Menthol cigs to banned because they racist

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Re: Menthol cigs to banned because they racist

Post by AnalHamster »

necronomous wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:53 am
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:41 am
necronomous wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:09 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:54 pm They were literally openly and undeniably marketed primarily to black people for fifty years. The result has been that they are primarily smoked by black people. Why do you dimitwits think companies spend money on marketing?
So why aren't they banning all cigarettes?
Lobbyists. Duh.
But they aren't going to lobby to stop the ban on menthol?
Tobacco lobbyists oppose banning menthol cigarettes. Y'all have just reached a time where sane people are governing and have the political capital to get it done after the trump disaster. How retarded are you?
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:57 am
AnalHamster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:54 pm They were literally openly and undeniably marketed primarily to black people for fifty years. The result has been that they are primarily smoked by black people. Why do you dimitwits think companies spend money on marketing?
Lobbyists. Duh.
Tobacco lobbyists oppose banning menthol cigarettes. Y'all have just reached a time where sane people are governing and have the political capital to get it done after the My Red Overlord disaster. How retarded are you?
I don't think you understand...I know you don't understand what I'm saying. You're saying its ok to continue to give cancer to a portion of the population that was extremely advertised to, but not the other. And your claim is thats not racist, but the advertisement to black people and not white people, wasn't. And the advertisement to all the white people was also not racism, just to black people.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

In the US, menthol represented nearly one third (27%) of the cigarette market when it was excluded from a cigarette flavour ban in 2009.5051 A proposed federal (nationwide) ban in 2016 led to a drop in the value of tobacco companies’ shares, although it was not implemented.5253 By 2018, 36% of cigarettes sold were menthol, and less than 1% of the US population lived in areas where menthol cigarettes were banned.251 In 2020, Massachusetts passed state-wide legislation banning all flavoured tobacco products, including menthol. Later the same year California passed a similar law, although some cigars and pipe tobacco were exempt.54 There are multiple other local bans and restrictions in place across the country – for more information see the factsheet produced by the Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids.55

The US continues to be an important market for tobacco companies’ menthol brands. In its 2018 Annual Report, BAT said that after it acquired US tobacco company RJ Reynolds in 2017 “The sales of Newport, together with the other menthol brands of the Group’s operating subsidiaries, represent a significant portion of the Group’s total net sales”.56 In the same report it repeatedly noted the risk of any future flavour bans to impact negatively on its business.56 In September 2020, the Los Angeles Times reported that the tobacco industry was attempting to interfere with the implementation of the California ban through third party action.57

In June 2020, two US NGOs (African American Tobacco Control Leadership Council and Action on Smoking and Health) filed a lawsuit against the FDA to try to force it to introduce a ban on menthol cigarettes in order to reduce health inequalities, noting that 85% of African American smokers smoke menthol cigarettes.58 See also the STOP statement on this legal action.

The same figure has been used by the tobacco industry to lobby against the ban, arguing that it is discriminatory: “giving special treatment to the rich, and singling out communities of color”.59 In September 2020, the American Medical Association (AMA) joined the lawsuit as co-plaintiffs.60 The president of the AMA said that “For generations, tobacco companies have promoted menthol cigarettes to the African American community, preying especially on African American youth… This action is long, long overdue”.60

https://tobaccotactics.org/wiki/menthol ... erference/
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

So just to follow up, it's ok to continue to kill white people, but not black people, and its not racist. Got it.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

necronomous wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:59 am
Lobbyists. Duh.
Tobacco lobbyists oppose banning menthol cigarettes. Y'all have just reached a time where sane people are governing and have the political capital to get it done after the My Red Overlord disaster. How retarded are you?
I don't think you understand...I know you don't understand what I'm saying. You're saying its ok to continue to give cancer to a portion of the population that was extremely advertised to, but not the other. And your claim is thats not racist, but the advertisement to black people and not white people, wasn't. And the advertisement to all the white people was also not racism, just to black people.
I have said none of those things, you fucking loony.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

What AH is trying to say is that if a government issues a ban that is only aimed at helping black people (who smoke menthols) and not an extremely similar population of white people (that smoke non menthols) then that is NOT racist. Bans directed at races are not racist.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:28 pm What AH is trying to say is that if a government issues a ban that is only aimed at helping black people (who smoke menthols) and not an extremely similar population of white people (that smoke non menthols) then that is NOT racist. Bans directed at races are not racist.
I am not speaking for AH but he has already told you that they have banned all other forms of flavored tobacco and vapes. Menthol was not included for some odd reason. Then 75% of menthols are smoked by African Americans. And 99.9% of the advertisement are geared towards African Americans. Banning the last "easy to smoke" tobacco products directly helps the black community.

Racism would be saying whites can smoke menthols and blacks can't. I thought that was obvious.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Animal wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:28 pm What AH is trying to say is that if a government issues a ban that is only aimed at helping black people (who smoke menthols) and not an extremely similar population of white people (that smoke non menthols) then that is NOT racist. Bans directed at races are not racist.
They already banned flavoured tobacco, menthol was excluded due to tobacco company lobbyists. And guess what, after 50 years of marketing it to black folk, it's mostly black folk smoking it.

Why can righties never admit reality? If you want to argue that people should be free to kill themselves with cigarettes, I really don't have much to say to that. You do you buddy. But every time on every issue you don't want to admit and argue your position, you want to argue that 2 and 2 is 6. It's fucking bizarre. You don't need to argue the position you take because reality is fake noos.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:33 pm
I am not speaking for AH but he has already told you that they have banned all other forms of flavored tobacco and vapes. Menthol was not included for some odd reason. Then 75% of menthols are smoked by African Americans. And 99.9% of the advertisement are geared towards African Americans. Banning the last "easy to smoke" tobacco products directly helps the black community.

Racism would be saying whites can smoke menthols and blacks can't. I thought that was obvious.
if that is the case, then why bring up racism at all? Why is that mentioned in every post that AH makes about it? Why not just ban the last flavored cigarette and be done with it?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Animal wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:43 pm

if that is the case, then why bring up racism at all? Why is that mentioned in every post that AH makes about it? Why not just ban the last flavored cigarette and be done with it?
I haven't mentioned racism at all. I have observed simple facts which are facts. They have been marketed to black people and now black people are disproportionately smoking them. Marketing works, that's why so many billions are spent on it.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:43 pm
They already banned flavoured tobacco, menthol was excluded due to tobacco company lobbyists. And guess what, after 50 years of marketing it to black folk, it's mostly black folk smoking it.

Why can righties never admit reality? If you want to argue that people should be free to kill themselves with cigarettes, I really don't have much to say to that. You do you buddy. But every time on every issue you don't want to admit and argue your position, you want to argue that 2 and 2 is 6. It's fucking bizarre. You don't need to argue the position you take because reality is fake noos.
i am beginning to see your end game here. You can't pass a law simply because its a good law. You have to divide people on race and use your stance to label people as racist in order to do it. That's the real point, dividing and labeling.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Animal wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:47 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:43 pm

i am beginning to see your end game here. You can't pass a law simply because its a good law. You have to divide people on race and use your stance to label people as racist in order to do it. That's the real point, dividing and labeling.
Yeah it's all a nefarious plot from me to ban menthols despite that not affecting me in any way. I'm just in support of the proposed law I just heard about in this thread, which will undeniably save lives, because I want to split your society apart on racial lines. Makes total sense dude.

I expect it'll help the zionist globalists aid the alien takeover or something. Whatever, makes sense.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:19 pm

Lobbyists. Duh.
But thats just it, you have, and that's how I know you don't understand. And the left never will. Because you're racist. And people project. So because you're racist, everything seems like it's racist, and racism seems like it is everywhere.
Good talk you racist.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Yes, but is that really the overall point. The reason they want to ban them is because it's killing them. All cigarettes kill. If you want to stop something, stop the ads geared toward them and make it geared toward everyone. Otherwise it's saying we don't want to kill blacks, we want to kill everyone else. How can you guys not see this.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

necronomous wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:58 pm

Lobbyists. Duh.
But thats just it, you have, and that's how I know you don't understand. And the left never will. Because you're racist. And people project. So because you're racist, everything seems like it's racist, and racism seems like it is everywhere.
Good talk you racist.
If I say I haven't said something, and you claim I have, and all our interactions are in writing on a forum with a quote button, this kinda makes you look absolutely retarded, doesn't it?
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

So do the brewers of malt liquor also target blacks, and if so, should that product be banned as well?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

I don't think they have targeted blacks, no. The more important distinction though would be that we have collectively as a society determined that cigarettes are bad, and beer is good, at least to the point where it shouldn't be banned. If you did want to ban malt liquor, then you should not market a subset of malt liquor to black people and then exempt that from the ban.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:08 pm
Good talk you racist.
If I say I haven't said something, and you claim I have, and all our interactions are in writing on a forum with a quote button, this kinda makes you look absolutely retarded, doesn't it?
If you don't understand implications that's on your public school system not me. Racist.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

necronomous wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:35 pm

Good talk you racist.
If you don't understand implications that's on your public school system not me. Racist.
Notice how you still couldn't find that quote button? Kinda humiliatingly embarrassing for you isn't it?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:22 pmmarketing of methols to black folks, 85% of black smokers smoke them compared to 29% of white smokers.
AnalHamster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:54 pmThey were literally openly and undeniably marketed primarily to black people for fifty years. The result has been that they are primarily smoked by black people.
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:44 am Menthols in the U.S. have been aggressively targeted at black folks
I'll just point out that as an example Marlboro menthol shorts were literally advertised as 'exquisitely for the African American lung'
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:16 am The cigarette companies openly marketed these things to african americans. They disproportionately harm african.
Denying that menthols have been marketed to african
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:43 pm after 50 years of marketing it to black folk, it's mostly black folk smoking it.
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:46 pmI haven't mentioned racism at all.
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:08 pmIf I say I haven't said something, and you claim I have, and all our interactions are in writing on a forum with a quote button, this kinda makes you look absolutely retarded, doesn't it?
:lol:
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Animal wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:56 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:22 pmmarketing of methols to black folks, 85% of black smokers smoke them compared to 29% of white smokers.
AnalHamster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:54 pmThey were literally openly and undeniably marketed primarily to black people for fifty years. The result has been that they are primarily smoked by black people.
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:44 am Menthols in the U.S. have been aggressively targeted at black folks
I'll just point out that as an example Marlboro menthol shorts were literally advertised as 'exquisitely for the African American lung'
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:16 am The cigarette companies openly marketed these things to african americans. They disproportionately harm african.
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:43 pm after 50 years of marketing it to black folk, it's mostly black folk smoking it.
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:08 pmIf I say I haven't said something, and you claim I have, and all our interactions are in writing on a forum with a quote button, this kinda makes you look absolutely retarded, doesn't it?
The marketing of menthols to black people is something people out here in reality refer to as a 'fact'. It is something that is true, it happened. Are you declaring it was a racist act? I haven't.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

necronomous wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:02 pm

Yes, but is that really the overall point. The reason they want to ban them is because it's killing them. All cigarettes kill. If you want to stop something, stop the ads geared toward them and make it geared toward everyone. Otherwise it's saying we don't want to kill blacks, we want to kill everyone else. How can you guys not see this.
I think your white pride is clouding your logic.

1)Menthols should have been included in previous bans on "flavored" tobacco
2)Banning Menthols stops Negroes, Latinos and even Gringos from smoking them.
3)Banning Menthols stops all advertising, to all races but they really only have to stop targeting one (the ad men/tobacco barons turned this into a racial discussion).
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Burn1dwn wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:00 pm
necronomous wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:02 pm

I think your white pride is clouding your logic.

1)Menthols should have been included in previous bans on "flavored" tobacco
2)Banning Menthols stops Negroes, Latinos and even Gringos from smoking them.
3)Banning Menthols stops all advertising, to all races but they really only have to stop targeting one (the ad men/tobacco barons turned this into a racial discussion).
1) All cigarettes should be banned, not just flavored ones. It could also be said if they took all the ones away that mostly black people like, would also be racist.
2)banning all cigarettes would do the same. But menthols are really targeted toward blacks, therefore they want to save more black people. And by saying we only want to save mostly black people, then they are saying fuck everyone else. Or they should ban them all.
3)well yeah, but no one is complaining about all the ads directed at whites that are killing them.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:38 pm
necronomous wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:35 pm

Good talk you racist.
Notice how you still couldn't find that quote button? Kinda humiliatingly embarrassing for you isn't it?
Not at all, I proved my point, you're a racist.

Let me help you out, because your school system has failed you. If I said, I want everyone, but black people to die, I didnt actually say I want white people to die, but I really did.

That's what you're doing. Good talk.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:00 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:56 pm
The marketing of menthols to black people is something people out here in reality refer to as a 'fact'. It is something that is true, it happened. Are you declaring it was a racist act? I haven't.
Things you're not picking up on.
1) no one said they weren't targeting black people.
2)we said that just banning these because it kills blacks, but not banning them all because they kill everyone is racist. It's targeted protection.