The danger of white leftists

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Re: The danger of white leftists

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Any chance of Newsome going down? That would be absolutely amazing. I will have a new found enormous amount of respect for California if they can pull that off.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

I’d bet no. There are so few conservatives compared to indoctrinated dupes. Despite Newsome slamming the door in his face repeatedly, it doesn’t seem to stick.

He’s portrayed the recall as a Republican hit job. It’s so awful in dim cities, fuckin filthy tents end meth heads on the sidewalks. Even voters in those shit holes don’t connect the dots to Democrat leadership.

I honestly think they blame Trump.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

For those trying to follow along at home, "Gentrification" is a fancy word, likely cooked up by liberals, that means "cleaning up the place".

Thanks.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:45 pm For those trying to follow along at home, "Gentrification" is a fancy word, likely cooked up by liberals, that means "cleaning up the place".

Thanks.
Exactly. AKA: improving
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Devils advocate here.

I lived through the gentrification process. Moved to my little town over 30 years ago. There was nothing wrong with it then it’s only flaw being affordable housing. Now the secrets out, it’s so damn nice to live here that there are no homes for our cops or teachers.

Lord knows I love a free market. And through gods grace I am on the good side of the jacked up rent equation, not the bad one. There is no easy answer. Because the correct response is to build more houses and apartments. I’d be cool with that as long as the increased traffic Didn’t come along with them.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:18 pm Devils advocate here.

I lived through the gentrification process. Moved to my little town over 30 years ago. There was nothing wrong with it then it’s only flaw being affordable housing. Now the secrets out, it’s so damn nice to live here that there are no homes for our cops or teachers.

Lord knows I love a free market. And through gods grace I am on the good side of the jacked up rent equation, not the bad one. There is no easy answer. Because the correct response is to build more houses and apartments. I’d be cool with that as long as the increased traffic Didn’t come along with them.
that's why you need railroad tracks. to separate parts of town.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

We do!

And it is the line of demarcation between rich and super rich, with a couple exceptions. All high density and multi family is on my side. The cool kids are on the other, with not only puhlenty of buildable land, but an iron-fisted will that won’t allow anything other than starter-castles to be erected.

Now we have fractional ownership houses to get around the vacation rental restrictions.

How does 1/8th of a 3000 sqft home for 500 grand sound?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:43 pm We do!

And it is the line of demarcation between rich and super rich, with a couple exceptions. All high density and multi family is on my side. The cool kids are on the other, with not only puhlenty of buildable land, but an iron-fisted will that won’t allow anything other than starter-castles to be erected.

Now we have fractional ownership houses to get around the vacation rental restrictions.

How does 1/8th of a 3000 sqft home for 500 grand sound?
so do they mail property tax bills out to 8 different people for one property? each at 1/8? :lol:

around here you have to create an LLC and split it all up yourself.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Dunno. Probably done as tax-deductible fees.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Airbnb is a problem. Just because you can streamline things online doesn't mean it should be allowed. Housing should be protected from this nonsense.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:55 pm Airbnb is a problem. Just because you can streamline things online doesn't mean it should be allowed. Housing should be protected from this nonsense.
Horseshit. Why cant I rent my own property out when I'm not there?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:57 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:55 pm Airbnb is a problem. Just because you can streamline things online doesn't mean it should be allowed. Housing should be protected from this nonsense.
Do you have zoning laws in Texas? Are you zoned for commercial? What prevents you from putting a sign on the street offering rooms for rent by the day? Also, lots of these homeowners bypass TOT taxes that puts that at a unfair advantage against traditional lodging businesses.

And like Charlie says, it is beginning to dictate where the "service industry, government employees, teachers, etc" are able to live at a fair price if at all.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:10 pm
Do you have zoning laws in Texas? Are you zoned for commercial? What prevents you from putting a sign on the street offering rooms for rent by the day? Also, lots of these homeowners bypass TOT taxes that puts that at a unfair advantage against traditional lodging businesses.

And like Charlie says, it is beginning to dictate where the "service industry, government employees, teachers, etc" are able to live at a fair price if at all.
yes, most of texas has pretty strict zoning laws (except Houston, which is a cess pool of its own where they have liquor stores, elementary schools, churches and titty bars on the same block).

So, I have never really understood how the AirBnB stuff worked around the zoning.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:21 pm

yes, most of texas has pretty strict zoning laws (except Houston, which is a cess pool of its own where they have liquor stores, elementary schools, churches and titty bars on the same block).

So, I have never really understood how the AirBnB stuff worked around the zoning.
It is the housing version of those stupid electric scooters laying all over downtown areas.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:24 pm

It is the housing version of those stupid electric scooters laying all over downtown areas.
U Haul should take up that business model. If you need a trailer you just hook one up and when you are done just unhook and roll it off to the side wherever you are.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

damn, think how many 16 foot trailers could be done away with if we just "trailer shared". Have just a few good 16 foot trailers with really good tires and pressure treated and sealed floor boards and like industrial wired lights. We would have cadillac trailers and probably only 1% of the number lying around right now. But you would be limited to only a few days a month.

Rental rates tripled on Saturday and Sunday.
Biker

Post by Biker »

I was referring to my Scottsdale condo.

The property values would take a hit there if short term rental were barred
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:50 pm

I work a 2nd home market, I get it. The negatives out weigh the positives. I am not suggesting getting rid of vacation rentals completely but it needs to be balanced approach. I have lots of thoughts on this "problem" if you really want to get into it.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:57 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:50 pm

I work a 2nd home market, I get it. The negatives out weigh the positives. I am not suggesting getting rid of vacation rentals completely but it needs to be balanced approach. I have lots of thoughts on this "problem" if you really want to get into it.
Most of these short term rentals are in tourism areas, like Scottsdale, places the poors are unlikely to reside anyways
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Burn1dwn wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:24 pm

Excellent!
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

I got two air bnb’s within shouting distance. Not too bad. What I really, really can’t stand are the fuckin idiots who have no concept of an inside voice.

So they sit on the patios, behind a redwood fence yacking, sometimes until the wee hours if they’ve got blow or worse.

BUT, when there’s nobody there it’s pretty nice.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:18 pm Devils advocate here.

Its an unfortunate consequence of rising property values. Look at it this way: How many neighborhoods and small towns go the other way and become places were no one wants to live? I'd imagine it will get figured out when there are no teachers, cops, firefighters or others service folks to keep the city moving and safe. Then necessity will ensure some affordable housing is constructed.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

The town has land on which to build affordable housing. But it doesn’t have water. 10 or even 50 units won’t make a dent in the problem.

It needs to use that land to generate sales tax because the city is broke.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Charliesheen wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:52 am The town has land on which to build affordable housing. But it doesn’t have water. 10 or even 50 units won’t make a dent in the problem.

It needs to use that land to generate sales tax because the city is broke.
tell them to start tacking on a property tax. if they already do, they need to increase it. sales tax is a tough way to bail a city out of being broke.
Biker

Post by Biker »