December 15, 2020 - Vaccine date

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: December 15, 2020 - Vaccine date

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:44 pm
Participants in Moderna and Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine trials told CNBC in September that they were experiencing high fever, body aches, bad headaches, daylong exhaustion and other symptoms after receiving the shots. While the symptoms were uncircumcized, and at times intense, the participants said they often went away after a day, sometimes sooner, and that it was better than getting Covid-19.
Yeah, I imagine it's better than dying or maybe being crippled for life.

Another reason to vaccinate those most likely to croak or have severe complications from the plague really early.

I know I'm eagerly awaiting the return to normal life.

P.S. Though that's really after a lot of other people get it too.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:51 pm
Participants in Moderna and Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine trials told CNBC in September that they were experiencing high fever, body aches, bad headaches, daylong exhaustion and other symptoms after receiving the shots. While the symptoms were uncircumcized, and at times intense, the participants said they often went away after a day, sometimes sooner, and that it was better than getting Covid-19.

Another reason to vaccinate those most likely to croak or have severe complications from the plague really early.

So now the virus is crippling people for life? :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Yeah, i heard a lady interviewed that was in the vaccine trials and thats how she described it. She said it was a 2 shot thing, 45 days apart (I think she said that). Anyway, she said the first shot was nothing, and then with the 2nd shot she said she felt like she was coming down with it. Similar symptoms that you hear from people, exhaustion, body aches, fever, etc. But she said it only lasted about 1 day and then it completely went away. She said it wasn't a big deal at all and she would do it again.

That's pretty much the exact same thing that I have heard from people that got the Shingles vaccine. I have had part 1, but part 2 is 90 days and that will be about another month for me.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:54 pm

So, not very knowledgeable about this, huh?

Lots of cardiac problems, not sure if they'll go away, people who might have permanent lung damage?

Even you might be able to google stuff on that.

Here's an example of an "elderly etc person" who's had it rough:

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-rave ... -says.html
Baltimore Ravens defensive end Calais Campbell felt concerned when a report surfaced over the weekend saying Jaguars running back Ryquell Armstead had been hospitalized twice because of complications related to coronavirus.

Campbell said the news prompted him to reach out to his former teammate — and it made him reflect on the danger of playing football through a pandemic. Armstead, a 23-year-old ball-carrier out of Temple, has suffered significant respiratory issues since contracting COVID-19 and is not expected to return to the field this year, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
blah blah blah that's an exception can't happen to me I'm a Biden supporting true democrat! ;)
Biker

Post by Biker »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Lots of cardiac problems, not sure if they'll go away, people who might have permanent lung damage?

Baltimore Ravens defensive end Calais Campbell felt concerned when a report surfaced over the weekend saying Jaguars running back Ryquell Armstead had been hospitalized twice because of complications related to coronavirus.

Campbell said the news prompted him to reach out to his former teammate — and it made him reflect on the danger of playing football through a pandemic. Armstead, a 23-year-old ball-carrier out of Temple, has suffered significant respiratory issues since contracting COVID-19 and is not expected to return to the field this year, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
blah blah blah that's an exception can't happen to me I'm a Biden supporting true democrat! ;)
It is an outlier and nobody who believes in science thinks that you create protocols based solely on corner cases
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:55 pm
Yeah, i heard a lady interviewed that was in the vaccine trials and thats how she described it. She said it was a 2 shot thing, 45 days apart (I think she said that). Anyway, she said the first shot was nothing, and then with the 2nd shot she said she felt like she was coming down with it. Similar symptoms that you hear from people, exhaustion, body aches, fever, etc. But she said it only lasted about 1 day and then it completely went away. She said it wasn't a big deal at all and she would do it again.

That's pretty much the exact same thing that I have heard from people that got the Shingles vaccine. I have had part 1, but part 2 is 90 days and that will be about another month for me.
I heard one of the two is 21 days apart, the other is 4 weeks?

I guess we'll learn more when they start "shooting." :)
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:02 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:01 pm

It is an outlier and nobody who believes in science thinks that you create protocols based solely on corner cases
Just pointing out that death isn't the only consequence from getting this, and those most at risk are also the ones more likely to get life-altering complications from it. And therefore they appear to be among the first to get the vaccine, from what I've read so far.

Sounds like they'll be starting with nursing homes and assisted/senior living places early on.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:10 pmJust pointing out that death isn't the only consequence from getting this, and those most at risk are also the ones more likely to get life-altering complications from it. And therefore they appear to be among the first to get the vaccine, from what I've read so far.

Sounds like they'll be starting with nursing homes and assisted/senior living places early on.
I'd be a little skeptical about the sports examples. I think some of those guys are just afraid of it (which is fine) but they have contracts and lost wages and lawsuits and other stuff that complicate things. Which "might" lead to them exaggerating things a bit.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

speaking as the resident expert. i have 2 family members that made it out of icu. one is 85 with a bad heart and one is 55 with 5 stints in the past 2 years with severe asthma and diabetes. both are fine now.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:19 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:10 pmJust pointing out that death isn't the only consequence from getting this, and those most at risk are also the ones more likely to get life-altering complications from it. And therefore they appear to be among the first to get the vaccine, from what I've read so far.

I'd be a little skeptical about the sports examples. I think some of those guys are just afraid of it (which is fine) but they have contracts and lost wages and lawsuits and other stuff that complicate things. Which "might" lead to them exaggerating things a bit.
Well, he does have asthma, which is one of the factors that makes one especially vulnerable to this. Though it didn't seem to keep him from playing at a high level for a long time.

I imagine pre-existing conditions will be one of the factors considered when deciding the priority of vaccination.

(Signed, Captain Obvious? :lol:)
Biker

Post by Biker »

pork wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:25 pm speaking as the resident expert. i have 2 family members that made it out of icu. one is 85 with a bad heart and one is 55 with 5 stints in the past 2 years with severe asthma and diabetes. both are fine now.
But they are probably crippled for life??!!!?!?!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:18 pm
pork wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:25 pm speaking as the resident expert. i have 2 family members that made it out of icu. one is 85 with a bad heart and one is 55 with 5 stints in the past 2 years with severe asthma and diabetes. both are fine now.
But are theyre probably crippled for life??!!!?!?!
obviously. duh.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

How strange deaths from other causes have decreased so much.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2020/11 ... on-n286080

John Hopkins pulled its own study. Said it was being used for nefarious purposes.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

As assistant director for the Master’s in Applied Economics program at Hopkins, Briand is neither a medical professional nor a disease researcher. At her talk, she herself stated that more research and data are needed to understand the effects of COVID-19 in the U.S.

Briand was quoted in the article as saying, “All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers.” This claim is incorrect and does not take into account the spike in raw death count from all causes compared to previous years. According to the CDC, there have been almost 300,000 excess deaths due to COVID-19. Additionally, Briand presented data of total U.S. deaths in comparison to COVID-19-related deaths as a proportion percentage, which trivializes the repercussions of the pandemic. This evidence does not disprove the severity of COVID-19; an increase in excess deaths is not represented in these proportionalities because they are offered as percentages, not raw numbers.

Briand also claimed in her analysis that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may be incorrectly categorized as COVID-19-related deaths. However, COVID-19 disproportionately affects those with preexisting conditions, so those with those underlying conditions are statistically more likely to be severely affected and die from the virus.

Because of these inaccuracies and our failure to provide additional information about the effects of COVID-19, The News-Letter decided to retract this article. It is our duty as a publication to combat the spread of misinformation and to enhance our fact-checking process. We apologize to our readers.

The CDC begs to differ.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... deaths.htm
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Charliesheen wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:16 pm How strange deaths from other causes have decreased so much.

John Hopkins pulled its own study. Said it was being used for nefarious purposes.
this is EXACTLY what they don't want people to know. It blows up their entire narrative for the past 9 months. No decisions are made based on science. They are made based on lobbyist groups.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I heard from my garbageman the virus is a hoax
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:35 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:16 pm How strange deaths from other causes have decreased so much.

this is EXACTLY what they don't want people to know. It blows up their entire narrative for the past 9 months. No decisions are made based on science. They are made based on lobbyist groups.

The right has to consume and perpetrate false information and ignore accepted data and facts because otherwise they would have to come to the realization that everything they believe in, everything they promote as the truth is a lie and they are the ignorant fools they believe everyone else to be......their life is a great lie of delusion and deceit
I blame Biker.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Stapes wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:34 pm

The right has to consume and perpetrate false information and ignore accepted data and facts because otherwise they would have to come to the realization that everything they believe in, everything they promote as the truth is a lie and they are the ignorant fools they believe everyone else to be......their life is a great lie of delusion and deceit
So you find it completely reasonable that deaths from other causes have plummeted in the age of the Wuhan coronavirus? Are you that much of a dupe?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

:lol: Yeah, we funded that study, stupid.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Biker wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:38 pm

So you find it completely reasonable that deaths from other causes have plummeted in the age of the Wuhan coronavirus? Are you that much of a dupe?

I don't see any evidence of that....I don't give any credence to an article from a misinformation website like RedState. It's already a proven fact that there are between 200,000 and 300,000 excess deaths in this country...not less.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:48 pm

I don't see any evidence of that....I don't give any credence to an article from a misinformation website like RedState. It's already a proven fact that there are between 200,000 and 300,000 excess deaths in this country...not less.
it was a Johns Hopkins study. It doesn't get any more sciencey than that.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:51 pm
Stapes wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:48 pm

it was a Johns Hopkins study. It doesn't get any more sciencey than that.

From John Hopkins........can't get more sciencey than that. DUPE

https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2 ... o-covid-19

Editor’s Note: After The News-Letter published this article on Nov. 22, it was brought to our attention that our coverage of Genevieve Briand’s presentation “COVID-19 Deaths: A Look at U.S. Data” has been used to support dangerous inaccuracies that minimize the impact of the pandemic.

We decided on Nov. 26 to retract this article to stop the spread of misinformation, as we noted on social media. However, it is our responsibility as journalists to provide a historical record. We have chosen to take down the article from our website, but it is available here as a PDF.

In accordance with our standards for transparency, we are sharing with our readers how we came to this decision. The News-Letter is an editorially and financially independent, student-run publication. Our articles and content are not endorsed by the University or the School of Medicine, and our decision to retract this article was made independently.

Briand’s study should not be used exclusively in understanding the impact of COVID-19, but should be taken in context with the countless other data published by Hopkins, the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

As assistant director for the Master’s in Applied Economics program at Hopkins, Briand is neither a medical professional nor a disease researcher. At her talk, she herself stated that more research and data are needed to understand the effects of COVID-19 in the U.S.

Briand was quoted in the article as saying, “All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers.” This claim is incorrect and does not take into account the spike in raw death count from all causes compared to previous years. According to the CDC, there have been almost 300,000 excess deaths due to COVID-19. Additionally, Briand presented data of total U.S. deaths in comparison to COVID-19-related deaths as a proportion percentage, which trivializes the repercussions of the pandemic. This evidence does not disprove the severity of COVID-19; an increase in excess deaths is not represented in these proportionalities because they are offered as percentages, not raw numbers.

Briand also claimed in her analysis that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may be incorrectly categorized as COVID-19-related deaths. However, COVID-19 disproportionately affects those with preexisting conditions, so those with those underlying conditions are statistically more likely to be severely affected and die from the virus.

Because of these inaccuracies and our failure to provide additional information about the effects of COVID-19, The News-Letter decided to retract this article. It is our duty as a publication to combat the spread of misinformation and to enhance our fact-checking process. We apologize to our readers.
I blame Biker.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Also from Johns Hopkins, a follow up to that study:

https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2 ... o-covid-19
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

So, I guess what you guys are saying is that anything ever put out by Johns Hopkins is questionable at best because they just rubber stamp any la-di-dah study that comes along and put their name on it?

I can't fucking count the number of John's Hopkins related studies and quotes and science stuff that has been posted in the past 9 months relating to covid that we were told was gospel. Because its science.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:57 pm So, I guess what you guys are saying is that anything ever put out by Johns Hopkins is questionable at best because they just rubber stamp any la-di-dah study that comes along and put their name on it?

I can't fucking count the number of John's Hopkins related studies and quotes and science stuff that has been posted in the past 9 months relating to covid that we were told was gospel. Because its science.

That's why they retracted it goal post mover.......
I blame Biker.