I guess White small business owners don't matter

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Re: I guess White small business owners don't matter

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:10 am
Cassandros wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:03 am Is race even asked on the PPP loan application?
no, but these bandstanding idiots wouldn't have any idea. they are preaching on a subject they have absolutely no fucking experience with. its always that invisible cloud of systemic racism though. no way to describe it exactly. just something that is there and we are all supposed to know it.
Just because you refuse to acknowledge the points we have made does not mean you know everything. You couldn't even think of the banking alternatives.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:12 am
Cassandros wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:03 am Is race even asked on the PPP loan application?
no, but these bandstanding idiots wouldn't have any idea. they are preaching on a subject they have absolutely no fucking experience with. its always that invisible cloud of systemic racism though. no way to describe it exactly. just something that is there and we are all supposed to know it.
Just because you refuse to acknowledge the points we have made does not mean you know everything. You couldn't even think of the banking alternatives.
You've asserted points not made them.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

I'm not going through 7 pages, so sorry if you have to repeat yourself.

But, how can race be a factor when race isn't even on the application?
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

please name one specific point that was brought up. thanks.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Cassandros wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:17 am

it can't. especially during covid when you can't even physically walk into a bank. but these soccer moms think their insight into a topic they know nothing about means something.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:31 am

it can't. especially during covid when you can't even physically walk into a bank. but these soccer moms think their insight into a topic they know nothing about means something.
And the people that have businesses set up that never requires them to walk into banks, were ineligible from the program in the beginning.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:04 am

And the people that have businesses set up that never requires them to walk into banks, were ineligible from the program in the beginning.
not because of race you stupid fuck. i was in that same boat. cheesy was in that boat. divertexas was in that boat. everyone i knew was in that boat. they still did what i did and applied when things opened up to where everyone that qualified could.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:07 am

not because of race you stupid fuck. i was in that same boat. cheesy was in that boat. divertexas was in that boat. everyone i knew was in that boat. they still did what i did and applied when things opened up to where everyone that qualified could.
I am legitimately embarrassed I am taking you serious. Do mexicans really listen to you? Or are the kind of boss they wait for to leave to get the job done right. :lol:

Not that you will read this but...

https://www.businessinsider.com/ppp-loa ... 20-7%3famp

Unintentional (systematic) Racism is the point AH and I and Spudoc have all pointed out to you that you refuse to acknowledge.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:22 amI am legitimately embarrassed I am taking you serious. Do mexicans really listen to you? Or are the kind of boss they wait for to leave to get the job done right. :lol:

Unintentional (systematic) Racism is the point AH and I and Spudoc have all pointed out to you that you refuse to acknowledge.
Whoops!
Something went wrong.
(404 page not found)
The page you are trying to reach cannot be found.
In the meantime feel free to search or check out the articles below.

Great link. Thanks for that.

Are you the kind of employee that a boss repeatedly asks a simple question and you just stammer around about how you know the answer but you won't give it?

Give an example of this systemic racism that you allege the banks commit. Just ONE fucking example.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I agree that is/was a problem but it isnt racist.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:27 am
Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:22 amI am legitimately embarrassed I am taking you serious. Do mexicans really listen to you? Or are the kind of boss they wait for to leave to get the job done right. :lol:

Whoops!
Something went wrong.
(404 page not found)

Are you the kind of employee that a boss repeatedly asks a simple question and you just stammer around about how you know the answer but you won't give it?

Give an example of this systemic racism that you allege the banks commit. Just ONE fucking example.
I am an independent contractor (wasn't eligible for ppp until they got rid of the employee rule but didn't need it, knocking on wood) but you would have loved me when I used to be a $15 an hour laborer. I was a hard as worker, kept my mouth shut and was not afraid to get dirty. Plus I am great at taking initiative and finding something to do. I am part Central American though so you would probably keep a shovel in my hand.

Try this link.

https://ncrc.org/despite-gaping-holes-i ... imination/
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:37 am

Whoops!
Something went wrong.
(404 page not found)

I am an independent contractor (wasn't eligible for ppp until they got rid of the employee rule but didn't need it, knocking on wood) but you would have loved me when I used to be a $15 an hour laborer. I was a hard as worker, kept my mouth shut and was not afraid to get dirty. Plus I am great at taking initiative and finding something to do. I am part Central American though so you would probably keep a shovel in my hand.

Try this link.

First paragraph says that PPP is messed up nearly beyond definition. Second paragraph says “testers” had problems. How was test bias controlled?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:37 am Try this link.

And, not surprisingly, your linked story doesn't point out one single example other than to just use the general term that racism existed. If you really read it, it read like propoganda that is trying to make a point without any data to make the point. They talk about the governemtn PPP program not providing them enough data in order to make socialogical conclusions. The gov't didn't provide it because the loans didn't ask about race. there was no data to collect with reference of race. there was no smoking gun to report.

Cut and paste one or two sentences from that article that actually provide a good solid example of a specific finding of racism that they found.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:28 am

I agree that is/was a problem but it isnt racist.
It wasn't intentionally racist but it is well known in the financial industry that minorities (especially hispanics) use fintech because they don't have banks fighting for their business. Is PPP a racist program? No. The hispanics were not excluded by the program because of their race, they were excluded by the system because it is set up for the Big Banks and businesses which helped other races more/easier. Just the way it is and all it took was allowing fintech to give loans to help bridge the gap.

Look Biden's quote couldn't have been worse but that doesn't mean there was not a point to it.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Antknot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:46 am
Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:37 am

Whoops!
Something went wrong.
(404 page not found)

Try this link.

First paragraph says that PPP is messed up nearly beyond definition. Second paragraph says “testers” had problems. How was test bias controlled?
First Paragraph-thank the Treasury Dept for lack of info and transparency.

Second-the studies are all linked and sourced. Feel free to read it.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

it would be neat if one single sentence from anything you guys have posted pointed to a finding that minorities that use paypal to run their business found out that was a problem for getting PPP loans. If that is your connection to accusing banks of being racist, then i don't know what to say.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:01 am it would be neat if one single sentence from anything you guys have posted pointed to a finding that minorities that use paypal to run their business found out that was a problem for getting PPP loans. If that is your connection to accusing banks of being racist, then i don't know what to say.
Here you go...

https://robertsmith.com/we-need-a-finte ... s-recover/
In March, the government passed the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). While big businesses and those with access to mainstream banking institutions quickly applied for and received PPP loans, Black and Latino business owners were largely shut out. Our weak financial and technology infrastructure is a big reason why.

Many Black and Latino business owners run payroll and keep their financial books on their own. They also rely on what I call the ‘capillary banking system’ — community development financial institutions (CDFIs) and minority-owned depository institutions (MDIs). These institutions go where commercial banks refuse to and provide essential financial services like mortgages, microloans and venture capital for small businesses. However, these organizations typically don’t have the capital of mainstream commercial banks to invest in updating their digital infrastructure to scale their services for something like PPP.

While a majority of Black and Latino business owners reported requesting less than $20,000, they were turned away from commercial branch banks where they didn’t have existing relationships; they struggled to compile the financial data needed to complete the PPP application since many lack financial software; and CDFIs and MDIs were often hamstrung by a lack of robust technology that made it time-consuming and costly for organizations to submit PPP applications. In total, just 12 percent of Black and Latino businesses reported receiving a PPP loan. Overall, two-thirds of Black and Latino businesses report that they’ve received no assistance or are still waiting to hear back.

To help pandemic-hit Black and Latino businesses, we need a fintech revolution. This means ensuring that every single Black and Latino business and every community lender is equipped with robust digital infrastructure to help them better withstand future crises like this and better position small businesses to thrive in good times.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

No offense, but this study seems like they were trying to get a result; and not just conducting an unbiased study. (If such a thing even exists anymore).
from the study wrote:Testers were only used if their voice was perceived to be racially identifiable above 70%.

We selected profile names after researching names most often perceived with a particular race
As such, it wouldn't surprise me that the 'testers' self-sabotaged themselves to drive the results expected.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:11 am
Animal wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:01 am it would be neat if one single sentence from anything you guys have posted pointed to a finding that minorities that use paypal to run their business found out that was a problem for getting PPP loans. If that is your connection to accusing banks of being racist, then i don't know what to say.
Here you go...

https://robertsmith.com/we-need-a-finte ... s-recover/
In March, the government passed the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). While big businesses and those with access to mainstream banking institutions quickly applied for and received PPP loans, Black and Latino business owners were largely shut out. Our weak financial and technology infrastructure is a big reason why.

Many Black and Latino business owners run payroll and keep their financial books on their own. They also rely on what I call the ‘capillary banking system’ — community development financial institutions (CDFIs) and minority-owned depository institutions (MDIs). These institutions go where commercial banks refuse to and provide essential financial services like mortgages, microloans and venture capital for small businesses. However, these organizations typically don’t have the capital of mainstream commercial banks to invest in updating their digital infrastructure to scale their services for something like PPP.

While a majority of Black and Latino business owners reported requesting less than $20,000, they were turned away from commercial branch banks where they didn’t have existing relationships; they struggled to compile the financial data needed to complete the PPP application since many lack financial software; and CDFIs and MDIs were often hamstrung by a lack of robust technology that made it time-consuming and costly for organizations to submit PPP applications. In total, just 12 percent of Black and Latino businesses reported receiving a PPP loan. Overall, two-thirds of Black and Latino businesses report that they’ve received no assistance or are still waiting to hear back.

To help pandemic-hit Black and Latino businesses, we need a fintech revolution. This means ensuring that every single Black and Latino business and every community lender is equipped with robust digital infrastructure to help them better withstand future crises like this and better position small businesses to thrive in good times.
well, finally, after all of these pages someone posted something that has some meat on the bone. I am not aware of CDFIs. I never heard of one and I deal with minority companies all of the time. The only places, other than banks, that I know that they go to are pay day loans and title loans. If they took their account info to a bank and were turned away from a PPP loan because they are a minority, then that would be criminal.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

I guess I am your Monkey... :lol:
Experts say the differences in access, while not intended by the program's drafters or executors, are the results of social and economic inequities that must be taken into account by policymakers.

"There is a structural flaw in this program. It uses banks as middlemen. Any time you create a big program and give banks the ability to choose which customers it prioritizes, you're going to have disparities," said Mehrsa Baradaran, a law professor at the University of California, Irvine. "Credit disparities are where past injustices lead to present disparities."
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/busine ... t-n1195291
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

well, thank you for posting that.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Cassandros wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:19 am No offense, but this study seems like they were trying to get a result; and not just conducting an unbiased study. (If such a thing even exists anymore).
from the study wrote:Testers were only used if their voice was perceived to be racially identifiable above 70%.

We selected profile names after researching names most often perceived with a particular race
As such, it wouldn't surprise me that the 'testers' self-sabotaged themselves to drive the results expected.
I agree thus my question about test bias.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:02 am
Cassandros wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:19 am No offense, but this study seems like they were trying to get a result; and not just conducting an unbiased study. (If such a thing even exists anymore).

I agree thus my question about test bias.
that study seemed highly suspect for a multitude of reasons.

the other one, however, that explained how some minorities handle financial transactions without banks "might" have some merit. It doesn't prove that racism or systemic racism existed, but it would explain why they might have more trouble getting the PPP loan through a bank that they had no account with.

although there are typically 2 reasons why a person running a business wouldn't have a bank account. and those reasons would be more why a person didn't try to apply for PPP money than racism.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Highly suspect because you guys don't agree with the results? They have multiple years of tests (basically mystery shoppers) and data to back up their positions. You guys have a bunch thoughts.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:24 am Highly suspect because you guys don't agree with the results? They have multiple years of tests (basically mystery shoppers) and data to back up their positions. You guys have a bunch thoughts.
Multiple years of "Testers were only used if their voice was perceived to be racially identifiable above 70%." and "We selected profile names after researching names most often perceived with a particular race."

Odds are high they went out of their way to not sound 'black' --> but to sound "street".

As a lender, you want to lend to those you feel will be able to pay the debt back.

So, be honest, if you were a bank and you had to choose between the guy who sounds like a business owner and a guy who sounds like he's gangster, who would you choose to lend tens of thousands of dollars to? Same is true for a business owner verse some Appalachian hillbilly named Cleetus. One will get preferential treatment based on the assumption of their ability to manage and repay the debt.

And before you cry "racist" realize its not about "sounding/acting white", its about sounding/acting professional. A difference people who like making broad sweeping claims of systematic institutional racism often swept under the rug.