Anyone watching the address?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Anyone watching the address?

Post by CaptQuint »

WASHINGTON ― The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is facing a call for an investigation after it sent a coronavirus mailing prominently featuring President Donald Trump’s name to millions of Americans.

“In terms of design, the main feature of the mailing is Trump’s name rather than the actual guidelines,” the watchdog group Accountable.US wrote in a Wednesday letter to the Department of Health and Human Services’ inspector general. “In fact, the message including the President’s name takes up more real estate on the postcard ― one full side ― than any other item.”

HHS oversees a number of agencies, including the CDC and the National Institutes of Health, that are involved in the coronavirus response. Both the CDC and HHS offered this response to HuffPost queries on the matter, and said they would have no further comment:

CDC, NIH, and Dr. [Deborah] Birx consulted on the content of this mailer through the White House Task Force for COVID-19. The Task Force has taken unprecedented steps to curb the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of Americans ― part of the response efforts include the mailer, which was sent out to millions of Americans to educate them on ways to help slow the spread.

The postcard dated March 16 is headlined “PRESIDENT TRUMP’S CORONAVIRUS GUIDELINES FOR AMERICA” in all capital letters, and displays the logos of the CDC and the White House. On the back are the same recommendations that were unveiled that day and are frequently referred to by Vice President Mike Pence during White House briefings. The placards Pence has been holding up, though, originally titled “15 Days to Slow the Spread” and then “30 Days to Slow the Spread,” do not feature Trump’s name.

It’s unclear who decided to use Trump’s name so prominently – the font size of the headline is the largest of anything on the card ― particularly since he did not really support those recommendations, he said recently, and only went along with them because he was afraid of being criticized if he did not.

“I don’t think ― if I would have not done it we would have been unbelievably criticized for not doing it,” he told Fox News in a Rose Garden interview on March 23.

“Because this mailing features Trump’s name above all else and clearly seeks to cover up his well-documented history of undermining CDC public health recommendations, it can be quite reasonably viewed as electioneering ― especially with Election Day fast approaching,” stated the letter, signed by Accountable.US President Kyle Herrig.

Other critics, including health experts, pointed out that because such a large percentage of the population dislikes and distrusts Trump, many Americans were likely to ignore the CDC’s recommendations solely because Trump was associated with them.

Trump downplayed the seriousness of the virus and its threat to Americans from Jan. 22 through March 15, at one point even calling concerns about it “a hoax.” Only in the last two days has Trump acknowledged that COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, is likely to kill 100,000 to 200,000 Americans, even if strict guidelines are observed across the country.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-cd ... d0c5d7d001
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:56 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:47 am
Stapes wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:43 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:23 am
DandyDon wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:39 pm Anyone watching today's shit show? He just told people if they had to go out and dont have a mask, they can use fucking scarf!

I'm thinking about making some masks out of some furnace filters I have.
You fucks will literally jump on anything. ORAGE MAN BAD!!1!11 Fucking pathetic.

Sources told The Washington Post that its new guidance would make clear that the general public should reserve medical masks, including surgical and N95 masks, for health care workers, but that the public might consider using do-it-yourself cloth coverings, the Post reported.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-healt ... t-be-wrong

Garsh…...maybe if trump didn't bother going golfing the first 2 months of this and listened to the intelligence agencies and health experts there would be plenty of masks to go around.

Trump cucks will do handstands to defend their leader though. Especially biker and cheezy
Its not defending Trump; its correcting Dons and capt's incorrect implication that using a different material was somehow stupid when that is exactly what is being suggested for some people. Its noted right in the link I provided.
Excuse me? I did what now?
My mistake. Shouldnt have lumped you in there with Dons dumbassery.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

DandyDon wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:39 pm Anyone watching today's shit show? He just told people if they had to go out and dont have a mask, they can use fucking scarf!

You fucks will literally jump on anything. ORAGE MAN BAD!!1!11 Fucking pathetic.

Sources told The Washington Post that its new guidance would make clear that the general public should reserve medical masks, including surgical and N95 masks, for health care workers, but that the public might consider using do-it-yourself cloth coverings, the Post reported.

Garsh…...maybe if trump didn't bother going golfing the first 2 months of this and listened to the intelligence agencies and health experts there would be plenty of masks to go around.

Trump cucks will do handstands to defend their leader though. Especially biker and cheezy
Its not defending Trump; its correcting Dons and capt's incorrect implication that using a different material was somehow stupid when that is exactly what is being suggested for some people. Its noted right in the link I provided.
The point was that 'The Cult' believes every word Typhoid Trump says, and will be out and about in public wearing a scarf that does nothing instead of staying the fuck home like they should, just because he said it is OK.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Media outlets pulling reporters from Trump press conferences because they’re a waste of time and a health risk

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/media- ... sk-report/
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:22 am
FSchmertz wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:53 am

If you do some research, you'll find most experts think anything but N95 masks have very little protective utility.

But until we have enough for the medical professionals, we've got to follow the next most protective method, which is social distancing, and staying home as much as possible. Anything else is mostly just to make us feel better by pretending it protects us.
Its also a fluid and rapidly changing situation. Which is why do-it-yourself masks are even being thought about at all. The point is that those two fucknuts mocked the suggestion as if it was retarded when it is actually being suggested (saving the "good" masks for the people most in harms way). Sure they wont be as effective as the proper mask but right now it seems the experts are not exactly against it as Don and Cap would have you believe. At this point for some vulnerable people I'd say "very little protective ability" is better than none, no?
But its not very little protective ability, its none. Its fucking science, not faith.

And we have this, but use a scarf and get back to work...

Protective gear in national stockpile is nearly depleted, DHS officials say

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Jeezus H. Christ. You are so fucking desperate. Here is your original quote:
dandydon wrote:He just told people if they had to go out and dont have a mask, they can use fucking scarf!
And here are two links, one quoting the fucking CDC, saying exactly what you were making fun of:

CDC considering recommending general public wear face coverings in public

"Instead, the recommendation under consideration calls for using do-it-yourself cloth coverings, according to a second official who shared that thinking on a personal Facebook account. It would be a way to help “flatten the curve,” the official noted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/c ... story.html

You were told no mask if you don’t have coronavirus. That might be wrong.

"The Washington Post that its new guidance would make clear that the general public should reserve medical masks, including surgical and N95 masks, for health care workers, but that the public might consider using do-it-yourself cloth coverings, the Post reported."

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:15 am Jeezus H. Christ. You are so fucking desperate. Here is your original quote:
dandydon wrote:He just told people if they had to go out and dont have a mask, they can use fucking scarf!
And here are two links, one quoting the fucking CDC, saying exactly what you were making fun of:

CDC considering recommending general public wear face coverings in public

"Instead, the recommendation under consideration calls for using do-it-yourself cloth coverings, according to a second official who shared that thinking on a personal Facebook account. It would be a way to help “flatten the curve,” the official noted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/c ... story.html

You were told no mask if you don’t have coronavirus. That might be wrong.

"The Washington Post that its new guidance would make clear that the general public should reserve medical masks, including surgical and N95 masks, for health care workers, but that the public might consider using do-it-yourself cloth coverings, the Post reported."

Instead, the recommendation under consideration calls for using do-it-yourself cloth coverings, according to a second official who shared that thinking on a personal Facebook account.

Solid advise right there.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

MAKE AMERICA SAUDI ARABIA AGAIN!!!

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:25 am MAKE AMERICA SAUDI ARABIA AGAIN!!!

If the rest of her looks as good as her eyes, I am in.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Today was fucking epic! M-O-O-N... That spells moron. :lol:

Trump reading says COVID-19, then adds, "You know what that is? Right? Become a very famous term. C-O-V-I-D. COVID."

Later he just shambles off stage like a lost drunk old man trying to find the bathroom.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Remember when DandyDon was making fun of Trump for saying maybe people should wear some sort of cover over their mouths even if they cant get proper masks?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Now some governors are suggesting the same thing.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:07 am Remember when DandyDon was making fun of Trump for saying maybe people should wear some sort of cover over their mouths even if they cant get proper masks?

Now some governors are suggesting the same thing. Just like we're sending them ventilators now.
The point was we were sending fucking masks to China during this whole ordeal you fucking moron. Just like we're sending Russia ventilators now instead of our own States.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

DandyDon wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:27 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:07 am Remember when DandyDon was making fun of Trump for saying maybe people should wear some sort of cover over their mouths even if they cant get proper masks?

Now some governors are suggesting the same thing. Just like we're sending them ventilators now.
The point was we were sending fucking masks to China during this whole ordeal you fucking moron. Just like we're sending Russia ventilators now instead of our own States.
No, the point was you thought it was an opportunity to make fun of Trump and now experts are saying that those in the worst areas should do it. Just admit it and move on. Your TDS got ahold of you.
dandydon wrote:Anyone watching today's shit show? He just told people if they had to go out and dont have a mask, they can use fucking scarf!

DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

For some reason this was on the podium today while everyone waited for Trump. Sooo... :lol:

DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:22 am
DandyDon wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:27 pm

No, the point was you thought it was an opportunity to make fun of Trump and now experts are saying that those in the worst areas should do it. Just admit it and move on. Your TDS got ahold of you.
dandydon wrote:Anyone watching today's shit show? He just told people if they had to go out and dont have a mask, they can use fucking scarf!

Anything short of an n95 mask is all but useless anyway. Certainly scarves and such aren't going to do anything given the relative size of viruses. Its like covering an open window with chicken wire to keep out mosquitoes. Anything less than an n95 is more an appearance of a solution for the feeling than an actual solution.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I don't think wearing masks is necessarily a bad thing......I'm sure it must help a little bit in keeping breath droplets from carrying from the mask wearern which can't hurt.

I'm sure half the people that are wearing them think they are protecting themselves instead of other people from them
I blame Biker.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Stapes wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:22 pm I don't think wearing masks is necessarily a bad thing......I'm sure it must help a little bit in keeping breath droplets from carrying from the mask wearern which can't hurt.

I'm sure half the people that are wearing them think they are protecting themselves instead of other people from them
And then the danger is they forget keeping socially distant is far more protective for them personally. As you said, the mask is to provide some protection for others in case you've got the stealth plague.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:15 am Image
Looks like she took a dinner napkin off her dining room table
I blame Biker.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

TDS.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

"T.rump D.ick S.ucker"