Pompeo: Iranians and Iraqis should view this US action as "giving them their freedom"

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: Pompeo: Iranians and Iraqis should view this US action as "giving them their freedom"

Post by FSchmertz »

beagleboy wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:20 pm Inept

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/06/politics ... index.html

The top US general said Monday a letter suggesting the US would withdraw troops from Iraq was released by mistake and poorly worded, telling reporters "that's not what's happening."
Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley sought to address the confusion that began after the leak of aletter to the Iraqi government from US Command in Baghdad suggesting US troops would be withdrawn from the country.
"That letter is a draft. It was a mistake, it was unsigned, it should not have been released ... (it was) poorly worded, implies withdrawal, that is not what's happening," Milley said.
"It's an honest mistake ... it should not have been sent," he added.
Another word for "honest mistake" is incompetence.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Re: Pompeo: Iranians and Iraqis should view this US action as "giving them their freedom"

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Unless it wasn't a mistake. What would be the chain for a mistake like that? You don't transmit something unless you're told to.

Meanwhile, they were hearing copters all over Baghdad last night.
Last edited by VinceBordenIII on Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

When all the adults have been removed, resigned or fired and replaced with inexperienced sycophants.....this is what you get.
I blame Biker.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:31 pm Unless it wasn't a mistake. What would be the chain for a mistake like that? You don't transmit something unless you're told to.

Meanwhile, they were hearing copters all over Baghdad last night.
Seriously. Is there anyone that read this story about the letter and didn't immediately think this is exactly how Trump would respond to the Iraqis if they asked him to leave.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Charliesheen wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:11 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:36 am
Charliesheen wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:34 am
CaptQuint wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:59 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:46 pm So what was an Iranian general up to in Iraq, anyhow?
Going to talk to The Iraqi Prime Minister at Trumps request you fucking dolt
Right ...
Keep sticking your fingers in your ears, you and your orange ball of lies will be dead soon enough.
As if the general is the best choice to send a message to an Iraqi.
Who would your choice be? You can't handle the truth so you make a bullshit statement like that one.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Stapes wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:32 pm When all the adults have been removed, resigned or fired and replaced with inexperienced sycophants.....this is what you get.
And another one down. The Pentagon Chief of Staff has resigned.

I’d want out of that chain of command too before an illegal order is given.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

DandyDon wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:08 am
Stapes wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:32 pm When all the adults have been removed, resigned or fired and replaced with inexperienced sycophants.....this is what you get.
And another one down. The Pentagon Chief of Staff has resigned.

I’d want out of that chain of command too before an illegal order is given.
Too late, But these people right before the holidays knew something

Fifth Pentagon official announces resignation in seven days

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4752 ... seven-days
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Cassandros wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:22 pm Trump is doing what he is supposed to do; he is taking the existing policy of trashing the Constitution under bullshit claims of national security and doing what the last m&m did... but doing so in a little more extreme and overt manner.

Bush started a drone assassination program that was iffy at best, Obama took it and expanded it (even using it against a US citizen), and now Trump is pushing the envelope a little further by ignoring some of the protocols that were set up as an illusion of checks and balances.

The game has been rigged for a long ass time; and both parties are guilty.
You just can't bring yourself to singularly blame Trump for anything that he does. Be a man once in a while.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Feeling like this is more about self preservation than calm rationality.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Roadside bomb kills a few American soldiers fighting according to global convention, no problem.

Cant believe anyone would believe that shit, or see it as anthing other than propaganda.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

This is the Russian asset who is trying to keep us out of a war with Iran. Must be a Putin plan to keep us out of war.

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

She never said what she'd do.

Sanctions bad. War with Iran ould be scary.

She never once said what she'd do.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

She presents her time in Iraq like she was clearing hot zones with an m-16 in her hand instead of safe and sound working admin on Balad Air Base that by Middle East standards was a fucking cake duty station....minus the occasional mortar round. She is a phony.
I blame Biker.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

BigRedRetard wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:27 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:33 pm Image
Lies
It wasn't a quote from Darnold Chump, so you can't automatically assume that.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

BigRedRetard wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:27 pm
Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:16 pm She presents her time in Iraq like she was clearing hot zones with an m-16 in her hand instead of safe and sound working admin on Balad Air Base that by Middle East standards was a fucking cake duty station....minus the occasional mortar round. She is a phony.
She aint no phony. She signed up just like you. I appreciate both of you serving this great country.
It's hard to determine which person is a bigger hero / patriot. Cap or Stapes? They both have served their country more than anyone else.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

beagleboy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 pm
Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:16 pm She presents her time in Iraq like she was clearing hot zones with an m-16 in her hand instead of safe and sound working admin on Balad Air Base that by Middle East standards was a fucking cake duty station....minus the occasional mortar round. She is a phony.
She aint no phony. She signed up just like you. I appreciate both of you serving this great country.
It's hard to determine which person is a bigger hero / patriot. Cap or Stapes? They both have served their country more than anyone else.

I did serve my country......and when the subject ever comes up I state I was not in during wartime. Tulsi is a craven oppurtunists who misrepresents her time there and constantly violates DoD regulations about using her military image in campaign fund raising pictures. She has no problems with ethics violations
I blame Biker.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

The picture that's emerging, unsurprisingly, is unplanned chaos due to incompetence. Trump apologists pretending there's some grand plan, or even a plan, is pretty ludicrous at this point. American personnel are less safe and American interests have been harmed, and if you believe there really was some secret imminent attack I have a lovely bridge for sale.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:46 pm
I did serve my country......and when the subject ever comes up I state I was not in during wartime. Tulsi is a craven oppurtunists who misrepresents her time there and constantly violates DoD regulations about using her military image in campaign fund raising pictures. She has no problems with ethics violations
Yeah, I always feel like I have to apologize for not serving during war. "Sorry they didn't put on a war while I was in."
My dad served between Korea and Vietnam. I was post Vietnam by just a few years.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:24 pm
Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:46 pm
Yeah, I always feel like I have to apologize for not serving during war. "Sorry they didn't put on a war while I was in."
My dad served between Korea and Vietnam. I was post Vietnam by just a few years.
I say I was in the Marines and they get the big eyeballs like tell me a war story and I have to immediately deflate that...lol
I blame Biker.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

My dad liked to joke about serving during the Korean war. He was stationed in Bermuda.
wut?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

No telling what you're in for when you sign up, you just know you're in for whatever comes. My grandad served in WW2, but mostly as a POW. He was part of a decoy before el Alamein, hundreds of guys sent marching off into the desert to likely be captured, just to mislead the enemy. When the Italians dropped out they just opened the gates of the camp and said good luck rather than transfer the prisoners to the germans, so he lived in the mountains for a while before being recaptured by the germans when it was his turn to get water, then he eventually got liberated by the russkies just before the end. I wish I'd got more details from him, but he died when I was pretty young.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

https://truthout.org/articles/noam-chom ... nfirms-it/

Noam Chomsky: US Is a Rogue State and Suleimani’s Assassination Confirms It

Trump’s decision to assassinate one of Iran’s most prominent and highly respected military leaders, Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, has added yet another name to the list of people killed by the U.S. — which many rightly see as the world’s biggest rogue state.

The assassination has escalated hostilities between Tehran and Washington and created an even more explosive situation in the politically volatile Middle East. As was to be expected, Iran has vowed to retaliate on its own terms for the killing of its general, while also announcing that it will withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal. Iraq’s parliament, in turn, has voted to expel all U.S. troops, but Trump has responded with threats of sanctions if the U.S. is forced to remove its troops from the country.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

beagleboy wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 pm
When did I claim to serve?