Normally I don't fux with stocks

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Normally I don't fux with stocks

Post by Geist »

But I decided to play around with an extra few grand instead of letting it sit in savings. No day trading, just picking up a few I thought could bounce back nicely eventually. AMC, Live Nation, Southwest, Dave and Buster's, BP, few other oil and entertainment. Oh and Groupon on the cheap end.

Thoughts? Whatchu do?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Normally I don't fux with stocks

Post by Reservoir Dog »

This is a great time to be buying.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

Doing the same. Found a bunch that were $50ish before the KungFlu and now are about $10ish.

Problem is that the bounce back might be later than sooner.

Fun times!
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

The only addition to my portfolio was Zoom about a month ago. Ive added to some others like Crowdstrike, Datadog, and The Trade Desk.
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty

B-Tender wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:32 pm The only addition to my portfolio was Zoom about a month ago. Ive added to some others like Crowdstrike, Datadog, and The Trade Desk.
How does Zoom make $$$ ?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

I'd avoid the airlines. Too high a risk they're coming back via chapter 11.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Why do you think now is the time to buy?

If I were you, I'd buy some mutual funds or ETFs and forget it about it. Unless you work at it or get really lucky, it's really hard to outperform the market after fees. Every investor says they outperform, the reality is that if you did an ACTUAL evaluation of their portfolio they either took on substantially more risk or had inside information. Everyone thinks THEY are the genius who can outperform. Dunning–Kruger effect in play.

Know a guy who attributes his substantial IRA to his investing intelligence and the fact he outperforms the market every year. His secretary told me he invested vast sums back in the 70's in a scheme and his real return was far less than market returns. He hired an attorney who wrote up a "bond" that was for a business they owned. He had his IRA buy the bond for $100,000 and it had a 40% interest rate attached to it that his business paid to the IRA. Boom, he was able to contribute $40,000 to his IRA and avoid taxes because the bond interest was an expense. Completely illegal and would be easily caught today but without solid computers in the 70's and early 80's it was hard to catch.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

AnalHamster wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:10 pm I'd avoid the airlines. Too high a risk they're coming back via chapter 11.
'Ello gov'na forgetting something are we?

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I'm not a big Apple fan boi but I bought a bunch awhile back when it was really down. So far so good.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:06 pm
B-Tender wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:32 pm The only addition to my portfolio was Zoom about a month ago. Ive added to some others like Crowdstrike, Datadog, and The Trade Desk.
How does Zoom make $$$ ?
By selling access to your teleconfrence and then saying OOPS.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

When you bought Zoom, did you buy ZM or ZOOM? The wrong company had been outperforming the real company.

I remember when I first started there was a news piece for Microsoft (MSFT) and the stock that rushed ahead for a few hours was MFST.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

How does Zoom make $$$ ?
Before the virus Zoom was growing rapidly by selling subscriptions to businesses and higher educational sectors. It's recent boom in the public sector was really just happenstance because of the current situation. Their real income comes from the business platforms they offer.

When I first bought shares, it was already well off it's high. Then the lack of security concerns drove it down, well below where I bought it. It has since rebounded and is up significantly from where I entered.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Biker wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:04 pm If its a casual thing for you, buy a company that you actually support and like their products/services.
No results found for PHUB
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty

B-Tender wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:18 pm
How does Zoom make $$$ ?
Before the virus Zoom was growing rapidly by selling subscriptions to businesses and higher educational sectors. It's recent boom in the public sector was really just happenstance because of the current situation. Their real income comes from the business platforms they offer.

When I first bought shares, it was already well off it's high. Then the lack of security concerns drove it down, well below where I bought it. It has since rebounded and is up significantly from where I entered.
Thanks. And good for you for not bailing.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Geist wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:28 pm
Biker wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:04 pm If its a casual thing for you, buy a company that you actually support and like their products/services.
No results found for PHUB
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MindGeek
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

My 3 latest individual buys:
Apple + 3.4%
Exxon/Mobile + 1.7%
Facebook (last year) + 5.7%
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

https://finance.townhall.com/columnists ... n-n2113143

I'm considering this adjustment for about 15% of my portfolio.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Zoom shares drop 6% as Facebook rolls out free video calls for up to 50 people

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/24/zoom-st ... il-30.html
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:34 pm Zoom shares drop 6% as Facebook rolls out free video calls for up to 50 people

I read about that on Friday. Probably a good time to add shares. Facebook isn't a threat to Zoom here.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

B-Tender wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:54 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:34 pm Zoom shares drop 6% as Facebook rolls out free video calls for up to 50 people

I read about that on Friday. Probably a good time to add shares. Facebook isn't a threat to Zoom here.
From what I just read you're correct facebook won't be used in a professional setting
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:59 pm
B-Tender wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:54 pm

From what I just read you're correct facebook won't be used in a professional setting
Exactly.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

I just looked, ZM shares were at $151 in that article. They are at $165 today.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

My "Covid Crash" picks:
Apple: +16%
Exxon/Mobile: +6%

After the Facebook crash:
Facebook: +29%

Right now I'm thinking about Costco and Shopify. Havent pulled the trigger on either yet.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:09 am My "Covid Crash" picks:
Apple: +16%
Exxon/Mobile: +6%

After the Facebook crash:
Facebook: +29%

Right now I'm thinking about Costco and Shopify. Havent pulled the trigger on either yet.
the only thing i bought, about a month ago (I posted it on that day) was an index mutual fund. i was going crazy trying to pick one or two individual stocks.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Closing price on Apr 24 vs May 20:

Crowdstrike-$72/$80.98

Zoom-$158.80/175.48

Datadog-$41.81/70.70

The Trade Desk-$256.63/297.10