memes about what a moron she is who can't string a coherent sentence together run up against the fact that she is clearly not.

The typical congresscritter will begin by thanking everyone in the room, then ram in some talking points for the reelect, then lob a softball or two to a friendly witness or attack a hostile one. It's a boring performance art where they all went to the same drama school. She gets straight down to business with relevant researched questions on the topic and has the smarts to pursue where they lead. Agree with her positions or not, this is how oversight should be conducted.

Wouldn't kill her to show a little more cleavage though.
She seemed silly, to me. The kids in cages thing. Childish. The guy doesn’t know how to answer her questions because there is no answer. For example, For profit prisons, whether you agree with them or not, are legal. WF did financing. So what? They don’t run them. They’re not criminals.