Menthol cigs to banned because they racist

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Re: Menthol cigs to banned because they racist

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:39 pm It is a fact the menthols have been advertised specifically and intentionally to black Americans, and it is a fact that black Americans are now the customer base for menthols. These are just facts. The conclusions you have drawn from that and then attributed to me are your own.
It is a fact that all other cigarettes are primarily and specifically are advertised toward whites. It is a fact they are now the customer base for all other cigarettes. The conclusions I have drawn are because of your implications.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

QillerDaemon wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:47 pm
Stapes wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:47 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:44 pm Popeyes fried chicken advertising is racist. They don’t set up stores in cracker neighborhoods, denying me soul food.

Buncha racists.
They just opened one near my trailerhood I'm very excited
We have two within a mile radius of us, both have lines out the front door. We still go to the halal chicken place, much better chicken.
i was traveling today and ended up in a popeyes. i was treated like shit. its almost as if they went out of their way to be rude and angry. i wanted to talk shit but didn't. it was horrible fuck that place
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Stapes wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:47 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:44 pm Popeyes fried chicken advertising is racist. They don’t set up stores in cracker neighborhoods, denying me soul food.

Buncha racists.
They just opened one near my trailerhood I'm very excited
Dont believe the hype about the chicken sandwich. Its good but there is no way I'd wait in a half hour line for it.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

necronomous wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:20 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:39 pm It is a fact the menthols have been advertised specifically and intentionally to black Americans, and it is a fact that black Americans are now the customer base for menthols. These are just facts. The conclusions you have drawn from that and then attributed to me are your own.
It is a fact that all other cigarettes are primarily and specifically are advertised toward whites. It is a fact they are now the customer base for all other cigarettes. The conclusions I have drawn are because of your implications.
No, that is in fact not a fact.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:39 pm
necronomous wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:20 pm
No, that is in fact not a fact.
Wink wink ok
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

What exactly is your point here?

First off, banning something deemed "bad" doesn't stop people from using it. It just forces it underground and increases the risk to all parties involved in its sale and use. Ergo --> you are literally increasing the chances of harming blacks by banning their cigarettes of choice. So supporting this move is clearly not a measure of compassion...

Second, ads targeting specific demographics is nothing new. In fact 2005 Kool targeted Hispanics hardcore to expand its base. --Oops!

But of course that is but one example in hundreds of thousands. Cigarettes are dangerous, they have been marketed to a myriad of demographics, including children. They used skewed science to mitigate the truth on how deadly they can be for decades. If anything --> they are an equal opportunity killer.

To cry racism is to just parrot the political narrative [read:lie].
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Cassandros wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:33 am

First off, banning something deemed "bad" doesn't stop people from using it. It just forces it underground and increases the risk to all parties involved in its sale and use. Ergo --> you are literally increasing the chances of harming blacks by banning their cigarettes of choice. So supporting this move is clearly not a measure of compassion...

Second, ads targeting specific demographics is nothing new. In fact 2005 Kool targeted Hispanics hardcore to expand its base. --Oops!

But of course that is but one example in hundreds of thousands. Cigarettes are dangerous, they have been marketed to a myriad of demographics, including children. They used skewed science to mitigate the truth on how deadly they can be for decades. If anything --> they are an equal opportunity killer.

My clearly stated and repeated point is simply that menthols have been intentionally and successfully marketed to black folks and then exempted from bans of other flavored tobacco products. Those are just the facts of the situation, which seems to cause an instinctive response in righties to try and deny the facts. It's just the way y'all argue these days.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:57 am

My clearly stated and repeated point is simply that menthols have been intentionally and successfully marketed to black folks and then exempted from bans of other flavored tobacco products. Those are just the facts of the situation, which seems to cause an instinctive response in righties to try and deny the facts. It's just the way y'all argue these days.
Seriously, no one has denied that they are marketed to black people. That in no way, is the point of this discussion. I've already said thus, but you just gloss over it because that's the way Lefties argue these days.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

necronomous wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:45 am

Seriously, no one has denied that they are marketed to black people. That in no way, is the point of this discussion. I've already said thus, but you just gloss over it because that's the way Lefties argue these days.
I honestly have no idea what you think you are discussing. Apparently you think I've said things I didn't, but are unable to quote me doing so. Just an embarrassing thread for you. Please continue.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:14 pm
necronomous wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:45 am

I honestly have no idea what you think you are discussing. Apparently you think I've said things I didn't, but are unable to quote me doing so. Just an embarrassing thread for you. Please continue.
We both know you're purposely being full of shit. It's ok. Fetish all you want you dumb bastard. I'll let you beat off to that.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

I think you are once again selling bullshit and calling it 'road fudge'.

What flavored cigarettes have been banned?

Citation needed, because I know of no less than 7 non-menthol flavors you can buy right now.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Cassandros wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:15 am

Citation needed, because I know of no less than 7 non-menthol flavors you can buy right now.
edit: nevermind. it was in 2009 that the FDA banned all flavors of cigarettes except menthol.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:20 am

edit: nevermind. it was in 2009 that the FDA banned all flavors of cigarettes except menthol.
That date helped. Thanks. Ever damn google search just popped up the recent menthol banned being proposed. Or a list of flavored tobacco you can readily buy.

According to a 2013 survey of internet tobacco retailers, the most common flavors are apple, cherry, chocolate, honey, grape, menthol, mint, peach, rum, strawberry, "sweet" (including bubble gum, candy, and toffee) and vanilla. ...But I guess they are not technically "cigarettes".

Changes little to the overall point. Making vices illegal rarely produces the stated desired results and targeted advertising is either all racist, or not racist. You can't pick and choose.
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Cassandros wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:40 am

That date helped. Thanks. Ever damn google search just popped up the recent menthol banned being proposed. Or a list of flavored tobacco you can readily buy.

According to a 2013 survey of internet tobacco retailers, the most common flavors are apple, cherry, chocolate, honey, grape, menthol, mint, peach, rum, strawberry, "sweet" (including bubble gum, candy, and toffee) and vanilla. ...But I guess they are not technically "cigarettes".

Changes little to the overall point. Making vices illegal rarely produces the stated desired results and targeted advertising is either all racist, or not racist. You can't pick and choose.
I just read the entirety of this thread. The only posters who brought up race were you, Necro and the rest of the usual righty suspects.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

spudoc wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:26 am

I just read the entirety of this thread. The only posters who brought up race were you, Necro and the rest of the usual righty suspects.
You must have missed the quoted highlighted part of the original post.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Antknot wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:43 am

You must have missed the quoted highlighted part of the original post.
Do you think that is not simply factually accurate information?
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

I didnt bring it up slim, the title and the op did.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

All I've done is state the factual basis. They want to argue how it's not at all racist, but the only thing that has led them to conclude it was are the facts. Super confusing for the poor dimwits :lol:
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

necronomous wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:27 pm

Um, Biker. You chose to run with it.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

spudoc wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:33 pm

No, I countered implications that were made based off op.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

necronomous wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:35 pm

Then it seems you should be addressing Biker.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

spudoc wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:37 pm
necronomous wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:35 pm

Then it seems you should be addressing Biker.
Was not the one making the implications that I refer.
Last edited by necronomous on Sat May 01, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

He can't, biker was mocking the idea that it might be racist. That's what fits the righty narrative, racism doesn't really exist anymore. They need a lefty to argue this conclusion they have all drawn from the facts, so they can argue against their own conclusion which is obviously only something a lefty would ever come up with. Hella confusing to them that it's their own conclusion they want to dispute.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Meanwhile this brother drops the mich guvners name.

A cunt is a cunt by any other name.