Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:06 am
Cassandros wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:51 am
Animal wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:04 am ok. so now all public employees are skirting the rules and helping contractors and suppliers so they can get a comfy job? Get the fuck out of here. You have no fucking idea what you are talking about. I deal with those fuckers every fucking day. That's the kind of synopsis a 15 year old girl would come up with.
I did not say that and you know it.

I said,
"If I worked for the city code enforcement, and routinely allowed large builders to skirt codes with the knowledge that I will be rewarded with a comfy job later; well, to call that a major problem is a serious understatement. Its pushing the lines of criminal".

Yet, when it comes to big pharma, this sort of behavior is apparently acceptable; don't believe me, just look up the drug aduhelm.

Now, either debate in good faith or stfu.
i will give you this much. If I was in charge of a government program (any program) and i found that an employee was bending a rule, allowing behavior that was not allowed, approving materials that were substandard, favoring a company, or doing anything that was in any way dishonest or unethical, i would at the least fire them on the spot and at the most file charges against them. And that's pretty much the example of every government entity that I have ever worked for.

If anyone was doing things underhanded to favor another contractor, that secret wouldn't last until the water got hot.

you might be surprised to learn that quite a lot of government inspectors are hired, not because they are bending rules to help out contractors and looking for comfy jobs, but because they are pricks and impossible to get a passing inspection. The hope is that whoever they replace them with isn't as bad.
You and I both.

But, that's not really how Washington or big business rolls.

I, and others, have listed several real issues that go on between the FDA and big pharma. Major issues. Which brings me back to the original question that is yet to be addressed: why should we trust them?
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Cassandros wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:25 am
I, and others, have listed several real issues that go on between the FDA and big pharma. Major issues. Which brings me back to the original question that is yet to be addressed: why should we trust them?
look, short of moving to a country where you think you can trust the government that is in place, i don't know what to tell you. When a person, such as yourself, is so skeptical that you can hear one story or read one report and then you think its an epidemic that involves everyone, then there is no magic wand that can suddenly make you trust anything. you are just stuck living a life thinking that everything is rigged.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:31 am
Cassandros wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:25 am
look, short of moving to a country where you think you can trust the government that is in place, i don't know what to tell you. When a person, such as yourself, is so skeptical that you can hear one story or read one report and then you think its an epidemic that involves everyone, then there is no magic wand that can suddenly make you trust anything. you are just stuck living a life thinking that everything is rigged.
It's not at all surprising you don't list a single reason why anyone should trust big pharma... Its always easier to attack the messenger by suggesting I am 'too skeptical' and therefore irrational.

Unfortunately it's not one story, it happens all the time. Aduhelm is but ONE example of many dangerous drugs the FDA has rubber stamped. There is a thing called the medical industrial complex. If you look into it with honesty, you will likely no longer be a blind supporter of big pharma.

When the watch dogs start working with the wolves, you can bet the sheep will eventually all get devoured.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

that's a real scary quote, Skepty McSkeptic.

Everyone is out to get us!
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

So instead of discussing the meat of the post, you attack the quote at the end...

Pathetic.

Too bad the quote is apt and the medical industrial complex is real.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Cassandros wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:42 am So instead of discussing the meat of the post, you attack the quote at the end...

Pathetic.

let's say for a second that you are onto something. most everyone in the government is jockeying for cushy high paying private sector jobs, so they are bending all the rules and just rubber stamping anything the "big pharma" companies want. everyone is in on the coverup and its just everywhere.

what does that have to do with covid and the vaccines?
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:50 am
Cassandros wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:42 am So instead of discussing the meat of the post, you attack the quote at the end...

Pathetic.

let's say for a second that you are onto something. most everyone in the government is jockeying for cushy high paying private sector jobs, so they are bending all the rules and just rubber stamping anything the "big pharma" companies want. everyone is in on the coverup and its just everywhere.
Still not debating in good faith. I never once said or even suggested "everyone".

Honestly, you really just need to target key people in the right positions.

Scott Gotlieb was FDA Commissioner before becoming a Pfizer Exec. That wasn't a coincidence sir.
Animal wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:50 am what does that have to do with covid and the vaccines?
But, to answer your question: everything.

"We're never gonna learn about how safe the vaccine is until we start giving it [to children]," said panel member Dr. Eric Rubin during the hearing. "That's just the way it goes."

Take a hot minute to read a little on the medical industrial complex. Profits > people. Always.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

More genius:

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

It would be interesting to know the true number.

[media] [/media]
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:30 pm It would be interesting to know the true number.

[media] [/media]
I doubt the CDC truly knows.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:30 pm It would be interesting to know the true number.

[media] [/media]
what difference would it make? What if that number was 400,000 instead of 800,000? What would that change? I track data for a living on construction jobs. hours worked, cost codes worked on, jobs worked on, equipment used, fuel going into equipment. its an endless collection of data. Now, I know my guys aren't able to keep up with these numbers exactly (some foremen will turn in 4 hours per day for a backhoe every single day, like a rubber stamp). I couldn't really give a fuck how exactly accurate they are. But it gives me an idea. I know about how much fuel a machine is burning or what my labor costs were to pour a curb & gutter on a job. I can use the data and also know its flawed at the same time. Its not rocket science. Its just a measurement of trends and ballpark ideas.

The best data is a balancing act between that which gives you a good indication of the information you need and is not costing you out the ass for your people to collect the data. As a republican, i'm sure you wouldn't want to waste a bunch of money hiring people to monitor every single death and make sure it is being reported exactly as agreed by everyone.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:43 pm

[media] [/media]
what difference would it make? What if that number was 400,000 instead of 800,000? What would that change? I track data for a living on construction jobs. hours worked, cost codes worked on, jobs worked on, equipment used, fuel going into equipment. its an endless collection of data. Now, I know my guys aren't able to keep up with these numbers exactly (some foremen will turn in 4 hours per day for a backhoe every single day, like a rubber stamp). I couldn't really give a fuck how exactly accurate they are. But it gives me an idea. I know about how much fuel a machine is burning or what my labor costs were to pour a curb & gutter on a job. I can use the data and also know its flawed at the same time. Its not rocket science. Its just a measurement of trends and ballpark ideas.

The best data is a balancing act between that which gives you a good indication of the information you need and is not costing you out the ass for your people to collect the data. As a republican, i'm sure you wouldn't want to waste a bunch of money hiring people to monitor every single death and make sure it is being reported exactly as agreed by everyone.
I would argue that the best data is accurate data. I really dont even think that is even up for debate.

It is literally the CDC's job to know, understand and interpret that type of information.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:03 am

[media] [/media]

I would argue that the best data is accurate data. I really dont even think that is even up for debate.

It is literally the CDC's job to know, understand and interpret that type of information.

So, I would ask again. If that number changed from 800,000 deaths to 600,000 deaths, what would change?
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CDC officially walking back the 800 number. Remember, these cunts fucked us around for two years over this. Where's the guillotine when you need it?

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:26 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:03 am

[media] [/media]

So, I would ask again. If that number changed from 800,000 deaths to 600,000 deaths, what would change?
Well, thats a hypothetical drop of 25% and the best we can do is guess. I'd imagine at the very least the following:
-More faith in the CDC for accurate reporting if it admitted that "conspiracy theory" right from the get-go instead of 1.5 years later
-With deaths counts down by 25% early on perhaps the draconian measures that were employed by so many and destroyed so many families and small businesses throughout the country may not have been so harsh
-if the above happens perhaps the massive stimulus is cut back
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:22 pm Well, thats a hypothetical drop of 25% and the best we can do is guess. I'd imagine at the very least the following:
-More faith in the CDC for accurate reporting if it admitted that "conspiracy theory" right from the get-go instead of 1.5 years later
-With deaths counts down by 25% early on perhaps the draconian measures that were employed by so many and destroyed so many families and small businesses throughout the country may not have been so harsh
-if the above happens perhaps the massive stimulus is cut back
you are forgetting how things were going on "early on". The democrats were using any and everything they could to shut down the economy and ruin trump's chances. They wouldn't have cared if deaths were 10,000 or 100,000. they were doing all they could to pump up stimulus money. those numbers wouldn't have mattered. compared to the numbers today, those numbers were really small back "early on". We are having over 10x more people get sick every day right now than we did in the worst of the "surges" back then. More people have died on Biden's watch than Trump and no one seems to give a fuck. You seem to think that people are putting way more analytics into the exact numbers than they actually are.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Affirmative Action

She’d be guaranteed a supervisor job at a California DMV, too.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Biker

Post by Biker »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:38 am https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2022/01 ... gy-n504679

Let’s see how far this goes.
B1D and the left assumed it was a lab leak all along. He said so today
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:04 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:38 am https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2022/01 ... gy-n504679

You are twisting my words per usual. I said I know Fauci is lying about the gain of function research. I don't know where covid came from but a lab leak seems just as likely as a bat IMO. Based off the circumstantial evidence.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:52 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:04 pm

You are twisting my words per usual. I said I know Fauci is lying about the gain of function research. I don't know where covid came from but a lab leak seems just as likely as a bat IMO. Based off the circumstantial evidence.
The left pre- Jan 20 2021, along with their propaganda wing in big tech, fought, censored, and banned people for even suggesting it was from a lab. Now you come in here and casually say that you believed back then it was plausible. Yeah, take that shit elsewhere
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

75 percent of deaths are with at least 4 cormorbidities.

From covid and with covid are different

This all goes to what I was saying about covid itself and how it's probably barely worse than the flu.

Get vaccinated though. No sarcasm.
Biker

Post by Biker »

necronomous wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:06 pm 75 percent of deaths are with at least 4 cormorbidities.

This all goes to what I was saying about covid itself and how it's probably barely worse than the flu.

Gee, I wonder what’s changed from June 2020, when we were saying the exact same thing, to now? Give me a sec, it will come to me
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Biker wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:28 pm
necronomous wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:06 pm 75 percent of deaths are with at least 4 cormorbidities.

Gee, I wonder what’s changed from June 2020, when we were saying the exact same thing, to now? Give me a sec, it will come to me
The excuses will come