HR 1 - The Democrats Try to seal up all future elections

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: HR 1 - The Democrats Try to seal up all future elections

Post by Animal »

Who wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:57 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:38 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:36 pm
Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:34 pm Wait until biden introduces legislation raising corporate taxes..... The crying will be euphoric
lol, you're not allowed to have a deficit, you are also not permitted to raise money to pay it either.
well Biden spent 2/3 of USA's entire annual budget on the Covid Pork Package a few days ago.
That would be incorrect, apparently Mnuchin was building a slush fund for the Dumpster.
you are undoubtedly the dumbest fuck on the internet. do you think anyone understands this retarded crypto talk that you think makes you sound smart?
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:03 pm
Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:34 pm Wait until biden introduces legislation raising corporate taxes..... The crying will be euphoric
lol, you're not allowed to have a deficit, you are also not permitted to raise money to pay it either.
well Biden spent 2/3 of USA's entire annual budget on the Covid Pork Package a few days ago.
That would be incorrect, apparently Mnuchin was building a slush fund for the Dumpster.
you are undoubtedly the dumbest fuck on the internet. do you think anyone understands this retarded crypto talk that you think makes you sound smart?
I don’t care what you think, I stated a fact, try reading more and posting less.
Speaking of dumb shouldn’t you be counting diesel fuel usage?
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Who wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:53 pm
I don’t care what you think, I stated a fact, try reading more and posting less.
counting diesel fuel usage? If you mean tracking the gallons used by every piece of equipment I own, then yeah. that is being done as you drool on your window.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:57 pm
Who wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:53 pm

counting diesel fuel usage? If you mean tracking the gallons used by every piece of equipment I own, then yeah. that is being done as you drool on your window.
Nice one Diego , now go play in traffic
A Legend In His Own Mind

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:15 am
spudoc wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:35 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:04 pm Anything that enhances security and authenticity is "restrictive" to the Dems.
India requires voter ID. Fucking shithole India with a billion people requires ID to vote. Let that sink in.
So you want to be like India?
How about you show evidence of an actual problem with unfair elections due to fraud and then we can come up with a solution
I guess I need to post the link RD provided yet again. Over 1300 proven instances of fraud and over 1100 convictions nationwide.

https://www.heritage.org/voterfraud
That’s 1300 instances over 40 years? With elections happening every year, and primaries as well, there must be billions of votes cast during that period.
wut?
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Does that database really go back 40 years?

Regardless, I think they hit the nail on the head when they wrote:
The big problem is that nobody really knows the extent of election fraud, including us. While we are not making any definitive claims about the extent of election fraud in our country, we are confident in saying that there are far too many vulnerabilities in our current system. The important thing is that people must have trust in the outcome, which is difficult to do, in large part, because of the vulnerabilities that currently exist.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Wut wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:33 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:04 pm Anything that enhances security and authenticity is "restrictive" to the Dems.
India requires voter ID. Fucking shithole India with a billion people requires ID to vote. Let that sink in.
How about you show evidence of an actual problem with unfair elections due to fraud and then we can come up with a solution
I guess I need to post the link RD provided yet again. Over 1300 proven instances of fraud and over 1100 convictions nationwide.

That’s 1300 instances over 40 years? With elections happening every year, and primaries as well, there must be billions of votes cast during that period.
C'mon Wut. This is just the instances that we know about; you know there are more. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that it happens more than we'd like it to? If we know it happens, and it not only happens but it happens more than we'd like, why cant we agree that we should take steps to make sure elections are more secure instead of less secure? I honestly cannot see the reasoning here behind all Democrat attempts to deflect and deny the problem.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:01 am

C'mon Wut. This is just the instances that we know about; you know there are more. Why is it so hard to acknowledge that it happens more than we'd like it to? If we know it happens, and it not only happens but it happens more than we'd like, why cant we agree that we should take steps to make sure elections are more secure instead of less secure? I honestly cannot see the reasoning here behind all Democrat attempts to deflect and deny the problem.
I think it’s because we see it as a blatant effort by republicans to suppress democratic voting.
wut?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Wut wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:00 pm

I think it’s because we see it as a blatant effort by republicans to suppress democratic voting.
But you understand what youre saying by that statment is that you DONT want elections to be more secure and youre ok with the amount of fraud, right?
Lets put it this way: If you think all R suggestions are just coy attempts to suppress the vote, how do YOU suggest we make elections more secure? What is the Democrat answer? And it cant be "Meh, leave well enough alone." because you are smart enough to know we need to do something.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Cheezy just can't face the facts on their own merit. There is no widespread election fraud.........but he will nitpick every little shitty school board election or town mayor to try and make his point.

Trump’s own officials say 2020 was America’s most secure election in history
Homeland Security put out a statement with state and local officials that countered the president’s fraud claims.

By Jen Kirbyjen.kirby@vox.com Nov 13, 2020, 4:40pm EST

The 2020 US election was the most secure in American history, according to US elections officials.

“The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double-checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result,” the coordinating bodies on election infrastructure and security said in a joint statement issued by the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).

The statement directly contradicts President Donald Trump, who has made unfounded allegations of widespread voting irregularities and fraud. The president is using these claims to challenge the vote counts in several key states that delivered President-elect Joe Biden his apparent Electoral College victory.
I blame Biker.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:22 pm

But you understand what youre saying by that statment is that you DONT want elections to be more secure and youre ok with the amount of fraud, right?
Lets put it this way: If you think all R suggestions are just coy attempts to suppress the vote, how do YOU suggest we make elections more secure? What is the Democrat answer? And it cant be "Meh, leave well enough alone." because you are smart enough to know we need to do something.
The problem is that the republicans have gone way beyond reasonable in their efforts. Included in Arizona is a proposal that the legislature can overrule the popular vote. In Georgia they want to restrict Sunday voting, does that secure the vote? They want to make it a crime to give water to someone in line to vote, does that secure the vote?

They want to reduce availability of early voting and general access to the polls, but also make mail in voting more difficult, while there are multiple states whose voting method is primarily mail in.

It looks like a mass vote suppression effort so it’s being resisted completely.
wut?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Wut wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:50 pm

The problem is that the republicans have gone way beyond reasonable in their efforts. Included in Arizona is a proposal that the legislature can overrule the popular vote. In Georgia they want to restrict Sunday voting, does that secure the vote? They want to make it a crime to give water to someone in line to vote, does that secure the vote?

They want to reduce availability of early voting and general access to the polls, but also make mail in voting more difficult, while there are multiple states whose voting method is primarily mail in.

I agree R's tend to push too far. So, what is the middle ground? What do you suggest?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:33 pm

I agree R's tend to push too far. So, what is the middle ground? What do you suggest?
I actually don’t object to showing an Id for voting, but make easy for poor people to get a voter id, free, and in their locations. I like the idea of expanded access to polling places and I don’t want to see retractions of opening of polling places (which republicans are trying to do). I don’t see why drop boxes for mail votes can’t be made available (which republicans are trying to restrict) and I don’t see why mail voting has to be restricted. Set reasonable standards for mail votes, and make them uniform. Don’t create obstacles that are unnecessary.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

does the law actually say "its a crime to give water to someone in line to vote?" Or is that some extrapolation of what the law says to make some stupid point to morons like you that lap it up?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:55 pm

does the law actually say "its a crime to give water to someone in line to vote?" Or is that some extrapolation of what the law says to make some stupid point to morons like you that lap it up?
Here ya go, moron:

"No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector," the bill states.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:15 pm
Here ya go, moron:

"No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to an elector," the bill states.
Yeah. That's exactly what I thought.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:22 pm
Here ya go, moron:

That it makes it illegal to give a bottle of water to someone standing in line to vote?

Yep, that’s what it does.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:26 pm
Here ya go, moron:

That it makes it illegal to give a bottle of water to someone standing in line to vote?

its people like you that make it so easy for the spin masters to succeed.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:30 pm
Here ya go, moron:

Does it not have that effect?
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:30 pm
Here ya go, moron:

you could also say that if someone in line had a heart attack you couldn't give them CPR, but you don't bring up that point because it sounds foolish. because it is.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:55 pm

No comment on the Arizona legislature overturning the popular vote?
wut?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:34 pm
Here ya go, moron:

you could also say that if someone in line had a heart attack you couldn't give them CPR, but you don't bring up that point because it sounds foolish. because it is.
I agree, it is a foolish law.
wut?
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:34 pm
Here ya go, moron:

I didn’t read anything about a heart attack in the legislation. So your point is moot
A Legend In His Own Mind

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Who wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:44 pm
I didn’t read anything about a heart attack in the legislation. So your point is moot
i would never expect your dumb ass to follow a conversation.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast

Post by Who »

Animal wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:47 pm
Who wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:44 pm
i would never expect your dumb ass to follow a conversation.
Always changing the subject, try to keep up.
A Legend In His Own Mind