Vaccine Tracker

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Vaccine Tracker

Post by Animal »

So far, this is the only one that I have found. It seems pretty reliable. The news sources seem to stay several days behind on the numbers they report. If anyone finds a more reliable site, post the link.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covi ... tribution/

It doesn't cut and paste very well, but total doses administered so far 4,284,534.

Jurisdiction Doses distributed Doses administered % shots used
U.S. total 13,071,925 4,284,534 32.8
California 1,476,425 412,076 27.9
Texas 942,825 365,455 38.8
Florida 801,150 246,587 30.8
New York 774,075 236,941 30.6
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Re: Vaccine Tracker

Post by Cassandros »

Meh.

Not like these numbers matter.

Even if they vaccinate 7 billion people, twice, the virus will always mutate and always be treated as an end of humanity situation. The irony of course being that in the effort to sterilize life for all people at all times... we will weaken our natural immune system in the process and be MORE vulnerable to disease because of these idiotic efforts at "safety".
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Cassandros wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:40 pm Meh.

Even if they vaccinate 7 billion people, twice, the virus will always mutate and always be treated as an end of humanity situation. The irony of course being that in the effort to sterilize life for all people at all times... we will weaken our natural immune system in the process and be MORE vulnerable to disease because of these idiotic efforts at "safety".
Jesus Christ
I blame Biker.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Truth hurts.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

So Bloomberg is a reliable source? Bloomberg’s headline is some gossip about Trump trying to find votes in Georgia.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:51 pm So Bloomberg is a reliable source? Bloomberg’s headline is some gossip about Trump trying to find votes in Georgia.
i have no idea what bloomberg is. Like I posted, its the only vaccine tracker that I could find. I'm sure there are others.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Yeah, I got smallpox twice this year because no virus can be vaccinated against.

Vaccines strengthen the immune system, you fucking moron. They simply train it to recognise a threat, that is the full extent of what they do. It is the immune system, not the vaccination, that actually beats off the virus. Is there any topic you are not completely ignorant of? If so, I really don't think it's yet come up.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:45 am

Yeah, I got smallpox twice this year because no virus can be vaccinated against.

Vaccines strengthen the immune system, you fucking moron. They simply train it to recognise a threat, that is the full extent of what they do. It is the immune system, not the vaccination, that actually beats off the virus. Is there any topic you are not completely ignorant of? If so, I really don't think it's yet come up.

I miss measles
I blame Biker.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Misconstruing things, as usual.

1) The narrative is moving towards covid mutating similar as the flu. Reading between the lines you'll need annual shots to keep up with mutations. As such, why keep up with the vaccinations as they happen?

2) The over sterilization of things isn't the vaccine end of the equation. Its on the side where we are literally wiping everything with anti-bacterial sanitizers constantly. I don't like this trend, and for the reasons quoted above.

But, thanks as always for just flying half cocked. Its always entertaining.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Cassandros wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:00 am

1) The narrative is moving towards covid mutating similar as the flu. Reading between the lines you'll need annual shots to keep up with mutations. As such, why keep up with the vaccinations as they happen?

2) The over sterilization of things isn't the vaccine end of the equation. Its on the side where we are literally wiping everything with anti-bacterial sanitizers constantly. I don't like this trend, and for the reasons quoted above.

For the same reasons there's a huge flu vaccination campaign each year, you blithering idiot. Not likely in the coronavirus case, but if it were annual, you'd get vaccinated to reduce the spread and prevent a quarter to a half million deaths annually, just in the US. In the current case there's a small little extra reason which is that it's a global pandemic. Just how dumb are you?

Bacteria and viruses are not the same thing dummy. The overuse of antibiotics and sanitizers strengthens bacteria through natural selection, it doesn't alter your immune system. You understand that when we had no antibiotics and didn't sanitize surfaces, it didn't mean everyone had superman immunity, right? It just meant an average life expectancy in the late 40s, in the rich nations.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:23 pmtotal doses administered so far 4,284,534.
That was yesterday at 12:23. Today at 5:03 the total doses administered is at 4,661,821. That's an increase of 377,287. Man, they are going to get that number up around 2 million per day to make any kind of headway.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:05 pm

For the same reasons there's a huge flu vaccination campaign each year, you blithering idiot. Not likely in the coronavirus case, but if it were annual, you'd get vaccinated to reduce the spread and prevent a quarter to a half million deaths annually, just in the US. In the current case there's a small little extra reason which is that it's a global pandemic. Just how dumb are you?

Bacteria and viruses are not the same thing dummy. The overuse of antibiotics and sanitizers strengthens bacteria through natural selection, it doesn't alter your immune system. You understand that when we had no antibiotics and didn't sanitize surfaces, it didn't mean everyone had superman immunity, right? It just meant an average life expectancy in the late 40s, in the rich nations.
You sure are projecting a lot of derp. Slightly more than usual these days... You feeling OK?

Anyway:

A) There is no reason to keep track of covid vaccination rates. Especially since odds are high this will become an all the time thing. Are you capable of understanding this simple set of words? Or do I need to find a 5 years to dumb this down further?

B) Who do you think has a better chance of surviving a virus or bacterial 'bug', the person whose system has experienced and has dealt with a multitude of different germs, or the person who hasn't because they sterilize everything in their day-to-day life?

((Though the real question is: can you have a straight forward conversation without trying to bullshit, spin a narrative, or just outright lie?

My guess is NO. But, hey, maybe you can prove me wrong for a change...))
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Cassandros wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:20 am
AnalHamster wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:05 pm

You sure are projecting a lot of derp. Slightly more than usual these days... You feeling OK?

Anyway:

A) There is no reason to keep track of covid vaccination rates. Especially since odds are high this will become an all the time thing. Are you capable of understanding this simple set of words? Or do I need to find a 5 years to dumb this down further?

B) Who do you think has a better chance of surviving a virus or bacterial 'bug', the person whose system has experienced and has dealt with a multitude of different germs, or the person who hasn't because they sterilize everything in their day-to-day life?

((Though the real question is: can you have a straight forward conversation without trying to bullshit, spin a narrative, or just outright lie?

My guess is NO. But, hey, maybe you can prove me wrong for a change...))
The odds are in fact not high this will become an all the time thing, though there will be other coronaviruses. Even if the odds were high, it remains unclear just why you think that means don't bother getting vaccines and don't bother doing basic routine monitoring of the administration of vaccines. Perhaps you could just link to wherever is telling you what to think on this? Because what you are saying makes zero sense. Why would you not want to keep track of the progress and effectiveness of a tightly rationed vaccination program? Do you oppose other vaccinations too, or just this one?

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of how the immune system works. If you catch a bug it is better prepared to deal with that bug next time. It doesn't level up for all unknown pathogens. Can you grasp that?
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Union workers refusing to step up and take one for the team. Disgusting fucks they are

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:48 pm Union workers refusing to step up and take one for the team. Disgusting fucks they are

I recommend that we put Chick-fil-A in charge of vaccinations. Give them around $1.00 every time they give a shot?
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:54 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:48 pm Union workers refusing to step up and take one for the team. Disgusting fucks they are

I recommend that we put Chick-fil-A in charge of vaccinations. Give them around $1.00 every time they give a shot?
Government and union employees certainly cannot handle the job that private corporations can. We've seen it time and time and time again, but yet, Capt Stapes and Co put their full faith into these inefficient groups
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:56 pm

Government and union employees certainly cannot handle the job that private corporations can. We've seen it time and time and time again, but yet, Capt Stapes and Co put their full faith into these inefficient groups
these are the same people that think that our government can improve health care. :lol:
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Like every other developed country's government has.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:09 pm

these are the same people that think that our government can improve health care. :lol:
My understanding is, at least in NJ, they're depending a lot on the chain drugstores (CVS & Walgreens, for two) to administer the vaccines.

And I heard NYC is trying to set up 7 day a week 24 hour vaccination centers. I have no idea if they're running into union troubles as a result though.

P.S. Chick-fil whatever will only do 6 days a week though! ;)
Biker

Post by Biker »

'The NHS is at risk being overwhelmed in the next 21 days': Chief medical officers warns of 'immense pressure' on medics as hospitalisations soar past their level at peak of first wave

NHS is under 'immense pressure', chief medical officers for England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland said
Their statement came as Boris Johnson plunged England into a national lockdown for the third time
Letter saw Britain's Covid alert level raised to five - its highest - for the first time since the pandemic began

The UK's chief medical officers have warned of a 'material risk of the NHS being overwhelmed' in the next 21 days as the mutant Covid strain wreaks havoc across the country.

Parts of the health service are under 'immense pressure', the chief medical officers for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland said in a joint statement on Monday.

Their letter saw Britain's Covid alert level raised to five - its highest - for the first time since the pandemic began, meaning 'transmission is high or rising exponentially' and 'there is a material risk of healthcare services being overwhelmed'.

Boris Johnson warned that hospitals are 40 per cent busier than the first peak of the virus in April 2020 - as doctors liken working for in the NHS to being in a warzone.

Analysis has suggested that the UK could be facing 100,000 fatalities as early as February - while the number of people in hospital beds in London and the east have soared by 68 per cent since December 25.

The British Medical Association (BMA) welcomed the lockdown announced on Monday evening as it warned that hospitals are 'stretched to breaking point'.

In his address to the nation, Mr Johnson said: 'Our hospitals are under more pressure from Covid than at any time since the start of the pandemic.

'In England alone, the number of Covid patients has increased by nearly a third in the last week to almost 27,000.

'That number is 40 per cent higher than the first peak in April.'

He said that across the UK, a record number of people tested positive for coronavirus on December 29 - around 80,000 people.

Mr Johnson said that the number of deaths was up 20 per cent in the last seven days - and 'will sadly rise further'.

Meanwhile, there are currently 26,626 Covid patients in hospital in England, a 30 per cent rise on the week before.

The peak of admissions in the first wave of Coronavirus was 18,974 on April 12, 2020.

The patients taking up more than a fifth of all beds - compared to a sixth in 2020. Staffing shortages caused by the latest wave have meant that hospitals could hit capacity sooner than they did previously.

The 3,145 people admitted yesterday is 40 per cent more than the 3,099 admitted on April 1.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

I don't even understand Biker's point. What union is he talking about? Nurses? Ummmm.....maybe they are busy treating patients 16 hours a day? They aren't in charge of distribution. Shouldn't this been all worked out months ago by OPERATION WARP SPEED!! Oh right....another trump admin failure.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:37 pm

My understanding is, at least in NJ, they're depending a lot on the chain drugstores (CVS & Walgreens, for two) to administer the vaccines.

And I heard NYC is trying to set up 7 day a week 24 hour vaccination centers. I have no idea if they're running into union troubles as a result though.

I know the plan is go get to the point of letting CVS, Walgreens and even drug counters at Grocery stores administer the vaccine. But are they arleady starting to do that now? I have not heard about anything being done like that in the area I am in. I thought right now it was only being done in the big hospitals.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:40 pm I don't even understand Biker's point. What union is he talking about? Nurses? Ummmm.....maybe they are busy treating patients 16 hours a day? They aren't in charge of distribution. Shouldn't this been all worked out months ago by OPERATION WARP SPEED!! Oh right....another trump admin failure.
Yes, nurses and nurses aides unions. You think its a coincidence that the vaccines are administered from 8-5 weekdays and not on holidays or weekends? Think again. Its greedy union cunts that refuse to make a concession during a pandemic
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:40 pm I don't even understand Biker's point. What union is he talking about? Nurses? Ummmm.....maybe they are busy treating patients 16 hours a day? They aren't in charge of distribution. Shouldn't this been all worked out months ago by OPERATION WARP SPEED!! Oh right....another trump admin failure.
each state is in charge of their own distribution and that has been supposed to be worked on for months now. Texas is doing pretty well in comparison to the rest of the country. Texas has administered over 40% of the doses it has been given. In comparison, Pennsylvania only 27%, NYc only 24%, California only 24% and NJ only 26%.

i doubt you want to talk about those admin failures, though.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:42 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:37 pm

I know the plan is go get to the point of letting CVS, Walgreens and even drug counters at Grocery stores administer the vaccine. But are they arleady starting to do that now? I have not heard about anything being done like that in the area I am in. I thought right now it was only being done in the big hospitals.
Apparently right now CVS & Walgreens etc are handling nursing homes as a federal effort
The federal program to administer doses in nursing homes has been sluggish. In New York, about 47% of the 288 facilities involved in the federal nursing home program with CVS and Walgreens have finished first doses, according to Cuomo. At a press conference Monday, Cuomo said 85% of nursing home residents in the state would receive the vaccine by week's end.
https://gothamist.com/news/after-slow-s ... ime-sprint