I guess White small business owners don't matter

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: I guess White small business owners don't matter

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:11 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:28 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:25 pm Do you accept that a disproportionate thing does not mean a racist thing? If you can't accept that simple notion and starting point I'm not sure what else there is to discuss.
But haven't we learned that our justice system must be systematically racist if the racial makeup of the prison isn't exactly the same as the racial makeup of the community? What other explanation could there be?
And you and White Boy Flump won't admit that there are still remnants of racist practices (almost 200 years worth) that can affect streamlining loans to millions of people in a fair and timely matter. The PPP program showed there is still work that needs to be done. Most likely what Biden was alluding to with his idiotic statement.
and you can't point out a single example other than just broad brush stroke quotes you have been fed from your overlords.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:21 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:29 pm So you accept the facts, what is your alternative explanation for the facts? Black people just not trying hard enough?
That would be my explanation.
So it is because they are black in your mind. That is all you need to say, you are excused from the grown up conversation. You are simply a racist, and can't participate in discussion. Run along, racist.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:20 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:10 pm I'm still trying to figure out how minority businesses do business without a bank. I guess you could do all cash. If they are unwilling to utilize the banking system though, is it really a surprise that if they suddenly show up out of the blue asking for money with no prior banking utilization history that those institutions may have some questions?
Have you ever heard of cryptocurrency and paypal? You think it is a coincidence that when they started allowing more online lending institutions to help get the money out, that it made it to the minorities?
OK, good. Is there anything about that scenario that is racist though? For the process to be racist there would have to be an effort to exclude minority businesses. Do you think that actually happened?
Last edited by CHEEZY17 on Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:33 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:21 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:29 pm So you accept the facts, what is your alternative explanation for the facts? Black people just not trying hard enough?
That would be my explanation.
So it is because they are black in your mind. That is all you need to say, you are excused from the grown up conversation. You are simply a racist, and can't participate in discussion. Run along, racist.
okay. then you are simply a stupid mother fucker, so you can run along as well. if you can come back with an actual example of racism by these institutions instead of just random facts that don't prove shit, then invite me back. remember, examples like "banks process less loans for blacks than whites" isn't an example of racism. Its an example of math.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Well you see if it isn't a problem from Cheezy and Flumpy, there must simply be no problem :lol:
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:14 pm Well you see if it isn't a problem from Cheezy and Flumpy, there must simply be no problem :lol:
i'm trying to get the dumb ass to point out a specific problem. and all he can do is quote stereotype responses. He obviously has no fucking idea what he's talking about.

If you have managed to get a specific example of how these institutions practicing racism, i'd be happy for you to point it out.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:37 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:10 pm I'm still trying to figure out how minority businesses do business without a bank. I guess you could do all cash. If they are unwilling to utilize the banking system though, is it really a surprise that if they suddenly show up out of the blue asking for money with no prior banking utilization history that those institutions may have some questions?
Have you ever heard of cryptocurrency and paypal? You think it is a coincidence that when they started allowing more online lending institutions to help get the money out, that it made it to the minorities?
OK, good. Is there anything about that scenario that is racist though? For the process to be racist there would have to be an effort to exclude minority businesses. Do you think that actually happened?
Like AH and I have said as nauseum, it is unfair because like the numbers (date and facts) showed the help was not initially spread evenly across the board. Big Banks dealt with big companies first and banks dealt with their "best customers" first. Once they loosened the rules and made changes, it helped more minorities. That is where we disagree, I believe something can be racist but not intentional.

E.g. The Soho Karen. Most people focused on the little twat causing the problem being racist. Personally I think the way the hotel manager approached a 14 year old was racist. Do I think the hotel manager is racist? No but I feel like if Soho Karen was accusing a 14 year old white boy, it would have been a completely different situation and he would have been talking to the parents or just dealing with the crazy bitch. You know damn well you would not let anyone talk to your son like that (especially when you know he didn't do anything) and further more a hotel manager would know that as well. We saw live time what happens when a black kid is being accused. Now maybe the hotel manager is just a moron and doesn't understand that you don't talk to other people's kids like that (or your guest for that matter) but it's a 5 star Soho Hotel. Chances of that are pretty slim. Either he believed her story or saw nothing wrong further embarrassing a young man. Gee, I wonder why.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:14 pm Well you see if it isn't a problem from Cheezy and Flumpy, there must simply be no problem :lol:
Do you agree with prioritizing help based on race?

Care to try again?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:20 pm

Care to try again?
If the first COVID aid relief package didn't reach certain groups because of race then those groups should be prioritized in the second round.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:19 pmLike AH and I have said as nauseum, it is unfair because like the numbers (date and facts) showed the help was not initially spread evenly across the board. Big Banks dealt with big companies first and banks dealt with their "best customers" first. Once they loosened the rules and made changes, it helped more minorities. That is where we disagree, I believe something can be racist but not intentional.
I was a vicitim of this as well as anyone. Its the reason I no longer bank with Wells Fargo. They didn't have time for me and my loan. Fuck, their system wasn't even set up for the time zone i am in. they opened their web portal at 6 pm my time (4 pm california time) and it was wiped out of $$ by the time i got to work the next morning and even knew about it. That was a complete and utter failure on the part of how it was set up and carried out by Wells Fargo. It had nothing to do with race. I went and got another bank, that i had put a CD into several years before and used that connection to get my loan going. They never met me face to face. They aren't even in my town. Unless they detected my race over the phone, there is no way they could have known if i was black or white.

This has nothing to do with your Soho Karen story, which probably plays out well on facebook. But not in an accusation of systemic racism in the banking industry.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:25 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:20 pm

Care to try again?
If the first COVID aid relief package didn't reach certain groups because of race then those groups should be prioritized in the second round.
How would it have not reached a certain group because of race? what possible hurdle could have caused that? Not one of you stupid fucks can give one.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:28 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:19 pmLike AH and I have said as nauseum, it is unfair because like the numbers (date and facts) showed the help was not initially spread evenly across the board. Big Banks dealt with big companies first and banks dealt with their "best customers" first. Once they loosened the rules and made changes, it helped more minorities. That is where we disagree, I believe something can be racist but not intentional.
I was a vicitim of this as well as anyone. Its the reason I no longer bank with Wells Fargo. They didn't have time for me and my loan. Fuck, their system wasn't even set up for the time zone i am in. they opened their web portal at 6 pm my time (4 pm california time) and it was wiped out of $$ by the time i got to work the next morning and even knew about it. That was a complete and utter failure on the part of how it was set up and carried out by Wells Fargo. It had nothing to do with race. I went and got another bank, that i had put a CD into several years before and used that connection to get my loan going. They never met me face to face. They aren't even in my town. Unless they detected my race over the phone, there is no way they could have known if i was black or white.

This has nothing to do with your Soho Karen story, which probably plays out well on facebook. But not in an accusation of systemic racism in the banking industry.
How about you get this through your big, stupid Texas skull... you are not a minority. You have no experience as a minority. You have no idea how minorities are treated when they go and do the things that you take for granted such as opening a bank account or getting a line of credit for a business.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:32 pm

How about you get this through your big, stupid Texas skull... you are not a minority. You have no experience as a minority. You have no idea how minorities are treated when they go and do the things that you take for granted such as opening a bank account or getting a line of credit for a business.
So, I am assuming you are a minority?
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:34 pm
spudoc wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:32 pm

So, I am assuming you are a minority?
I'm not. And that's not relevant. What is relevant is that your experience as a white guy doesn't translate to knowledge of minority treatment in the financial world.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:40 pm
I'm not. And that's not relevant. What is relevant is that your experience as a white guy doesn't translate to knowledge of minority treatment in the financial world.
well, then maybe you can understand this. It is possible, in this country, to discuss topics that you aren't actually part of, if you have some knowledge and experience on the topic. And I happen to have a lot. So until you, or a black man or woman, come along and give a fucking example of how a bank can use race to keep them from getting something that I can get, then sit this one out.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:19 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:37 pm
Like AH and I have said as nauseum, it is unfair because like the numbers (date and facts) showed the help was not initially spread evenly across the board. Big Banks dealt with big companies first and banks dealt with their "best customers" first. Once they loosened the rules and made changes, it helped more minorities. That is where we disagree, I believe something can be racist but not intentional.

E.g. The Soho Karen. Most people focused on the little twat causing the problem being racist. Personally I think the way the hotel manager approached a 14 year old was racist. Do I think the hotel manager is racist? No but I feel like if Soho Karen was accusing a 14 year old white boy, it would have been a completely different situation and he would have been talking to the parents or just dealing with the crazy bitch. You know damn well you would not let anyone talk to your son like that (especially when you know he didn't do anything) and further more a hotel manager would know that as well. We saw live time what happens when a black kid is being accused. Now maybe the hotel manager is just a moron and doesn't understand that you don't talk to other people's kids like that (or your guest for that matter) but it's a 5 star Soho Hotel. Chances of that are pretty slim. Either he believed her story or saw nothing wrong further embarrassing a young man. Gee, I wonder why.
Soho Karen runs a bank?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:46 pm
Soho Karen runs a bank?
i think he saw some women on Facebook make a good point about it and he thought he could apply it to this conversation. i have no idea how it ties in.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:43 pm
well, then maybe you can understand this. It is possible, in this country, to discuss topics that you aren't actually part of, if you have some knowledge and experience on the topic. And I happen to have a lot. So until you, or a black man or woman, come along and give a fucking example of how a bank can use race to keep them from getting something that I can get, then sit this one out.
Your knowledge and experience only apply to you and your situation. A few minutes search on google will bring up articles and studies addressing the obstacles that minority business owners have when dealing with banks that white business owners don't face. And the majority of them are racial in nature.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:50 pm
Your knowledge and experience only apply to you and your situation. A few minutes search on google will bring up articles and studies addressing the obstacles that minority business owners have when dealing with banks that white business owners don't face. And the majority of them are racial in nature.
give an example.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:51 pm
give an example.
I'm not your monkey. Do some research on your own.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

If his experience can't show him what its like as a minority, then the same can be said for you. You "know" as much as he does. Your logic is flawed.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

So you should be sympathetic to people who had even a more difficult time than you. How would you feel if there was no bank to apply to? You use fintech for your banking purposes and were not eligible. That happened. I could care less of you acknowledge it.

I'm not on Facebook. Unfortunately this is where I go to discuss politics. And Soho Karen was brought up as an example of unintentional racism. I thought I was pretty clear about that. Let me check....
Burn1dwn wrote:That is where we disagree, I believe something can be racist but not intentional.

E.g. The Soho Karen.
Yep, pretty clear there. E.g. is exempli gratia and means “for example.” Does that help? :lol:
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Antknot wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:46 pm
Soho Karen runs a bank?
No but White Privilege can be found there too.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Is race even asked on the PPP loan application?
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Cassandros wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:03 am Is race even asked on the PPP loan application?
no, but these bandstanding idiots wouldn't have any idea. they are preaching on a subject they have absolutely no fucking experience with. its always that invisible cloud of systemic racism though. no way to describe it exactly. just something that is there and we are all supposed to know it.