Inflation cometh

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Re: Inflation cometh

Post by Biker »

When money no longer has any meaning, this shouldnt come as a surprise. Two trillion here, another trillion there, and WTF, how about another four trillion for these cute little projects?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

pork wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:10 pm
Animal wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:54 pm
pork wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:49 pm there is a larger issus at hand. the suppliers are sitting on inventory...especially in lumber. there are warehouses filled with it and they are trickling it out to keep the prices up. typically that will turn into the opposite effect
i doubt the suppliers are doing that on purpose if that is the case. I would suspect that there is so much of a labor shortage that they can't come close to the demand for lumber orders being made around he country. The demand for houses right now is at insane levels. There just are not enough skilled tradesmen to do all of the work.
in ca we are out of dirt. the construction shortage isnt driving the market. im telling right now...they are sitting on inventory across the sectors. that is driving price. its even in my business. appraisers are driving the market because of demand. they have 3x' plus their fees over the past year
well, i know that developers are pushing projects around here faster than they can get permits. The goal right now is to get lots available to sell. i hear lumber prices are going up daily. I know that concrete prices are not only sky rocketing but its hard to even get concrete. Unless you pay your bills on time and you want an early morning order, you have no shot. And even then its hit and miss. I have a job right now that requires cement stabilization and I honestly don't know if I can get the cement. The developer is considering paying me $200,000 more money to put down crushed stone in stead. Its insane right now. I don't know where these builders are going to get all of the roofers and framers and skilled laborers to do all of the work. But that's a different problem because the homes sell way before any work gets done.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Lumber prices are absolutely nutz.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:23 pm Lumber prices are absolutely nutz.
Rillz

I got a quote last week for new wood flooring in my Arizona condo and the contractor said that he can only honor the price for 15 days because of wild fluctuations in materials
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Commodity shortages are due to pandemic supply chain disruption, not new money supply.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:24 am Commodity shortages are due to pandemic supply chain disruption, not new money supply.
you think the pandemic supply chain is the reason for a lumber shortage right now? :lol:
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Animal wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:58 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:24 am Commodity shortages are due to pandemic supply chain disruption, not new money supply.
you think the pandemic supply chain is the reason for a lumber shortage right now? :lol:
Yes, one reason at least. It's certainly not inflation being 1.3%, because that's actually bellow target.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:43 pm
Yes, one reason at least. It's certainly not inflation being 1.3%, because that's actually bellow target.
No. Its because houses cannot be built fast enough. The demand for houses right now is at historic proportions.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

The numeric rate of inflation isn't what drives prices up. Consumer purchasing drives inflation, which in turn will change the number you posted for what inflation is.

its similiar to the speed of a car. The speed is a result of the pressure of the foot on the gas pedal. Not what the speedometer is reading.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Animal wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:00 pm
The numeric rate of inflation isn't what drives prices up. Consumer purchasing drives inflation, which in turn will change the number you posted for what inflation is.

its similiar to the speed of a car. The speed is a result of the pressure of the foot on the gas pedal. Not what the speedometer is reading.
The numeric rate of inflation is a measure of the inflation rate. The current driver of inflation is commodity prices which in our globalised economy is being driven by supply chain disruption due to the pandemic. It ain't rocket science.
The righty position, as it always is except when a righty president does it, is that stimulus inevitably causes inflation. Still objectively false. The difference this time is there is a global pandemic disrupting supply chains and that does change prices.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:06 pm

The numeric rate of inflation is a measure of the inflation rate. The current driver of inflation is commodity prices which in our globalised economy is being driven by supply chain disruption due to the pandemic. It ain't rocket science.
The righty position, as it always is except when a righty president does it, is that stimulus inevitably causes inflation. Still objectively false. The difference this time is there is a global pandemic disrupting supply chains and that does change prices.
:lol: The price of lumber is going up because builders are building houses and ordering lumber at rates that the lumber suppliers have never seen before. its really that simple.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Animal wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:13 pm

:lol: The price of lumber is going up because builders are building houses and ordering lumber at rates that the lumber suppliers have never seen before. its really that simple.
Yep, the result of a years worth of pent up demand finally being realized
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

So despite your one dimensional limited view of the cause, you agree with me that it isn't stimulus. Ok.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Inflation is increasing because a push of trillions of dollars into the economy with a high demand of goods.

The cost of of goods are going up because of a high demand after a lull of delivering in a pandemic.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:46 pm

So despite your one dimensional limited view of the cause, you agree with me that it isn't stimulus. Ok.
well i would guess that those $trillions mailed out to people to spend has something to do with it. i doubt its just a coincidence.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Animal wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:18 pm

well i would guess that those $trillions mailed out to people to spend has something to do with it. i doubt its just a coincidence.
Well you would be wrong. And sadly incapable of using the internet to find information. I guess that's why Republicans still have voters.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 pm
Animal wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:18 pm

Well you would be wrong. And sadly incapable of using the internet to find information. I guess that's why Republicans still have voters.
i don't rely on google to know what the fuck is going on. I deal in subdivisions every fucking day of my life. I know the mad dash right now the builders are under to get houses and lots for sale because its what I do. Now, if we were discussing how to pour beer down a drain for a living, I would defer to your expertise on the subject since that's what you do.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I've got a couple customers whose husbands are contractors and they flat out said if youre thinking of any type of home improvement right now...dont. The price of lumber is just ridiculous and they are crazy backed up with no immediate end in sight so they are charging basically whatever they want and people are still paying.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Yep. If a contractor isn’t stacked up with work now he’s got problems. Stay away.

A good one will give you a stoopid high number instead of nothing.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk