Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:32 pm
necronomous wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:31 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:24 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:09 pm
Animal can’t make dividends with a drug that costs a nickel
i know which of the two drugs you chose to take.

Did you read that romper room link he posted? I have no idea why you guys continue with the misinformation.
So you know why I lol'ed? Was it because I think its a hit, or because they want to make it seem like a hit...
well that makes sense. don't tell biker, though. his whole life revolves around the glimmer of hope that one of these will turn out to be more effective than the vaccines.
Ivermectin shows ‘antiviral effect’ against COVID, Japanese company says

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese trading and pharmaceuticals company Kowa Co Ltd on Monday said that anti-parasite drug ivermectin showed an "antiviral effect" against Omicron and other coronavirus variants in joint non-clinical research.

The company, which has been working with Tokyo's Kitasato University on testing the drug as a potential treatment for COVID-19, did not provide further details. The original Reuters story misstated that ivermectin was "effective" against Omicron in Phase III clinical trials, which are conducted in humans.

Clinical trials are ongoing, but promotion of ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment has generated controversy.

Prominent vaccine sceptic Joe Rogan, whose podcast on Spotify has prompted protests by singers Joni Mitchell and Neil Young, has long stirred controversy with his views on the pandemic, government mandates and COVID-19 vaccines.

Rogan has questioned the need for vaccines and said he used ivermectin.

The drug is not approved for treatment of COVID-19 in Japan, and the U.S. Food & Drug Administration https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19, the World Health Organization, the EU drug regulator and Merck, which makes the drug, have warned against its use because of a lack of scientific evidence that it has therapeutic effect.

In guidance on its website dated September 2021, the FDA noted growing interest in the drug for preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans but said it had received multiple reports of patients who had required medical attention, including hospitalisation, after self-medicating with it.

The use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19 is currently being investigated in a UK trial run by the University of Oxford. The researchers said on Monday that it was still under way and they did not want to comment further until they have results to report.

Many potential COVID-19 treatments that showed promise in test tubes, including the antimalarial hydroxychloroquine promoted by former U.S. President Donald Trump, ultimately failed to show benefit for COVID-19 patients once studied in clinical trials.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:21 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:32 pm
necronomous wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:31 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:24 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:09 pm
Animal can’t make dividends with a drug that costs a nickel
i know which of the two drugs you chose to take.

Did you read that romper room link he posted? I have no idea why you guys continue with the misinformation.
So you know why I lol'ed? Was it because I think its a hit, or because they want to make it seem like a hit...
well that makes sense. don't tell biker, though. his whole life revolves around the glimmer of hope that one of these will turn out to be more effective than the vaccines.
Ivermectin shows ‘antiviral effect’ against COVID, Japanese company says

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese trading and pharmaceuticals company Kowa Co Ltd on Monday said that anti-parasite drug ivermectin showed an "antiviral effect" against Omicron and other coronavirus variants in joint non-clinical research.

The company, which has been working with Tokyo's Kitasato University on testing the drug as a potential treatment for COVID-19, did not provide further details. The original Reuters story misstated that ivermectin was "effective" against Omicron in Phase III clinical trials, which are conducted in humans.

Clinical trials are ongoing, but promotion of ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment has generated controversy.

Prominent vaccine sceptic Joe Rogan, whose podcast on Spotify has prompted protests by singers Joni Mitchell and Neil Young, has long stirred controversy with his views on the pandemic, government mandates and COVID-19 vaccines.

Rogan has questioned the need for vaccines and said he used ivermectin.

The drug is not approved for treatment of COVID-19 in Japan, and the U.S. Food & Drug Administration https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19, the World Health Organization, the EU drug regulator and Merck, which makes the drug, have warned against its use because of a lack of scientific evidence that it has therapeutic effect.

In guidance on its website dated September 2021, the FDA noted growing interest in the drug for preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans but said it had received multiple reports of patients who had required medical attention, including hospitalisation, after self-medicating with it.

The use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19 is currently being investigated in a UK trial run by the University of Oxford. The researchers said on Monday that it was still under way and they did not want to comment further until they have results to report.

Many potential COVID-19 treatments that showed promise in test tubes, including the antimalarial hydroxychloroquine promoted by former U.S. President Donald Trump, ultimately failed to show benefit for COVID-19 patients once studied in clinical trials.
i am assuming you read that and now believe that ivermectin should be left to the farm and ranch stores and hydroxychloroquine is probably better for arthritis and malaria.
Biker

Post by Biker »

I guess we'll ignore the fact that Ivermectin has been prescribed to 4.5 billion people and that Lord Fauci is on record for saying hydroxychloroquine was effective against Sars-Cov-1
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:40 pm I guess we'll ignore the fact that Ivermectin has been prescribed to 4.5 billion people and that Lord Fauci is on record for saying hydroxychloroquine was effective against Sars-Cov-1
i am just relaying the findings of the post you just made, stupid.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:30 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:17 pm I'm guessing the larger point is that to a great many people ivermectin is immediately scoffed at with no regard to "the science!!!".
They are still stinging from not being able to prove that hydroxychloroquine works. Ever since then they have been looking for anything outside of the vaccine as an alternative. Which is fine, but back it up with some real study and not internet memes and out of context snippets. If the science was there to prove that it works, it wouldn't be hidden away and only found by these nut job's social media posts.
To be fair, the study(ies) conducted on hydrochloroquine was(were) designed to fail; they tested people on deaths door with a medicine that is supposed to be used when you start showing symptoms. Its no different than accusing insulin of being useless to diabetics and pointing to a study where insulin was given to a diabetics whose kidneys had already completely failed.

Interestingly enough, in 2005 there was a study published in NIH Journal: “Chloroquine Is a Potent Inhibitor of SARS Coronavirus Infection and Spread”. Of course, this was lab only and to my knowledge there has not been actual, proper clinical test.

There should be proper clinical trials for Cloroquine and its cousin drugs; studies that consist of subjects showing early symptoms that just tested positive for covid. But, with no real profit margin to be had, don't hold your breathe. Just like pfizer screwing the pouch on long term study of the vaccine by giving their control group the vaccine shortly after the initial trial ended, sometimes "science" tries to force its results to what its handlers want, rather than being objective and just wanting to know the truth.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Biker

Post by Biker »

Cassandros wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:39 am
There should be proper clinical trials for Cloroquine and its cousin drugs; studies that consist of subjects showing early symptoms that just tested positive for covid. But, with no real profit margin to be had, don't hold your breathe. Just like pfizer screwing the pouch on long term study of the vaccine by giving their control group the vaccine shortly after the initial trial ended, sometimes "science" tries to force its results to what its handlers want, rather than being objective and just wanting to know the truth.
Moreover, if it was shown to be effective then the EUAs for the monoclonal and anti virals will have to b rescinded. Can’t have that when there is cash to be made. Too bad dipshit doesn’t understand this because he’s still stuck in the Mass Formation
Biker

Post by Biker »

Biker

Post by Biker »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Has anyone else noticed that its mostly purplish states that are easing mask restrictions while solidly blue states still seem to be in draconian overdrive?
Huh. This years election wouldnt have anything to do with that, would it?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Biker

Post by Biker »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:00 am Has anyone else noticed that its mostly purplish states that are easing mask restrictions while solidly blue states still seem to be in draconian overdrive?
California, Oregon, and NJ announced dropping mask mandates
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Biker wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:14 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:00 am Has anyone else noticed that its mostly purplish states that are easing mask restrictions while solidly blue states still seem to be in draconian overdrive?
California, Oregon, and NJ announced dropping mask mandates
Really?
Ok, cool. I stand corrected.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

The sight of governor hair gel unmasked in front of an HIV positive black man-the hypocrisy was too great.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Biker

Post by Biker »

This is totalitarianism; trust the government narrative or be labeled a terrorist. Time for the guillotine, boys

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

They’re not worried. The psyops was so good they turned Neil Young.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Biker

Post by Biker »

disco.moon wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:03 pm With the cases going down and mandates ending what are you guys gonna argue about in the coming months?
Animal will be pleading for his third booster while calling the rest of us Qidiots
stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Post by stonedmegman »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

:lol:
Biker

Post by Biker »

disco.moon wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:35 am
Biker wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:23 pm
disco.moon wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:03 pm With the cases going down and mandates ending what are you guys gonna argue about in the coming months?
Animal will be pleading for his third booster while calling the rest of us Qidiots
What propaganda will you be pushing then bb? Anti-flouride?
Lord no. Have you seen the women on the pole lately?
Biker

Post by Biker »

Huh, I thought you people had old timers' night at the club every now and then. My bad
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

Biker wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:55 am Huh, I thought you people had old timers' night at the club every now and then. My bad
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Hong Kong is finally racing to get people vaccinated. Why? Well they are having a tsunami of cases from omicron. Where they once had a a zero tolerance and at the most around 200 cases per day. They are now having over 4,000 cases per day and the numbers are growing. Hospitals are moving people out into the parking lots.

They are vaccinating around 100,000 people every single day. Its weird they would do that since vaccines don't work.
Biker

Post by Biker »

I guess we're just gonna ignore that before omicron hit they had a 66% fully vaxxed rate, which is higher than ours
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:45 pm I guess we're just gonna ignore that before omicron hit they had a 66% fully vaxxed rate, which is higher than ours
why would we ignore that? you seem to be the only one ignoring things.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:47 pm
Biker wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:45 pm I guess we're just gonna ignore that before omicron hit they had a 66% fully vaxxed rate, which is higher than ours
why would we ignore that? you seem to be the only one ignoring things.
Youre inference was that HK wasnt nearly vaccinated enough and that now they are racing to get jabbed.