The Liar-in-Chief just can't stop the lies

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: The Liar-in-Chief just can't stop the lies

Post by Animal »

and, who said that the voter legislation in Georgia was aimed at stopping voter fraud? Why is all of the focus on voter fraud? It looks to me like something that is just shoring up and better explaining election rules.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:06 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm I am guessing here because I really don't have a dog in the fight, libs see any type of obstacle put in front of a potential voter as bad. I.e, requiring people to pass a test before voting, owning property to get the right to vote, having valid ID to vote, etc.. Now, normal people would say one of those is not like the other. But...I don't know really....
If any of those things could be done in a fair manner that actually let voters put their vote in, maybe. We have a history in this country of using such means to keep people from voting. Voter tests that involved nothing to do with the election (number of jelly beans or coins in a jar was used in Florida), and that white people were exempt (was your grandfather a free born man?). Owning property to vote ("skin in the game") was another point discussed at the old UJ Pol forum. I asked, and got no answer to, the question of how much property would it take to qualify. Is my 140' x 50' lot enough? What if I'm a square foot short for some reason? Would property banks become a thing, where someone sells a small section of a plot with proof of ownership to qualify for voting? Shades of selling stamp sized plots of the Moon! And what specifically does property ownership have to do with voting, why is a renter not qualified if he is otherwise a productive citizen in his area?
do florida voting laws require proof of property ownership? or is this just another hypothetical scenario that confuses everyone?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:27 pm
Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:21 pm We should bring back literacy tests... That should get rid of alot of Texans from voting
We need to institute a policy where only net taxpayers are permitted to vote in elections.
:roll:
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:05 pm i know someone that moved to florida and recently wanted to get a Florida drivers license. They had to have an official birth certificate. Not a copy of a birth certificate, but an official stamped birth certificate. the kind you need to get a passport. I'm fine with that even though it is a bit of a hassle. some things are a bit of a hassle.
Yea, that trips up a lot of people who move here. When I registered my son for school, I had to have a official birth certificate issued by the state. At that time, about fifteen years ago, I could not request it online or by phone. The *only* place I could get it was at one single county office next to the county health department just outside downtown Orlando in the Callahan part of town, a real rough area, in person. Having an officially stamped birth certificate is something many people don't consider having a copy of until they absolutely need it. And it's always a weird size, and can't be laminated. And you mindlessly stick it in a folder or book and forget about it. *Then* you suddenly need it now! And if you moved here from across the country... :|
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:07 pm and, who said that the voter legislation in Georgia was aimed at stopping voter fraud? Why is all of the focus on voter fraud? It looks to me like something that is just shoring up and better explaining election rules.
Jesus Christ you are ignorant. The Governor himself said it is about "election security" when pressed why Georgia felt the need to make all these changes....even though he was the one that said the Georgia election was the most secure election in their history.

Looks to you like they are shoring up and better explaining election rules?????? Unbelievable.
I blame Biker.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:09 pm do florida voting laws require proof of property ownership? or is this just another hypothetical scenario that confuses everyone?
No, it doesn't. There was a long thread back on UJ/Pol in 2012 where the idea was repeatedly brought up. I think that Charlie (I might be mistaken) was for it, because of that "skin in the game" business. Owning property was evidently a big thing to our country's founders, and most voters were not franchised because of it. But if we're going to do that, and I disagree with the idea, there's comes the question of quantity. Many of our founding fathers engaged in land speculation, often owning many thousands of acres at little or no cost. That's just not a question these days, where most of us maybe own a few (1, 5, 10) acres at most. I own 3/4 acres total over three properties. Does that give me "skin in the game"?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I got my real ID couple weeks ago. I needed my official birth certificate with raised seal. My original social security card. My valid drivers licence and a bill with my address. I checked online where I could have this done and Penndot's website said any drivers licence center can scan my documents. So I went to the closest office that is only open one a day a week after taking off a day of work. I arrived to a completely empty DMV. I was happy, no lines. I walked up and was told that they don't accept real ID documents there, despite it being a drivers licence center. I was directed to a DMV office 52 miles away. I was already 28 miles from my house. I got to the other place and there was a socially distant line around the building out in the cold. After finally getting called to the window I was told that the bill with my address wouldn't work. They wanted the bottom perforated part. You know the part you put in the envelope with the check to the utility. Luckily they excepted my vehicle registration and I was able to satisfy the requirements It cost $60 and they don't take cash, check or credit card only. After all that I was damn close to not getting my ID. I have money, I have a car and the ability to take time off work. If States wanna require photo ID to vote they gotta make it easier.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:32 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:09 pm do florida voting laws require proof of property ownership? or is this just another hypothetical scenario that confuses everyone?
No, it doesn't. There was a long thread back on UJ/Pol in 2012 where the idea was repeatedly brought up. I think that Charlie (I might be mistaken) was for it, because of that "skin in the game" business. Owning property was evidently a big thing to our country's founders, and most voters were not franchised because of it. But if we're going to do that, and I disagree with the idea, there's comes the question of quantity. Many of our founding fathers engaged in land speculation, often owning many thousands of acres at little or no cost. That's just not a question these days, where most of us maybe own a few (1, 5, 10) acres at most. I own 3/4 acres total over three properties. Does that give me "skin in the game"?
no one is suggesting that we require proof of property ownership. you can remove that from the conversation because it only brings out the nut jobs.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker is a nutjob despite Flumpy agreeing with 99% of what he says
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

CQ, did using the credit card come with a "convenience" fee on top of the charge?

Our local water company charges a convenience fee for using either a check or a credit or debit card. Oddly, if you simply give them your checking account info with the routing number on their online payment site, it costs nothing extra. But people who show up at the utility's office to pay get to pay more. For the convenience.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:38 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:32 pm
no one is suggesting that we require proof of property ownership. you can remove that from the conversation because it only brings out the nut jobs.
Burn brought it up in this thread, although he didn't seem to be making that suggestion. All I'm saying is that there very much was the idea of property ownership for voting rights back at the old UJ/Pol, several strongly supported it then. If you current UJR righties aren't for it now, good, thanks for being "woke" on the idea.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Voter ID is a solution in search of a problem. None of the shit the Republicans are crying about would be affected by voter ID. Do Republicans really think someone is standing in line......voting under one name.......runnning out to the end of the line.....and voting again under another name? Do they think that is a thing?
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:43 pm CQ, did using the credit card come with a "convenience" fee on top of the charge?

Our local water company charges a convenience fee for using either a check or a credit or debit card. Oddly, if you simply give them your checking account info with the routing number on their online payment site, it costs nothing extra. But people who show up at the utility's office to pay get to pay more. For the convenience.
It did not. When I moved to PA I registered to vote and had to prove who I was. Never had a problem
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:54 pm Voter ID is a solution in search of a problem. None of the shit the Republicans are crying about would be affected by voter ID. Do Republicans really think someone is standing in line......voting under one name.......runnning out to the end of the line.....and voting again under another name? Do they think that is a thing?
Oh, well, it might keep an illegal alien from voting, right?
It might keep someone from voting in more than one state?
It might keep someone from casting a vote for someone else?
And its a pretty simple way to regulate that a person only voted one time, right?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

A federal court in Texas found that 608,470 registered voters don’t have the forms of identification that the state now requires for voting. For example, residents can vote with their concealed-carry handgun licenses but not their state-issued student university IDs.

Across the country, about 11 percent of Americans do not have government-issued photo identification cards, such as a driver’s license or a passport, according to Wendy Weiser of the Democracy Program at the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University School of Law.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady

Post by QillerDaemon »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:05 pm
Stapes wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:54 pm Voter ID is a solution in search of a problem. None of the shit the Republicans are crying about would be affected by voter ID. Do Republicans really think someone is standing in line......voting under one name.......runnning out to the end of the line.....and voting again under another name? Do they think that is a thing?
And its a pretty simple way to regulate that a person only voted one time, right?
But does it prevent any of that, and more importantly, is any of that really happening? Can someone show provable statistics that any such voter ID fraud is occurring in a substantial amount that would throw an election results differently?

And to throw another curve ball: I *love* how the righties here love to point out that other 1st world countries mandate voter ID (as well as many shitty 3rd would countries...) as evidence we here in the US should do it. Yet, national healthcare that those same countries provide... :roll:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:17 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:05 pm
But does it prevent any of that, and more importantly, is any of that really happening? Can someone show provable statistics that any such voter ID fraud is occurring in a substantial amount that would throw an election results differently?

And to throw another curve ball: I *love* how the righties here love to point out that other 1st world countries mandate voter ID (as well as many shitty 3rd would countries...) as evidence we here in the US should do it. Yet, national healthcare that those same countries provide... :roll:
i would absolutely say that it prevents that. is it 100% infallible? i would never argue that anything is 100% infallible. Its just like you having to enter a password or login to get into your computer. That isn't infallible, but its a hell of a lot better than a dumbass leaving their computer open to anyone that turns it on. My god, how is that not just common logic? In my mind, requiring voter ID would only have one real purpose and that would be to keep illegal aliens from voting. The other things on that list are simply other plus marks in the column, but certainly not what i would be most worried about.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:14 pm
Stapes wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:21 pm We should bring back literacy tests... That should get rid of alot of Texans from voting
We need to institute a policy where only net taxpayers are permitted to vote in elections.
Is that part of the Georgia law?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:39 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:14 pm
Is that part of the Georgia law?
Did anyone say it was?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

You need to prove who you are when you register to vote.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:57 pm You need to prove who you are when you register to vote.
then it shouldn't be a problem.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:02 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:57 pm You need to prove who you are when you register to vote.
Then you don't need to do it over and over again. It's redundant and big government.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:06 pm
Then you don't need to do it over and over again. It's redundant and big government.
:lol: Over and over again. like you have to vote every day. get the fuck out :lol:
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Animal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:30 pm
:lol: Over and over again. like you have to vote every day. get the fuck out :lol:
I vote twice a year, they know who I am.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:31 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:30 pm
I vote twice a year, they know who I am.
OMG! Every single year you have to take a card out of your wallet? Twice! In the same year?!?!?! The humanity!!!