Stymiegreen memorial etc...

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Re: Stymiegreen memorial etc...

Post by Burn1dwn »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:31 pm shot
Pretty sure this is all it takes. Lincoln gets the same white washing.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:00 pm
Make your case that Lincoln got whitewashing. There have been many here who gone after Abe pretty hard in the past (Canuckistan) but really never got into why they believe that.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

spudoc wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:58 pm
Make your case that Lincoln got whitewashing. There have been many here who gone after Abe pretty hard in the past (Canuckistan) but really never got into why they believe that.
I miss Canuck. Not sure what his deal was with Abe but I am mostly talking about how he is regarded as the moral president who ended slavery. Which is true but in reality pre-war he was more into a Marcus Garvey-esque plan to end slavery by rounding up all the black folks and throwing them back on ships destined to colonize foreign lands. He thought Racism would prevent blacks from assimilating and that is was better to get rid of them. So he didn't have faith in his fellow Americans to deal with each other and obviously thought race was enough of an issue to segregate.

I'm sure there are more gripes with how he let the war rage on longer than it might have with different decisions and the whole states rights arguments from "constitutionalists" but now that he was martyred, it doesn't really matter what his true ideals were. He freed the slaves and saved the union. Pretty much beyond reproach. Unless you are into Confederate Flags.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:29 am
I miss Canuck. Not sure what his deal was with Abe but I am mostly talking about how he is regarded as the moral president who ended slavery. Which is true but in reality pre-war he was more into a Marcus Garvey-esque plan to end slavery by rounding up all the black folks and throwing them back on ships destined to colonize foreign lands. He thought Racism would prevent blacks from assimilating and that is was better to get rid of them. So he didn't have faith in his fellow Americans to deal with each other and obviously thought race was enough of an issue to segregate.

I'm sure there are more gripes with how he let the war rage on longer than it might have with different decisions and the whole states rights arguments from "constitutionalists" but now that he was martyred, it doesn't really matter what his true ideals were. He freed the slaves and saved the union. Pretty much beyond reproach. Unless you are into Confederate Flags.
So you think people with Confederate flags don't like Lincoln?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

necronomous wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:25 pm

No I said Lincoln may not be as beyond reproach to people that are into Confederate Flags. But I did it backwards so I can understand your confusion.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:53 pm

No I said Lincoln may not be as beyond reproach to people that are into Confederate Flags. But I did it backwards so I can understand your confusion.
Most of the people I know who like the Confederate flag greatly admire Lincoln.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

necronomous wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:59 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:00 pm Pretty sure this is all it takes. Lincoln gets the same white washing.

Congratulations.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Burn1dwn wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:00 pm Pretty sure this is all it takes. Lincoln gets the same white washing.

Well they probably didn't get much schoolin'.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Congratulations.
Wheres my present?
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 pm

Well they probably didn't get much schoolin'.
No, they didn't attend where ever you went.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Because he pissed on people’s right to vote during the 1864 campaign . He was a politician, after all. His biggest flaw was that he turned the united states into a country ruled by a strong central government rather than a confederation of states. And, his power created what became the imperial presidency. But I love him for who he was, and his wisdom, and homespunishness.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

He had an idea, it was impractical, but there was some truth to it. Blacks were segregated, and they also failed to assimilate. He said they ain’t ever gonna really assimilate, let’s just get rid of em. Of course, the cruelty was that they were no more African than you or I.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:00 am
Because he pissed on people’s right to vote during the 1864 campaign . He was a politician, after all. His biggest flaw was that he turned the united states into a country ruled by a strong central government rather than a confederation of states. And, his power created what became the imperial presidency. But I love him for who he was, and his wisdom, and homespunishness.
How did he piss on the right to vote in 1864?
And he didn't turn the US into a centralized government. The ratification of the Constitution in place of the Articles of Confederation did that.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Biker wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:15 am FTR, Canuck is alive and well. Got himself a hot wife to boot
Good to hear. Have him drop in from time to time if you can.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

spudoc wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:34 am
And he didn't turn the US into a centralized government. The ratification of the Constitution in place of the Articles of Confederation did that.
I’m on an iPad so you’ll have to look it up. Troops from areas sympathetic to McClellan were not able to vote. That’s all I remember.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:05 am
I’m on an iPad so you’ll have to look it up. Troops from areas sympathetic to McClellan were not able to vote. That’s all I remember.
https://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2 ... dier-vote/
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:15 am FTR, Canuck is alive and well. Got himself a hot wife to boot
That's great to hear.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

AnalHamster wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:11 am
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:05 am
https://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2 ... dier-vote/
Yes, that’s it. Many thanks.