Vaccine Tracker

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Vaccine Tracker

Post by Animal »

Cassandros wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:52 am Bad examples to justify tyranny are still bad. No matter how often you repeat them.

Do you agree that every kid in a school should be forced to show their lunch to a lunch monitor every day to prove they don't have any banned substances, like peanuts, in their meals under the premise that 'if we don't do this, someone might get sick'?

This is much more in line with what is happening than any of that block of text above.
actually, if me having a peanut in my possession could possibly float microbes through the air and make you sick, then it would be the same thing.

otherwise, if it was to protect that children can't always be trusted to have the best judgement when sharing lunches and such, then i guess i could see how it might be necessary.

its really not that big of a deal to me. if i had a kid that might die from a peanut allergy, then i would probably be more motivated to care. otherwise, i woulnd't fight it if they wanted it.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

You're talking at cross purposes - he's a consiracy nut. You're thinking about the actual issues - the value of a vaccine, the public health benefits of requring vaccination/banning peanuts from schools etc, and he's thinking it's all a sinister plot to gain more power for the baby eating lizards who inhabit hillary clinton. To a conspiracy nut public health measures are all about gaining power for whatever mysterious fantasy group they think run things.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Damn, I could have sworn someone early on in this thread told me the covid vaccine wouldn't become an annual event...

Moderna to begin clinical trials of Covid booster shots for variant from South Africa

Two things to say:
1) DAMN that's remarkably fast (though not surprising)
2) Seems like my point on page one has been vindicated; there is no point to track vaccine rollouts when this will be an annual thing... and likely one that few have any choice over.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:10 am
Cassandros wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:52 am Bad examples to justify tyranny are still bad. No matter how often you repeat them.

Do you agree that every kid in a school should be forced to show their lunch to a lunch monitor every day to prove they don't have any banned substances, like peanuts, in their meals under the premise that 'if we don't do this, someone might get sick'?

This is much more in line with what is happening than any of that block of text above.
actually, if me having a peanut in my possession could possibly float microbes through the air and make you sick, then it would be the same thing.

otherwise, if it was to protect that children can't always be trusted to have the best judgement when sharing lunches and such, then i guess i could see how it might be necessary.

its really not that big of a deal to me. if i had a kid that might die from a peanut allergy, then i would probably be more motivated to care. otherwise, i woulnd't fight it if they wanted it.
So you really don't give a shit about needing to show your covid ID to go into a grocery store...

Knowing full well that governments rarely give back power they have taken (especially since covid will never "go away") and understanding there are promising treatments for those who do get extremely sick (lowering the fatality rate to even less than the already >1%), you are fine with having to present your medical data everywhere you go from now until you die...

And you accept this also knowing full well that human error, a computer glitch, or even malice intent can compromise your vaccination record and literally shut life down completely until some bureaucrat or tech guy is able to fix it (if its even fixable)?

You honestly can't imagine a single way this sort of system could be used against you later down the road?
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i don't have to show a covid id to buy groceries and I'm sure you don't either. and no, i'm not afraid that the government will impose things and then never take them back. just like i don't expect that I will have to wear a mask to go into a home depot in a year or so.

everything you speculate on is just that. speculation and conspiracy. the moderna "booster" isn't an annual shot. its a booster shot that they are "testing" to see if it might be necessary against this new strain. It's not some crystal ball prediction that you made on page 1.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:21 am i don't have to show a covid id to buy groceries and I'm sure you don't either. and no, i'm not afraid that the government will impose things and then never take them back. just like i don't expect that I will have to wear a mask to go into a home depot in a year or so.

everything you speculate on is just that. speculation and conspiracy. the moderna "booster" isn't an annual shot. its a booster shot that they are "testing" to see if it might be necessary against this new strain. It's not some crystal ball prediction that you made on page 1.
Of course this is (educated) speculation.

Looking at whats happening around you, trying to read between the lines, and thinking about the what's being said and done by the people in power --> is not being some "nut". In fact, its the exact opposite. And I imagine this Country (and World) as a whole would be a lot better place for it if more people did the same.

The whole back and forth between you and I has been me saying 'there is a good chance covid will not go away, that you will need boosters annually, and in addition to that you will need a covid passport, not just for international travel but to conduct your day to day life. That's dangerous and people should think about this and speak up if they don't like that idea.' ...And you making excuses and justifications on why its OK for such a situation.

So, tell me, considering how well treatments are coming along, and how human error, a computer glitch, or even malice intent can compromise your ability to live your life with such a system in place: Do you really not give a shit about a real possibility that someday in the not so distant future you will be required to show/scan your covid ID every time you go to the store??
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

unlike you, i don't anticipate that i will ever have to scan a covid id card in order to go in a store. now, if i want to get inside an aluminum tube and sit inches away from other people for several hours, then, yeah, i can certainly see it in that scenario. at least until we get to some level of herd immunity through vaccinations. i can see cruise ships starting back up with vaccinated passengers only. or movie theaters doing that. you know, the kind of places where you sit for extended periods of time next to strangers.

not like a grocery store or home depot where you never stand next to the same person for more than a few seconds and social distancing is easily possible. i'm looking at this through the lens of a business owner and things that "I" would do if my business was impacted by social distance constraints. I would damn sure open back up to vaccine only and not give any fucks about who thought it was an invasion of their rights.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:27 am unlike you, i don't anticipate that i will ever have to scan a covid id card in order to go in a store. now, if i want to get inside an aluminum tube and sit inches away from other people for several hours, then, yeah, i can certainly see it in that scenario. at least until we get to some level of herd immunity through vaccinations. i can see cruise ships starting back up with vaccinated passengers only. or movie theaters doing that. you know, the kind of places where you sit for extended periods of time next to strangers.

not like a grocery store or home depot where you never stand next to the same person for more than a few seconds and social distancing is easily possible. i'm looking at this through the lens of a business owner and things that "I" would do if my business was impacted by social distance constraints. I would damn sure open back up to vaccine only and not give any fucks about who thought it was an invasion of their rights.
All that is reasonable, and if the people in power were openly charting that course I wouldn't worry much. But that is simply not the case.

Instead of looking though the lens of a business owner --> You need to look at this through the lens of a person of power.

I have posted in this thread several links to articles where they say point blank that you 'may need a vaccine passport to go to the grocery store.'
Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said the government hasn’t “ruled out” requiring proof of vaccination in order to get into stores.
THAT is why I bring this up and why the discussion should be happening. Before such a thing happens.

Because if you wait until after --> then its already too late.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Cassandros wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:51 am
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:27 am unlike you, i don't anticipate that i will ever have to scan a covid id card in order to go in a store. now, if i want to get inside an aluminum tube and sit inches away from other people for several hours, then, yeah, i can certainly see it in that scenario. at least until we get to some level of herd immunity through vaccinations. i can see cruise ships starting back up with vaccinated passengers only. or movie theaters doing that. you know, the kind of places where you sit for extended periods of time next to strangers.

All that is reasonable, and if the people in power were openly charting that course I wouldn't worry much. But that is simply not the case.

Instead of looking though the lens of a business owner --> You need to look at this through the lens of a person of power.

I have posted in this thread several links to articles where they say point blank that you 'may need a vaccine passport to go to the grocery store.'
Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said the government hasn’t “ruled out” requiring proof of vaccination in order to get into stores.
THAT is why I bring this up and why the discussion should be happening. Before such a thing happens.

well, i am a business owner, so that's how my brain is wired. and any business owner would do the same thing because waiting too late in that circumstance means you lose everything.

i assume you have some type of job security during this pandemic? you work for someone who is making sure the paycheck keeps coming? and whatever business yall are in isn't affected by lost customers because of social distance problems?
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:21 am
Cassandros wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:51 am

well, i am a business owner, so that's how my brain is wired. and any business owner would do the same thing because waiting too late in that circumstance means you lose everything.

i assume you have some type of job security during this pandemic? you work for someone who is making sure the paycheck keeps coming? and whatever business yall are in isn't affected by lost customers because of social distance problems?
Which makes sense. Its easy for people to focus on what is in front of them, to make the moves that are best for their business (employees, customers), and assume that those in the arenas of power think, more or less, in similar fashion.

But there is ample evidence that shows that isn't likely the case. We should all know by now --> power corrupts.

Again, its about getting people to consider the possibility that those in power are more than willing to use the pandemic as a means to expand their power (under the guise of national/health security). It should also be noted I have only taken their words and their actions as the motivator in this discussion.

To answer your question I do fine (and no, I'm not on a government tit). Not at all sure why my employment status is relevant though.

The bottom line is simple.

If you don't like the idea of needing to show your medical papers before going to the store, then you should be alert to that narrative and be ready to say "no" if/when that time comes. Its much easier to stop the government (or big business, whatever) from expanding its power than having them 'give it back' later.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Cassandros wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:13 am Damn, I could have sworn someone early on in this thread told me the covid vaccine wouldn't become an annual event...

Moderna to begin clinical trials of Covid booster shots for variant from South Africa

Two things to say:
1) DAMN that's remarkably fast (though not surprising)
2) Seems like my point on page one has been vindicated; there is no point to track vaccine rollouts when this will be an annual thing... and likely one that few have any choice over.
And the funny thing? Liberals will be cheering for this, the same bunch that a mere 10 years ago despised Big Pharma. Now theyre simping for them. Good stuff :lol:
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Fear is a powerful tool.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

:lol: We need Who to come in and explain how deficits work. What a joke.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Whom the hell is congressman mike johnson?

I’ll need this fact checked please
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Now, I am all for Biden's claim that every adult in the US can get a vaccine by the end of May 2021. But I am having trouble with the math.

I know the J&J vaccine messes up the numbers just a bit since it is a 1 dose vaccine, but they don't have much of it, so just for simplicity let's say it takes 2 shots.

There are 210,000,000 adults in the US. As of today, there have been 85,000,000 shots given in the US. Now, to vaccinate 210,000,000 it would take 420,000,000 total shots. Subtract the 85,000,000 already given and you need to give 335,000,000 more shots to vaccinate all of the adults. There are a little less than 90 days left between now and May 31. So, if you divide 335,000,000 by those 90 days you get around 3.71 million vaccines per day.

Right now we are at almost exactly 2 million vaccines per day. So, to AVERAGE 3.71 million in the next 90 days, you would think we would have to end up at about 5.5 million per day by the end of May. I just don't see how that is possible.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Irrelevant old man wants to be relevant again:

“I hope everyone remembers when they’re getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t President, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful ‘shot’ for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all,” the ex-president said in a statement released by his office Wednesday evening. “I hope everyone remembers!”
wut?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

No one remembers, you are on the scrap pile of history
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Texas is opening up their vaccines to people 50 years old and older now. I am still not following why we rank #47 out of 50 of the states in % of people vaccinated. It seems like it is going like clockwork. I guess that just goes to show how much better it must be going in all the other states.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I got my 2nd dose of Moderna this morning. Then worked all day building a saloon/gun range on some property. So far I couldn't tell you I even had a shot today, other than I remember doing it this morning.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:58 am No one remembers, you are on the scrap pile of history
You know that COVID video that had all the living Presidents in it save one?

The One was in the original version!

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:05 am I got my 2nd dose of Moderna this morning. Then worked all day building a saloon/gun range on some property. So far I couldn't tell you I even had a shot today, other than I remember doing it this morning.
I did fine until the next day. Then it kicked my ass! (wiped, fever up to 102.5)

I could function the day after that though.

P.S. The reactions seem highly variable though. Some (including Fauci) seemed to be worse than me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:19 am
Animal wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:05 am I got my 2nd dose of Moderna this morning. Then worked all day building a saloon/gun range on some property. So far I couldn't tell you I even had a shot today, other than I remember doing it this morning.
I did fine until the next day. Then it kicked my ass! (wiped, fever up to 102.5)

I could function the day after that though.

P.S. The reactions seem highly variable though. Some (including Fauci) seemed to be worse than me.
Day 2 and I am at the office. I don't notice anything different. My arm isn't even very sore where i got the shot.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I just signed up two of my mechanics for the vaccine wait list in our county. They are both hispanic. The bitch is you have to create a unique email account for each different person that registers. Anyway, I am waiting on confirmation and a reply back to their cell phones to make sure it all worked okay. If so, El Jeffe will be doing this for everyone that works here (assuming they want it).