Jesus and the Poor

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Jesus and the Poor

Post by Stapes »

Some of y'all…..and I know who your are......need to start doing a little soul searching and moral inventory. Your selfish, black hearts will not serve you well In the end.

Be careful when you point your fingers at those less fortunate than you. Its not your job to judge them.

Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor.

But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind,

Whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get many a curse.

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said: “Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. “Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be satisfied. “Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.

Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered.

And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,

A righteous man knows the rights of the poor; a wicked man does not understand such knowledge.

Jesus said to him, “If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.

“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be.

Whoever despises his neighbor is a sinner, but blessed is he who is generous to the poor.

Do not rob the poor, because he is poor, or crush the afflicted at the gate, for the Lord will plead their cause and rob of life those who rob them.

Open your mouth for the mute, for the rights of all who are destitute. Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

For you always have the poor with you, but you will not always have me.

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and will execute justice for the needy.

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said: “Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. “Blessed are you who are hungry now, for you shall be satisfied. “Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh. “Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man! Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven; for so their fathers did to the prophets. “But woe to you who are rich, for you have received your consolation. ...

Whoever mocks the poor insults his Maker; he who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.

And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

For you have been a stronghold to the poor, a stronghold to the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat; for the breath of the ruthless is like a storm against a wall,

And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”

If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.

Whoever oppresses the poor to increase his own wealth, or gives to the rich, will only come to poverty.

He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well. Is not this to know me? declares the Lord.

Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake.

“Because the poor are plundered, because the needy groan, I will now arise,” says the Lord; “I will place him in the safety for which he longs.”

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.

All my bones shall say, “O Lord, who is like you, delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him, the poor and needy from him who robs him?”

The blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them.

The rich and the poor meet together; the Lord is the maker of them all.

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.

Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

“You shall do no injustice in court. You shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor.

“If your brother becomes poor and cannot maintain himself with you, you shall support him as though he were a stranger and a sojourner, and he shall live with you.

“And when you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, nor shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God.”

You would shame the plans of the poor, but the Lord is his refuge.

For the needy shall not always be forgotten, and the hope of the poor shall not perish forever.

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the resident alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.

He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and on them he has set the world.

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? ...

But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

“Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke? Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?

“If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother,

You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?

When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst, I the Lord will answer them; I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.

In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

Do not oppress the widow, the fatherless, the sojourner, or the poor, and let none of you devise evil against another in your heart.”

And you shall not strip your vineyard bare, neither shall you gather the fallen grapes of your vineyard. You shall leave them for the poor and for the sojourner: I am the Lord your God.

The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. They have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from the sojourner without justice.

Your flock found a dwelling in it; in your goodness, O God, you provided for the needy.

Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver or gold.

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

But there will be no poor among you; for the Lord will bless you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you for an inheritance to possess—

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, ...

“Then I will draw near to you for judgment. I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, against the adulterers, against those who swear falsely, against those who oppress the hired worker in his wages, the widow and the fatherless, against those who thrust aside the sojourner, and do not fear me, says the Lord of hosts.

The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Jesus looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the offering box, and he saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. And he said, “Truly, I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity than a rich man who is crooked in his ways.

He has distributed freely; he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever; his horn is exalted in honor.

Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.

And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.”

Sing to the Lord; praise the Lord! For he has delivered the life of the needy from the hand of evildoers.

Who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free;

Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.

Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.

Now there was in Joppa a disciple named Tabitha, which, translated, means Dorcas. She was full of good works and acts of charity.

She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy.

But the seventh year you shall let it rest and lie fallow, that the poor of your people may eat; and what they leave the beasts of the field may eat. You shall do likewise with your vineyard, and with your olive orchard.

Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Woe to those who decree iniquitous decrees, and the writers who keep writing oppression, to turn aside the needy from justice and to rob the poor of my people of their right, that widows may be their spoil, and that they may make the fatherless their prey! What will you do on the day of punishment, in the ruin that will come from afar? To whom will you flee for help, and where will you leave your wealth?

The meek shall obtain fresh joy in the Lord, and the poor among mankind shall exult in the Holy One of Israel.

He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap,

And he answered them, “Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have good news preached to them.

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

Woe to those who decree iniquitous decrees, and the writers who keep writing oppression, to turn aside the needy from justice and to rob the poor of my people of their right, that widows may be their spoil, and that they may make the fatherless their prey!

Now after several years I came to bring alms to my nation and to present offerings.

And he stared at him in terror and said, “What is it, Lord?” And he said to him, “Your prayers and your alms have ascended as a memorial before God.

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

For Macedonia and Achaia have been pleased to make some contribution for the poor among the saints at Jerusalem.

For you always have the poor with you, and whenever you want, you can do good for them. But you will not always have me.

When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.”
I blame Biker.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: Jesus and the Poor

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Sorry, homie. I don't consider myself Christian.

I and my business give consistently to charities and the less fortunate. When I have time, I've also given that. I'll be just fine but thanks for worrying!
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:49 am Sorry, homie. I don't consider myself Christian.

I and my business give consistently to charities and the less fortunate. When I have time, I've also given that. I'll be just fine but thanks for worrying!
You aren't even close to being fine.
I blame Biker.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Truth is you won't get into heaven with works. But I and many others will thank you for your efforts.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Good thing I'm an atheist.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

necronomous wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:46 am Good thing I'm an atheist.
This is why we need to find Whip and sign him up here.

When two people who are as far on opposite sides of the usual stuff like you and me but still find ourselves agreeing on our atheism (as well it seems most are here in the Deep End), we need some balance in the Force. Whip would definitely be that.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

This thread did not go the way ol' stapes was hoping.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:00 pm This thread did not go the way ol' stapes was hoping.
It went exactly the way I thought it would. and your still not fine.
I blame Biker.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Stapes wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:12 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:00 pm This thread did not go the way ol' stapes was hoping.
It went exactly the way I thought it would. and your still not fine.
*you're

Oh noes! A random dude on the interweb does not approve of my level of charitable donations and works. How ever will I sleep at night? :lol:
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Well one thing you turds should realize is your tax deductible charity donations have nothing to do with the fact that you're just not really nice people. I may not know you personally but your online persona's are nasty and callous to those who have less than you and struggle. The reason we are put on this earth is not to pad our bank accounts and pat ourselves on the back 'cause we gave a couple bucks to charity while youstep over homeless people and point your fingers at refugees looking for a better life. You actively support and cheer policies that take away food and medical services from the less fortunate because, hey......nobody helped me....fuck them. That's great for you. I'm glad you have a great life. Now lean over, put your hand out and help pull the next guy up instead of putting your boot on their necks. You come across a guy with no shoes, give him both of yours and you go barefoot and be thankful for the opportunity.
I blame Biker.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Stapes wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:42 pm Well one thing you turds should realize is your tax deductible charity donations have nothing to do with the fact that you're just not really nice people. I may not know you personally but your online persona's are nasty and callous to those who have less than you and struggle. The reason we are put on this earth is not to pad our bank accounts and pat ourselves on the back 'cause we gave a couple bucks to charity while youstep over homeless people and point your fingers at refugees looking for a better life. You actively support and cheer policies that take away food and medical services from the less fortunate because, hey......nobody helped me....fuck them. That's great for you. I'm glad you have a great life. Now lean over, put your hand out and help pull the next guy up instead of putting your boot on their necks. You come across a guy with no shoes, give him both of yours and you go barefoot and be thankful for the opportunity.
Not for one second do I believe you live as you preach. How many homeless people do you have in your home? Do you give extra in taxes? You know you can right? How many pairs of shoes have you taken off your feet and given away. You're full of shit.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

necronomous wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:51 pm
Stapes wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:42 pm Well one thing you turds should realize is your tax deductible charity donations have nothing to do with the fact that you're just not really nice people. I may not know you personally but your online persona's are nasty and callous to those who have less than you and struggle. The reason we are put on this earth is not to pad our bank accounts and pat ourselves on the back 'cause we gave a couple bucks to charity while youstep over homeless people and point your fingers at refugees looking for a better life. You actively support and cheer policies that take away food and medical services from the less fortunate because, hey......nobody helped me....fuck them. That's great for you. I'm glad you have a great life. Now lean over, put your hand out and help pull the next guy up instead of putting your boot on their necks. You come across a guy with no shoes, give him both of yours and you go barefoot and be thankful for the opportunity.
Not for one second do I believe you live as you preach. How many homeless people do you have in your home? Do you give extra in taxes? You know you can right? How many pairs of shoes have you taken off your feet and given away. You're full of shit.

Never for one second did I say I'm a great example and I fall short all the time. The one thing I don't do is cheer about walls being built and blaming the parents when kids get put in cages and shrugging my shoulder when people cant afford medical care and point my finger at them and say you should have gotten a better job, a better country to be born in, a better education, better parents , a better life.
That is my point with you flippant assholes. I'm not talking about your checkbooks.....I'm talking about your mindset to your fellow human beings.
I blame Biker.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Stapes wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:05 pm
necronomous wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Never for one second did I say I'm a great example and I fall short all the time. The one thing I don't do is cheer about walls being built and blaming the parents when kids get put in cages and shrugging my shoulder when people cant afford medical care and point my finger at them and say you should have gotten a better job, a better country to be born in, a better education, better parents , a better life.
That is my point with you flippant assholes. I'm not talking about your checkbooks.....I'm talking about your mindset to your fellow human beings.
Lol.
Ok
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Jesus said "The poor will always be with us."

I saw one of those intersection beggars while I was out shopping today, and I didn't call the cops on him.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Stapes wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:05 pm Never for one second did I say I'm a great example and I fall short all the time. The one thing I don't do is cheer about walls being built and blaming the parents when kids get put in cages and shrugging my shoulder when people cant afford medical care and point my finger at them and say you should have gotten a better job, a better country to be born in, a better education, better parents , a better life.
Do you think there should be limits on immigration?
Do you think that children who come in illegally should be housed somewhere, or left to the tender mercies of the adults that also came in illegally?
Do you think there should be limits on health care?

As long as we pay welfare and the like, and refuse to judge people as a society, there will be poor parenting.

I agree about education. American education should be much better. That would involve judgments, and stratification beyond grad levels.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Literally nobody here boasts about donations or pats themselves on the back. Did you forget that YOU are the one who started the thread trying to call us out? Nobody says/said anything until YOU brought it up. Face it, you tried to be holier than thou and failed miserably.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:32 pm Literally nobody here boasts about donations or pats themselves on the back. Did you forget that YOU are the one who started the thread trying to call us out? Nobody says/said anything until YOU brought it up. Face it, you tried to be holier than thou and failed miserably.
Face it. You missed the point. You always do.
I blame Biker.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Generous to a fault, with other people's money. Think holding people accountable is cruel and heartless. See it all the time here in the Bay Area.

Truth is when you point one finger at someone three are pointing back at you.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.